PDA

View Full Version : stopped by a CO

curt
11-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Well my hunting partner and I were up in region 3 from Nov 18-21 didnt connect ridiculus amount of movement at night but day time was reaaly quite. Anyway a CO pulled into our camp really a decent guy we chatted for 40 minutes swapped a few stories. I wont get into too much detail on some of the issue's but he did say that there has been a gross over harvest of bull moose in parts of region 3 and he anticipates many MU's closing very soon if not by next year!? His explaination was " if there is any type of sustainable season for the average hunter then the natives are free and clear to shoot whatever and however many they choose" He also said " I hate to say it but this is a dying sport and things are going to get way worse not better our kids wont be hunting" Kind of a depressing thought just thought I would share OH.. He also mentioned that " the majority of the people in Victoria calling the shots could care less about us, they beleive that your meat should come on a stirofoam plate wrapped in plastic so we are last on the priority list"!!

Spy
11-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Very Sad curt I think that we as a collective hunting body need to get to the bottom of this & repair whats broken now, to ensure that hunting is not lost to future generations ! I think its time to get rid of the spineless bunch of no do'rs in Victoria that are only there for a "job"!

elkdom
11-22-2012, 09:52 AM
the CO seems like a smart guy, aware of the real issues,,,,,,,,,

you could have been a bit more "hospitable" and invited him into your camp for dinner,

todays' menu >

Roasted Bald Eagle, (should Eagle not be available, Trumpeter Swan will be substituted"
Baked Spotted Owl and Marbled Murrelet Pie,
Vancouver Island Marmot Stew,
Salad with rendered "Spirit Bear Oil' for dressing,

and some "Fraser Valley Magic Mushrooms" for dessert

:mrgreen:

Gun Dog
11-22-2012, 09:57 AM
" the majority of the people in Victoria calling the shots could care less about us, they beleive that your meat should come on a stirofoam plate wrapped in plastic so we are last on the priority list"!!The government preferred way to get meat is: rancher (big corporation) to meat packer (big corporation) to grocery store (big corporation) to consumer (sucker). That generates way more economic activity (and taxes) then a hunter who buys a box of bullets every few years.

The Dude
11-22-2012, 10:04 AM

you could have been a bit more "hospitable" and invited him into your camp for dinner,

todays' menu >

Roasted Bald Eagle, (should Eagle not be available, Trumpeter Swan will be substituted"

Absolutely brilliant post, thank you for always being consistent.

Wild one
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
With the "sit in the corner and hope someone else fixes the problem mentality" most hunters have the CO is probably right.

Unless some strange thing happens and hunters start to stand and be heard I don't think it will change. Yes there is the BCWF but that can't be relied on for everything

hawk-i
11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Very Sad curt I think that we as a collective hunting body need to get to the bottom of this & repair whats broken now, to ensure that hunting is not lost to future generations ! I think its time to get rid of the spineless bunch of no do'rs in Victoria that are only there for a "job"!

This is 100% true....action has to be taken before it is to late. The media has to start reporting on this issue and most likely the only way it will happen is with the same tactics the natives use, a road block disrupting the daily routine of a lot of people. If a large group of concerned citizens (hunters) were to repeatedly blockade all roads within one block of the ministery of forests, lands and natural resources office in Victoria (and all provincial headquarters across canada) it might force some action. The thing is we all like to complain but not many are willing to act and the ministry knows this.

igojuone
11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
The government preferred way to get meat is: rancher (big corporation) to meat packer (big corporation) to grocery store (big corporation) to consumer (sucker). That generates way more economic activity (and taxes) then a hunter who buys a box of bullets every few years.

Are you kidding, pound for pound my venison is some if not the most expensive meat I'll eat all year. So far this year around $150 in tags and licences and only 1 deer. That's not cheap meat. Then the gas, beer, munchies and any new gear.

Show me a hunter who only buys a box of shells every few years and I'll show you an aging old timer that hasn't bought anything new in 40 years.

Spy
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
The government preferred way to get meat is: rancher (big corporation) to meat packer (big corporation) to grocery store (big corporation) to consumer (sucker). That generates way more economic activity (and taxes) then a hunter who buys a box of bullets every few years.
Beg to differ ! Tally up what all your equipment is worth & how much you spend on a hunt/hunting every year,gas food, ferries ect ! Now multiply that by 100 000 ! Im thinking nobody in the ministry has done the math ! Not to mention tags leh entries & lisences ! What the powers that be dont understand is without us hunters they wont have jobs ! So lets start putting some pressure on these people to make a change !

