PDA

View Full Version : Bow only area in LML?

fishingguy44
11-23-2012, 09:39 AM
This is my first year out. Ive been trying to put in my time and yesterday finally had a buck spotted on the far side of a cut near Squamish. I was using a home made rattle bag followed up with a couple quick doe bleats. brought him in from 250 yards to almost 60 before a shot rang out from over my shoulder and another hunter had taken him. I was not very happy with their lack of seeing me and shooting over top. I have heard rumors of a bow only area on the Surrey Delta border around 16thave? I have a fraser valley map but dont see any areas listed as bow only? is there an area where this is possible or am i chasing a ghost?

coconut54
12-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Awe dude that sucks.

EvanG
12-11-2012, 08:21 AM
bowen island

fishingguy44
12-11-2012, 08:51 AM
Bowen??? only if you have private land? no where to actually hunt? do you know of a majical place? pm me

LiquidGuides01
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Bowen Is good, small deer, but if you know someone that has property thats a HUGE help for that isl.
Usually make a trip over there every year with the bow

Wild one
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Pick up the special areas map and look for the no shooting areas. Any area that restricts the use of a rifle is also good because there are very few in region 2 that hunt deer with a shotgun. There is a lot of places in region 2 like this you just need to scout them.

Sorry I won't give any exact locations because the ones I have found almost no one hunts them and it is nice to have it that way.

fearnodeer
12-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

brian
12-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Any area open to hunting but restricting firearms. Look for all the no shooting zones in the regs, there are quite a few of them especially closer to towns. If you are in any municipal boundaries check to see if they have a bow bylaw before hunting there. For example Abbotsford is a community that allows bow use but restricts firearms so lots of bow only areas. The sea to sky corridor from West Van to Squamish is pretty much bow only.

Red arch
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Sumas mountain in Abbotsford is a bow only hunting area from my knowledge.

Speratus
05-13-2013, 03:51 PM
You do need a Special Fraser Valley Area Hunting License to hunt in Abby tho. After looking at the Maps, there's not a lot of forested high elevation in Abby, mostly farms which means you'd need permission to hunt on them. But where to the deer bed? In and around Sumas is looking to be good but I'm wondering with the Quarry and the Forestry their doing around there... if the deer are still there?