PDA

View Full Version : Hi Mountain cures

lip_ripper00
11-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Just smoked and processed 20lb of moose/pork pepper and garlic summer sausage mix in 3" casings I must say I am impressed. I wanted to make sure my smoker was getting up to temp, worked flawlessly. Pepperoni and kolbasa happening next week Mmmmmmmm!!

Ovis17
11-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I use the original for making jerky. Good stuff!

Mauser98
11-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Just smoked and processed 20lb of moose/pork pepper and garlic summer sausage mix in 3" casings I must say I am impressed. I wanted to make sure my smoker was getting up to temp, worked flawlessly. Pepperoni and kolbasa happening next week Mmmmmmmm!!

I've used the HM regular and jalapeno SA mix with good results. My favorite so far is their regular mix with 1 tps per pound each of crushed red peppers and garlic powder. My next batch will be using their pepper and garlic mix with elk meat.

What was your ratio of moose meat to fat?

Salmon Belly
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
I have my first batch of elk jerky mixed and sitting overnight before it goes in the oven tomorrow -- no smoker, yet... Hi Mountain Mesquite. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out with the 2lbs pot roast I sliced up.

Got inspired by these guys (hunting videos riddled with jerky breaks, pretty funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY5tewg23-M

SB

r106
01-06-2013, 10:49 PM
I'm on my third batch of jerky using the cracked pepper and garlic blend.

Philcott
01-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Made the summer sausage a while back. Good tasting stuff.

Bear Chaser
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Mixed up some Maple sausage mix with ground beef and made hamburger patties Christmas morning.
Tasted great except I let the pan get too hot and smoked the house up. Not very good opening both house doors when it's pushing -30.