First change no more pit lamping or shooting at night ! We can start with a petition, reasoning is that it is dangerous to all users, campers,hikers,fishermen all outdoor users ! This would make the CO's & the police's job much easier !

No more hunting out of season except for predator control !
Same rights for all no more discrimination !This is 2012 everyone needs to get with the program, buy a freaking lisence & tags & obey the law that is supposed to govern us all !
This will be a step in the right direction I hope !

The Dude
11-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I know quite a few ranchers, and they're scraping by most years.
As one friend put it, "The only thing dumber than a cow is a cattle rancher". :D

Dunno where you got "Big Corporation" from that.
Anyway, the CO was outta line. Don't think we'll see any end to hunting anytime soon.
A tougher battle? Sure, but an end? Not yet.

recoil
11-22-2012, 10:47 AM
If the NDP gets in power the CO could be right. Remember it was not that long ago that there was no grizzly bear hunting allowed in BC. They do not seem to care about the revenues generated by licenses/LEH draws as much as our current government.

Spy
11-22-2012, 10:49 AM
We need to get out there start taking pictures/video of the wasted meat we find in the bush,ie only the hinds taken off a moose the rest left to rot ,& if possible who is behind the waste ! Dumped fish included !You hear a gun shot at night grab your camera and document it! You see people driving in at night to hunt follow & document !It only takes a few to start being Pro active to make a change ! Lets identify the hot spots for poaching & start makng these peoples lives hard ! Only we can do it ! Im not saying to interfear with a "legal" hunt just document , this is a free country !
Once we have hard evidence of the "legal" atrocity's we can go to the press & garner support ! Nothing is going to change if we sit on our asses & do sweet F all !

skibum
11-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Not that I don't believe you but

1. Gross overharvest of bull moose in some regions by licenced hunters (I presume??) - I have heard this is linked to the opening up of the beatle kill cutblocks??

2. FNs to take too many "any" moose because there is a hunting season for moose

Aren't these two separate issues?

xtremearchery
11-22-2012, 12:10 PM
With the "sit in the corner and hope someone else fixes the problem mentality" most hunters have the CO is probably right.

Unless some strange thing happens and hunters start to stand and be heard I don't think it will change. Yes there is the BCWF but that can't be relied on for everything
You are right on the $$ with that statement. Its is going to take real hunters and real people to unite and fight this battle. The ones we rely on to do this job havnt seen first hand the devistation that is before us. Sleves have to be rolled up and people may have to get a bit dirty. if we want the job done right we may have to do something ourselves.

xtremearchery
11-22-2012, 12:14 PM
We need to get out there start taking pictures/video of the wasted meat we find in the bush,ie only the hinds taken off a moose the rest left to rot ,& if possible who is behind the waste ! Dumped fish included !You hear a gun shot at night grab your camera and document it! You see people driving in at night to hunt follow & document !It only takes a few to start being Pro active to make a change ! Lets identify the hot spots for poaching & start makng these peoples lives hard ! Only we can do it ! Im not saying to interfear with a "legal" hunt just document , this is a free country !
Once we have hard evidence of the "legal" atrocity's we can go to the press & garner support ! Nothing is going to change if we sit on our asses & do sweet F all !

These are great points. Im sure if you called your local CO, he or she would gladly help where they can. They are out manned with all the cut backs they'd gone throught the past few years. I know of one CO that loves involvment like this. Im sure he'll be onboard.

steel_ram
11-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Lot's of hunters have to clean up their act, make this a more respectable pastime that doesn't make such an easy target for the anti's. But this is only the tip of the iceberg.

IMO, we're all drowning in political correctness and cowardess and are all too worried about maintaining a fake high standard of living now, at the cost of prosperity in the long future.

flyboy
11-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Steel_ram

not sure "IF WE'RE ALL DROWNING IN POLICICAL CORRECTNESS AND COWARDNESS" BUT THE PEOPLE IN POWER AND THAT MAKE THE RULES ARE!!!!!!!

Every decision they make is based on re-election and how the public will see them. Whats the answer? I think a start would be having more of a choice then 2 political parties. people are not voteing for who they think is the best candidate they are voting because they don't want the other party. You hate the NDP you will vote liberal even if the candidate is a dud just to keep the ndp out. And visa versa. Remeber the NDP federal candidate that won in Quebec and had never even been to the riding. Thats right she is makeing $150000/year doing ????? Think she is going to rock the boat???

