PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Stone Sheep Success - Video

WKCotts
11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Had a chance to put together a video/slideshow from my Stone Sheep hunt this past September. Hope you guys enjoy the pics. It was an amazing hunt.

http://youtu.be/MNwI7GrcaPU

Eric

Moose29
11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Good job Eric.

kennyj
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Awesome trip! Thanks for sharing your success.
kenny

604redneck
11-21-2012, 08:46 PM
great video and congrats on the beauty ram!

yama49
11-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Awesome video, thx for sharing.. congrats on your Ram..

RiverOtter
11-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Nicely done, and congrats on a fine sheep...

BiG Boar
11-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Man what a hunt. First ram and a great one well past full curl! Why would you want another one!?!!

With your dad being there, I couldn't even imagine my father participating in something like that! The day that my dad goes on a trip like that with me is the day I'll start appriciating family again.....

WKCotts
11-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Man what a hunt. First ram and a great one well past full curl! Why would you want another one!?!!

With your dad being there, I couldn't even imagine my father participating in something like that! The day that my dad goes on a trip like that with me is the day I'll start appriciating family again.....

Thanx Dave. It was pretty special, I've been hunting and in the bush with him since I could walk. He took rams in the early 80's and hadn't been back since. 62 years old and he was running up and down those mountains, unbelievable. Going in next year to get my bro a ram and I will definitely do my best to get another and hopefully the big grizz that gave me the slip this year.

PS When do we get to see The 2012 Adventures of Big Boar?? lol

WKCotts
11-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanx guys. I appreciate all the comments. If you haven't been sheep hunting I HIGHLY recommend it... be careful though, its addicting

moose2
11-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Great slide show and congratulations on the ram. How did you like the jet boil, I was amazed with mine. It boils 2 cups of freezing cold water in around the 1 minute mark, best stove I have ever used in the mountains. Thanks for posting the great pictures and good background music.
Mike

Kody94
11-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Great time, great memories with your Pa and a great ram. Congrats!

deer nut
11-21-2012, 11:04 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!! No doubt about that ram being full curl! Congrats! .....and to share it with your Dad - very special.

gameslayer
11-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Congrats thanks for sharing great hunt like the presentationand music. Especially hunting in the mountains with your Dad that is cool lucky guy.

ianwuzhere
11-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Awesome, looks like great time, fishing and hunting. Love seeing the caribou whenever im out as well, looked like a good caribou area.
Congrats on some wicked memories!

kennyg826
11-21-2012, 11:26 PM
What a stellar ram! Congrats to both you and your dad, I imagine that's no easy task. Never done it, would love to do it. Thanks for sharing with us.

Freshtracks
11-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Congrats WKC on a great 1st ram. Missed grizz? Would have liked that story. Great video and priceless hunt with the ol man. Stuff I'll never achieve but get to live through you. Thnx.

hunter1947
11-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Very nice ram you got ,,congrats,,thanks for sharing..

rifleman
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
great pictures. Sure is a nice lookin ram. good choice of music.

ydouask
11-22-2012, 09:27 AM
Thank you for your great presentation, brings back lots of memories.

trigger
11-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey,
Congrats on a beauty ram. Awesome pictures. thanks for sharing.
hey i have a question though.

You used a few songs to go along with your slideshow. Have you gotten any flack from the youtube guys on copyright infringement?

The reason im asking is they took my sheep video down becaus ethey said i was infringing copyright some BS blah blah.
but in reality there is only one song that played the entire length with out fading in or out and actually has a bit of back ground noise from the plane. I listen to your video and its just like listening to a playlist.

I dont mean to hijack the thread, im simply wondering if you jumped through some loop holes that i dont know about.

thanks again for sharing man.
cheers

Hombre
11-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Amazing hunt is right.Congrats on a great ram, and to share the adventure with your dad is icing on the cake.

craigo
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
That is just awesome. Thanks for putting us in your shoes!!1

srupp
11-22-2012, 11:04 AM
pretty awesome no matter which way you slice it..WELL DONE INDEED...

just curious did you run into 2 cariboo hunters there also??

thanks for sahring

steven

WKCotts
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Mike - the Jetboil is amazing! I love that thing.

Trigger - have yet to catch slack from YouTube. Hopefully it never becomes an issue.

Steven - the only other guys we ran in to were hunting sheep, a couple of guys from Houston. There was another camp in there though.

MacMtnHunter
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey Right on, Congrats on the ram, too bad you couldn't have got your old man one as well. Hopefully he can make it back out for another hunt next year. Nice even curl on that ram. Looks like some unreal contry you got into. Who did you fly with? Was all your gear or was that an outfitters set-up? Sweet video too!

WKCotts
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanx. Yea would have been nice to get him one as well. Weather didn't cooperate after I got my ram though. We flew in with Dave who is contracted thru Yukon Air out of Dease Lake. All gear was ours.

BCrams
11-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Great slide show!! Thoroughly enjoyed your hunt replay with your Dad!!

Plan it and do it! Get him into the great wilds of Northern BC if even to kick back and enjoy coffee everyday, a fire outside a wall tent with some great mountain scenery and a bit of fishing with no pressure to take anything. Good times and you'll be happy to have done it.

Call of the Wild
11-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Great stuff, seeing your video makes me with I was still on a mountain side. Thanks for sharing

d6dan
11-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Well done WKC. Congrats on a successful trip and good Ram..Fishing looks good.:-D

BChunter
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Looks like a fabulous hunt and like all full curl stones,,, awsome! My son shot a ram a few years ago with me and It's a memory I cherish! Looks like you took in a good camp too. Was that "poopy-pants" Bruce Mcnaughty the pilot? We flew with him and first impression was not a good one!

Duk Dog
11-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Congrats, enjoyed the pictures/video as well.