PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to cash in on my LEH tags!

Scouter Bear
11-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Hi everyone!

Well hopefully third time is a charm. I am heading back up to 3-13 again this weekend with my daughter and son to see if we can cash in our LEH tags on a couple of does.

This year my daughter had taken her CORE course and we put in an LEH for doe. Well we got the tags and was my daughter so happy. In the summer was her 16th birthday and she told her mother that since she got an LEH tag for doe, all she wanted for her 16th birthday was her own rifle. I thought it was great that she wanted to go hunting so I bought her a nice 30-30 for her birthday.

The area that we have been going hunting the last couple of weekends has seen a lot of clearing of trees and some machines working up in the area. We did see a few bucks but were not able to take them as they were not 4 points. We did get a couple of hares and a few grouse but we haven't seen any does yet. Well we might have to look at a few new area's in the 3-13 section to try and get her her first deer. If we get one I will try and post the pictures or at least I will let you know if we get her first doe.

twinpeaks3
11-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Good luck and enjoy your hunt with your kids and yes post pics.

Philcott
11-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Have a great trip. Check the slashes from first light till at least noon. They should be in there somewhere.

fearnodeer
11-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Best of luck to you. Enjoy the time spent with your daughter.

Mulehahn
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Hope she connects. Keep trying and best of luck.