That being said how many votes do you think a party that holds "old school values" would really get? All of us,sure. But there are way more SPECIAL INTREST GROUP votes that are on the money train right now and they will never vote away the easy life/money.

So what to do. I got multiple letters into MP's, not one reply?? Be the first one to stand up and call out the special intrest groups? I will be labeled a racist within 1 hour!! One person won't make a dent. Whatever is done has to be huge and united.

My money says 90% of the elected MP's in BC couldn't carry on a hunting conversation for more then 5 minutes.

Gun Dog
11-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Beg to differ ! Tally up what all your equipment is worth & how much you spend on a hunt/hunting every year,gas food, ferries ect ! Now multiply that by 100 000 ! Im thinking nobody in the ministry has done the math ! Not to mention tags leh entries & lisences ! What the powers that be dont understand is without us hunters they wont have jobs ! So lets start putting some pressure on these people to make a change !
I view hunting as camping with guns so I don't count food (I'm going to eat anyway) and fuel. I do have a quad but I'd have that whether I hunted or not. I used the same hunting gear for 10 years (army surplus camo) and my hiking boots. My bigest hunting expense is a license & tags. Maybe I'm just cheap.

How far do hunters go? When I hunted around Kelowna (Christian Valley) there were a lot of hunters from the Lower Mainland but there were also a lot of early risers who road hunted at first light on the way to work.

Jack Russell
11-22-2012, 02:04 PM
"My money says 90% of the elected MP's in BC couldn't carry on a hunting conversation for more then 5 minutes."

I think you might be conservative in that percentage, and a bit generous on the span of the conversation. You are on to something here, but it is no surprise. Just look at the demographics of the voters.

wicket
11-22-2012, 02:19 PM
i dont think the co is out of line at all. Who better to sort thru the gov bs than someone who sees what is going on in Victoria. The exact same thing is happening at the Canadian Wildlife Service in Ottawa. Most of the hunting upper management has retired off and they have been replaced with women who have never been out behind their desks in ottawa let alone give a shit about hunting.

carnivore
11-22-2012, 03:56 PM
We seen to have ribbons to show the support of many things these days, if someone came up with a camo colored ribbon to show support for hunting would you be willing to wear it??

Glenny
11-22-2012, 04:09 PM
We seen to have ribbons to show the support of many things these days, if someone came up with a camo colored ribbon to show support for hunting would you be willing to wear it??

"Who does not want to wear the rrreebon? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rGaqI20WHyk

curt
11-22-2012, 04:19 PM
wow thats pretty funny he probably would have laughed at that he seemed pretty down to earth but very frustrated as a law enforcement officer at how little he can do even when he knows games are being played he has been doing this job for 18yrs he claimed and its the worst he has ever seen things and only getting worse even still!!

todays' menu >

Spy
11-22-2012, 04:22 PM
I view hunting as camping with guns so I don't count food (I'm going to eat anyway) and fuel. I do have a quad but I'd have that whether I hunted or not. I used the same hunting gear for 10 years (army surplus camo) and my hiking boots. My bigest hunting expense is a license & tags. Maybe I'm just cheap.

How far do hunters go? When I hunted around Kelowna (Christian Valley) there were a lot of hunters from the Lower Mainland but there were also a lot of early risers who road hunted at first light on the way to work.

I dont buy your BS Post why would you even post that you spend no money on hunting just bs, to be different ?You never go on a moose hunt elk hunt ect, that all costs money ! I know I have money tied up in hunting gear boots, jackets, cots, sleeping bag, rifles, reloading equip, bow, truck, knives, arrows I could type a page listing everything which is not the point of this thread & is taking it off track! You are 0,1% of hunters !If you have nothing to add then please dont reply !

So how are we going to make this happen ?How are we going to make a change !Lets do some brain storming & come up with a plan,lets make the change ! I think we need more Independents to vote for & need to get away from these "party's" ! The right person for a job is a person that is passionate about what they are doing,not someone that is there for a pay cheque !

curt
11-22-2012, 04:28 PM
actually your wrong the gross over harvest is directly linked and that is exactly what he was getting at if only the moose from the leh were shot it wouldnt be an issue but as he said if there is a sustainable herd for the average non FN then they have free rights to whatever the deem is enough. The only way we can control FN hunting is to close the season completely if we cant hunt they cant hunt but if we can the get 1st and last crack at whatever they want !?!?!?!? see the link, its happening province wide from what i understand and in fact I hate to say it but he was telling me about a court case won by some native group around PG I beleive that won the right to commercial hunt as they did back in the day trading game for whatever they needed its only a matter of time before more groups win these same rights he seemed very informed i wish i could have taped the talk and posted it Im telling you from what he was saying are future looks dim how long that may take is anyones guess??????
Not that I don't believe you but

1. Gross overharvest of bull moose in some regions by licenced hunters (I presume??) - I have heard this is linked to the opening up of the beatle kill cutblocks??

