PDA

View Full Version : Rut Tactics

bigmuley
11-19-2012, 09:18 PM
New to hunting muleys. Just a couple questions if anyone could give me some adivce. Have been seeing plus 40 does a day, and been seeing bucks but all big twos or threes. And those bucks are all hard after does. There is some high country but when we got some snow there wasn't much tracks of big groups of deer. Could the big ones be coming down at night and leaving during the day? Why am i not seeing big bucks i saw them in early season? Ive hiked every inch of this country too and there are rubs and sign everywhere!

.300WSMImpact!
11-19-2012, 09:24 PM
hang out on the rub lines, hot does will come to the rub line in search of the dominate buck in the area, the buck will not be far

bigmuley
11-19-2012, 09:26 PM
thats the thing though the rubs are everywhere!

kennyg826
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
hang out on the rub lines, hot does will come to the rub line in search of the dominate buck in the area, the buck will not be far

X 2. Sit and be patient. Pay close attention to your wind!

bigmuley
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
There a quite a large gullley too with a creek bed at the bottom good place?

.300WSMImpact!
11-19-2012, 09:29 PM
you will see the travel lines going from rub to rub, the importance when you are waiting is wind and silence

pantsandbelt
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Sit and wait on the edge of the rub lines he will come by dont worry be patient and its the rut they move all the time even during the rut :-D

Sofa King
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
pm me where it is.
i'll go have a look and let you know.:wink:

Bud
11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
if you are in an area that has lots of pressure and some really high country they might still be way up high. there isn't enough snow yet that I have heard to push those big boys down. usually takes it to be up around their belly, and if there are still does up high then they have no reason to come down. Also if there is a lot of pressure they could be nocturnal as well, they don't get big by being stupid