PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Birdseye

knockturnal
11-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Anyone use this? Just looking for someone with first hand experience.

Vader
11-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Pay for the subscription, (yearly). Download the area you are going to be hunting in. Satellite is supposed to be better quality than Google earth. From what I've seen I'll keep my Iphone and use the etrex Hcx as topo and tracks/waypoints. Can't justify the cost of a new unit and the subscription.

Grizzlydick
11-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I found it to be a pain in the ass downloading to my garmin. The area was small as well, uses lots of data. If you finished with one area and headed to another you needed to clear the first area and download the second. This requires your computor, so if you were in the bush with no internet, no go. Had to give it a try, will i do it again, no.
One other thing too is if the area you are looking at is not in HD then it is a total waste of time.
It is pretty cool though the technology, seeing the area etc. with road names as well.

Ry151
11-21-2012, 01:26 AM
It's a pain to download and takes for ever because you can only download small areas at a time. It slows your GPS down when scrolling and the resolution is not vary good but it is pretty cool and definitely helps when hunting. Roads lakes etc are easier to find. It's worth the $30 I'd your willing to put the time in to download it. Once you download it its yours after the year but if you want to download more you have to pay again so download all the data you want in the first year.