2. FNs to take too many "any" moose because there is a hunting season for moose

Aren't these two separate issues?

Boner
11-22-2012, 05:05 PM
I know quite a few ranchers, and they're scraping by most years.
As one friend put it, "The only thing dumber than a cow is a cattle rancher". :D

Anyone looking for honeyholes or those spots for a sure thing can go in the yellowpages for their nearest butcher! Good chance it'll cost less in the end.

Sorry, off topic.

That's too bad about Region 3. I seen some areas down there where the moose were just moving in. Was hoping they'd have a rest for a few years before they got pressured.

steel_ram
11-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Everyone has to live under the same set of rules for things to work. We don't so it doesn't. It's that simple. Elaborate on that and the thread gets shut down. (political correctness training). No doubt not all claims, accusations are true . . . . . but where there's smoke . . . .

Sofa King
11-22-2012, 07:58 PM
here's a big part of the problem.
you say in your first post how "we" hunters need to act together to protect our interests.
then you absolutely rip another member for no reason at all.
you even go so far as to tell him to not reply if he has nothing to add?
way to support each other there.
the guy did add, he has opinions just as we all do.
just because you don't agree or believe them doesn't make you better.

this site could do with way less of these attacks on members.
other sites have rules regarding member-bashing.
this one could sure use something similar.

beni
11-22-2012, 08:13 PM
That CO's name start with a "W"?

If so, great guy and he knows his stuff.

That's what I can only assume for Reg 3, butcher in Vavenby has had 20 moose come through is doors already... I just got back from a week of moose hunting in 3-41 and we saw two cows, and we know the area very very well. (Butcher has not had a single moose from 3-41) =\

elkdom
11-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Absolutely brilliant post, thank you for always being consistent.

so how did you do in BC during this hunting season Dud ?,

RayHill
11-22-2012, 09:12 PM

todays' menu >

Here is the video to go with your post. A perfect match to it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZt2kzJf6Xw

Downwind
11-22-2012, 09:20 PM
actually your wrong the gross over harvest is directly linked and that is exactly what he was getting at if only the moose from the leh were shot it wouldnt be an issue but as he said if there is a sustainable herd for the average non FN then they have free rights to whatever the deem is enough. The only way we can control FN hunting is to close the season completely if we cant hunt they cant hunt but if we can the get 1st and last crack at whatever they want !?!?!?!? see the link, its happening province wide from what i understand and in fact I hate to say it but he was telling me about a court case won by some native group around PG I beleive that won the right to commercial hunt as they did back in the day trading game for whatever they needed its only a matter of time before more groups win these same rights he seemed very informed i wish i could have taped the talk and posted it Im telling you from what he was saying are future looks dim how long that may take is anyones guess??????

Actually the way to remove over harvesting is to remove BS 'rights' to blindly kill whatever they want by FN groups based on 'tradition' especially based on the historical fact that moose didn't even exist in the southern regions until the British came and started logging providing favourable moose habit for them to move into. Until we put the ANIMALS first and quick pandering to groups WE the people that PAY for everything are going to lose out on OUR rights to hunt. FN are people like you and me and until the government realizes that we are all screwed. Natural resources is just the tip of iceberg with that whole issue.

HarryToolips
11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
What needs to happen is more of all of you sending e-mails/letters to the Ministry of Environment. I have sent a couple to my local (region 8) head MOE biologist stating my concerns with the status of our wildlife/forests/hunting regulations. Here are my suggestions of some things that need to happen, whomever agrees, please take the time to flood them with letters and emails:

-First Nations members should perhaps not have to buy tags and licences HOWEVER, they should abide by the regs and apply for LEH like EVERYBODY. SAME FOR ALL!
-They should reduce the deer hunting seasons a bit, if they want to increase hunter opportunity, they need to let more deer survive each hunting season - I'd like to see more deer!
-Maybe they should try:
reducing GOS mule deer "any buck" by a week or so, same with the GOS on antlerless whitetail and maybe even reduce the whitetail "any buck" season at the end of November
-And for God sakes, I live on the Westside of Okanagan lake, have never seen an elk on this side so why the heck did they open up 6 point bull elk region 8 everywhere what were they thinking!

