PDA

View Full Version : Attention PG hunters...

11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
My son's little friend had a birthday party on the weekend and we learned that the little fellow - who turned 6 - has some sort of negative reaction to pork and beef. The only red meat that seems to be fine for him is venison and moose. Unfortunately his father doesn't hunt, nor does anyone else in the family. Their neighbour does, and every once in awhile he gives them a bunch of meat. This year the neighbour's hunts were unsuccessful and they have been out of game for awhile.

So, I am asking if any of you have some extra game kicking around in the freezer that you would like to donate to this family. I (or more realistically my wife) can pass it along for you or make some other arrangements if you wish.

Thanks.

The Dawg
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
How much do you need?

Drillbit
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
What about freshly deboned deer meat?

11-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Whatever you guys have as extra. PM me - I'll pm the two above - and I can give you my phone number and info.

I'll post up if the generosity is over-flowing!

Thanks.

11-19-2012, 09:56 PM
A big thank you to everyone who pm'd me, and for the hind 1/4 that I picked up earlier! Your generosity is fantastic. My wife just talked to the mother of the boy and with what I picked up and what is still coming, there will be plenty of meat for them.

My hat's off to you guys.

russm86
11-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Just on a side note, if game doesn't bother him it's not likely the meat itself from the domestic animals that bothers him but whatever crap they inject the animals with, ie steroids, antibiotics, hormones, etc., have they tried some true organic beef or pork? I know this is one of the reasons why I prefer game over anything else, all the unkown substances put into the meat, that and just the love of the outdoors and the "sport", for lack of a better term in mind at the moment, also I have actually started to detest domesticated meats, just don't seem to taste good anymore.

11-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Just on a side note, if game doesn't bother him it's not likely the meat itself from the domestic animals that bothers him but whatever crap they inject the animals with, ie steroids, antibiotics, hormones, etc., have they tried some true organic beef or pork? I know this is one of the reasons why I prefer game over anything else, all the unkown substances put into the meat, that and just the love of the outdoors and the "sport", for lack of a better term in mind at the moment, also I have actually started to detest domesticated meats, just don't seem to taste good anymore.

That is what the parents think. I don't know if they have tried organic meat. I also agree that game meat tastes much better and our whole family really enjoys it.

seatoskymiles
11-20-2012, 12:54 PM
looks like dad's going to have to start hunting, and that is not a bad thing