oscar makonka
11-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Dosen't matter how much money you spend hunting, the gov't dosen't care. The gov't knows you will spend the money on something else if you can't spend it on hunting. The money will instead go to the, the bar, car dealer, clothing store, restaurant, gas station, etc etc. It will still generate business in the economy, the gov't dosen't care where. For every guy that gets laid off in the gunstore, or the hunting guide who looses his seasonal job in the fall those jobs will be replaced by jobs somewhere else when all that hunting money gets redirected to the tire shop or the building supply store, etc. Point is the economics of it is a dead end argument that will get us nowhere. The gov't does not give a shit how loud you yell or how many river boat outfitters, guides, wranglers, small backwoods motels and gas stations go tits up. They'd prefer you work at Home Depot anyway. To the government, the hunting community is a politically incorrect dirty little secret they wish would go away.

steel_ram
11-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Instead of taking a big hunting trip this year I took the family car camping during the summer. Spent way more money doing that! As for hunting gear, I don't have rediculous amounts of play money for quads, big trucks, toys (no many should), but what I do have is of quality and will not likely need replacing.

I doubt non-guided hunting by residents is as huge a economic benefit as some of us think. It's there and gives some minor benefit to some businesses, especially during the shoulder season but not huge. As far as gear, look how few small businesses selling sporting goods remain afloat.

limit time
11-23-2012, 08:36 AM
You are correct! And I have said this before "the government doesn't care about resident hunters," A guy or gal thet pays 30 000 bucks for A sheep hunt is way more than my hunting trips over a fifteen year period.
Instead of taking a big hunting trip this year I took the family car camping during the summer. Spent way more money doing that! As for hunting gear, I don't have rediculous amounts of play money for quads, big trucks, toys (no many should), but what I do have is of quality and will not likely need replacing.I doubt non-guided hunting by residents is as he a economic benefit as some of us think. It's there and gives some minor benefit to some businesses, especially during the shoulder season but not huge. As far as gear, look how few small businesses selling sporting goods remain afloat.

tightgrouper
11-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I hunted a moose draw in Region 3. Did not see a track or a poop. Did get stopped by a co...very pleasant fella....said the area was wiped out by wolves. I do know there are allot of wolves where I was.

tanker
11-23-2012, 09:08 AM
im 18 and make 15 bucks an hour and my hunting expenses this year have hit probbly 12 grand...... thankfully i live at home

edgar11
11-23-2012, 09:26 AM
here's a big part of the problem.
you say in your first post how "we" hunters need to act together to protect our interests.
then you absolutely rip another member for no reason at all.
you even go so far as to tell him to not reply if he has nothing to add?
way to support each other there.
the guy did add, he has opinions just as we all do.
just because you don't agree or believe them doesn't make you better.

this site could do with way less of these attacks on members.
other sites have rules regarding member-bashing.
this one could sure use something similar.

Well said Duallie. I too have seen other sites shoot down these inappropriate "bashings" before they even begin. Very respecful of "all" of their members.

OutWest
11-23-2012, 09:30 AM
What needs to happen is more of all of you sending e-mails/letters to the Ministry of Environment. I have sent a couple to my local (region 8) head MOE biologist stating my concerns with the status of our wildlife/forests/hunting regulations. Here are my suggestions of some things that need to happen, whomever agrees, please take the time to flood them with letters and emails:

-They should reduce the deer hunting seasons a bit, if they want to increase hunter opportunity, they need to let more deer survive each hunting season - I'd like to see more deer!
-Maybe they should try:
reducing GOS mule deer "any buck" by a week or so, same with the GOS on antlerless whitetail and maybe even reduce the whitetail "any buck" season at the end of November
-And for God sakes, I live on the Westside of Okanagan lake, have never seen an elk on this side so why the heck did they open up 6 point bull elk region 8 everywhere what were they thinking!

Those are the type of recommendations that will only set us back.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-23-2012, 09:38 AM

-First Nations members should perhaps not have to buy tags and licences HOWEVER, they should abide by the regs and apply for LEH like EVERYBODY. SAME FOR ALL!
-Maybe they should try:

So you think if we shoot a few less muley bucks the deer population will increase? Please explain.

And there are elk on the westside.

J_T
11-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Over the years as the CO has moved further away from a wildlife biologist and more toward an enforcement officer, I've learned to take what they say with more and more caution. As they cruise the hunting community with their glasses on they can float an idea out there and then go back and say, I tossed out the idea of blah blah blah.... and most of the guys I talked to responded with blah blah blah..... no science in that. Their focus is not hunting opportunity, or your personal enjoyment, their mandate is enforcement. I spend time in many provinces and in other provinces the CO's are more like tour guides. Fantastic. I will admit that two of the CO's I met this past year appeared to be great guys.

Allen50
11-23-2012, 10:19 AM
something wrong with this, dont think a co would talk like this,,sounds fishie to me,, think he trying to start something,, and i see it started it here first,,, hummmmm,,

steel_ram
11-23-2012, 10:45 AM
something wrong with this, dont think a co would talk like this,,sounds fishie to me,, think he trying to start something,, and i see it started it here first,,, hummmmm,,

Talked to a few CO's that aren't overly optomistic about our fish and game. They are hunters and fishermen.

Ltbullken
11-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Get involved. At least join the BCWF and let the people there know your thoughts and concerns. Hunting issues will be marginalized only if we let it happen. There is a lot of money involved in the hunting economy. If there is any doubt, go ask the residents of Chetwynd how much money hunting brings into that community. Yes, oil, gas and coal are big (huge) there too but you just have to look at all the trucks, trailers with ATV's, in the gas station, hotel partking lots and at the grocery store to know there is a real impact there and in other communities across BC. Spell it out to the politicians. Healthy wildlife is healthy hunting and good money into our communities. We should also be opening and encouraging a productive dialogue with First Nations about hunting towards an effective understanding and balancing of each other's interests.

Spy
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Get involved. At least join the BCWF and let the people there know your thoughts and concerns. Hunting issues will be marginalized only if we let it happen. There is a lot of money involved in the hunting economy. If there is any doubt, go ask the residents of Chetwynd how much money hunting brings into that community. Yes, oil, gas and coal are big (huge) there too but you just have to look at all the trucks, trailers with ATV's, in the gas station, hotel partking lots and at the grovery store to know there is a real impact there and in other communities across BC. Spell it out to the politicians. Healthy wildlife is healthy hunting and good money into our communities. We should also be opening and encouraging a productive dialogue with First Nations about hunting towards an effective understanding and balancing of each other's interests.
Right on the money ! Ask the motel owner,gas station liquor store resturants in Williams lake if they miss the $1500 we used to give them! Before they changed the season in region 5 !

curt
11-23-2012, 11:46 AM
I thought the same as what you stated about no moose being present back in the day of spear chucking and bows and arrows, but again this according to the CO has also been challenged and won because " it would be reasonable to assume that if the moose, elk, bison WT whatever moved into their tradiional hunting grounds that they would have in fact starting harvesting these animals" !?!?!? challenged and won I'm sorry to say!!:(

Actually the way to remove over harvesting is to remove BS 'rights' to blindly kill whatever they want by FN groups based on 'tradition' especially based on the historical fact that moose didn't even exist in the southern regions until the British came and started logging providing favourable moose habit for them to move into. Until we put the ANIMALS first and quick pandering to groups WE the people that PAY for everything are going to lose out on OUR rights to hunt. FN are people like you and me and until the government realizes that we are all screwed. Natural resources is just the tip of iceberg with that whole issue.

curt
11-23-2012, 11:49 AM
i dont disagree but what your not getting is if there is any season LEH or otherwise then currently our spineless government says FN get 1st priority ITS OPEN SEASON!! :(

-Maybe they should try:

curt
11-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Beleive what you want I dont make this shit up guy why the F*** would I just passing along what we chatted about like I said super down to earth guy just like me and you loves to hunt himself feels very frustrated about all the games played and his lack of ability to use the law and help fight it!! I get it very much, Im in law enforcement myself the rights given to people are often our biggest stumbling block thanks to previous spineless governments. We brought this on ourselves by letting cowards run our country.

Wild one
11-23-2012, 09:38 PM
All I have to say is when it comes to hunting, fishing, trapping, and FN the gov has there head buried in there a$$

BC has piss poor management of it's wildlife on so many levels

untilthelastbeat
11-23-2012, 10:30 PM
was the CO a young guy named eric?

The Dude
11-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Eric the half a bee?