PDA

View Full Version : either sex or anterless difference?

olympia
11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
whats kadhjfikh asdkjfhshn l;asdkfhj

vortex hunter
11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Are you kidding me .........

steel_ram
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Without antlers only compared to anything. . . . . . pretty complicated.

scoutlt1
11-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Antlerless Animal
- means a member of
the deer family bearing no visible antlers. The
small skin or hair covered protuberances of
male fawns and calves do not constitute antlers

IT IS IN THE REGS!!!!!!!

arghhhhh........

Steeleco
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Wow the troops are restless. Remember folks there's no such thing as a stupid question. Granted, this seems pretty obvious to most of us, but there must be a reason the question has been asked.

Olympia, please expand on your question.

olympia
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Wow the troops are restless. Remember folks there's no such thing as a stupid question. Granted, this seems pretty obvious to most of us, but there must be a reason the question has been asked.

Olympia, please expand on your question.

in the regs for region2 there is timeframe that says antlerless and another time frame that reads either sex(im looking at bowen island) im just wondeing what that means, to me" antlerless" is taken as a buck that shed its antlers/not mature and" either sex" is as either sex can be harvested, i just wanted clarification as to how that should be interpreted. As usual some morons come onto here with smartass remarks and still dont answer the question so why even bother with any remark at all? id would rather be looked at as stupid by a bunch of smartass rednecks than get caught doing something im not supposed to do, but I guess thats when all the anti-native propaganda comes out

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Antlerless is a doe, fawn, buck with less than an inch of antler showing, buck that has shed its antlers. - no antlers showing is antlerless

Either sex means antlered or antlerless

r106
11-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Antlerless = no antlers
either sex = both male and female or Antlered + Antlerless

olympia
11-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Antlerless is a doe, fawn, buck with less than an inch of antler showing, buck that has shed its antlers. - no antlers showing is antlerless

Either sex means antlered or antlerless

ok thanks, so are you saying where the regs say "antlerless" i can harvest a doe, fawn or a buck with less than 1 inch of antler? and either sex means i can harvest doe or buck but no fawn?

they just seem mean almost the same thing to me thats all

r106
11-18-2012, 06:44 PM
in the regs for region2 there is timeframe that says antlerless and another time frame that reads either sex(im looking at bowen island) im just wondeing what that means, to me" antlerless" is taken as a buck that shed its antlers/not mature and" either sex" is as either sex can be harvested, i just wanted clarification as to how that should be interpreted. As usual some morons come onto here with smartass remarks and still dont answer the question so why even bother with any remark at all? id would rather be looked at as stupid by a bunch of smartass rednecks than get caught doing something im not supposed to do, but I guess thats when all the anti-native propaganda comes out

It gets frustrating when people don't take the time to read the hunting regulations. So don't come out here and call us " morons and rednecks " at least we can read at a grade 3 level :mrgreen: LOL

r106
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
ok thanks, so are you saying where the regs say "antlerless" i can harvest a doe, fawn or a buck with less than 1 inch of antler? and either sex means i can harvest doe or buck but no fawn?

they just seem mean almost the same thing to me thats all

No it doesn't mean almost the same thing

Either sex means if it's a deer its legal

Antlerless means No Antlers

The difference between the two would be, In a antlerless season you can't harvest a buck

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 06:51 PM
No it doesn't mean almost the same thing

Either sex means if it's a deer its legal

Antlerless means No Antlers

The difference between the two would be, In a antlerless season you can't harvest a buck

Exactly. Either sex is if its a deer, its dead.

Antlerless means no bone on the head its dead.

olympia
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
so in antlerless season you can shoot a doe as well since they have no antlers and male deer with less than an inch of bone?

hunter1993ap
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
so in antlerless season you can shoot a doe as well since they have no antlers and male deer with less than an inch of bone?

might want to stop while your ahead, dont shoot a buck in an antlerless season, its not the point of antlerless!

pickle88
11-18-2012, 07:32 PM
i cant help but to make a post.
give the guy a break.
he askes a simple question,its not hard to give a simple answer.
you wonder why theres guys that just surf and dont post

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 07:42 PM
might want to stop while your ahead, dont shoot a buck in an antlerless season, its not the point of antlerless!

If the buck has no antlers, its legal.

olympia
11-18-2012, 07:43 PM
this question has been asked already back in 2010 and the question was answered promptly, but thanks everyone

hunter1993ap
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
If the buck has no antlers, its legal.

legal but still not what is meant by antlerless.

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
What is meant by antlerless to you then?

If they wanted female only, wouldnt they say that?

goatdancer
11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
legal but still not what is meant by antlerless.

I hope you're kidding. Please read all the posts and you will understand, I hope.

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
I hope you're kidding. Please read all the posts and you will understand, I hope.

Doubtful.

Seems like someone who would argue the meaning behind a spike-fork moose too.

hunter1993ap
11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
What is meant by antlerless to you then?

If they wanted female only, wouldnt they say that?
females can also have antlers, it doesnt matter but if i saw a deer with 3/4 inch antlers i would not shoot it in an antlerless season. not really a big debate, if you want to shoot a imature buck in a anterless season go for it. i always assume antlerless is female but i have seen young bucks with little bumps, i guess i shouldnt assume things. just read scouts post for legal def...

olympia
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
i was a little confused, just take a look at the regs for mu 2-16(bowen island) you will see bucks sept1-dec15, antlerless nov.5-dec5 and then either sex jan1-jan14, i got thrown off because buck season overlaps with antlerless from nov.5-dec5 and then either sex start jan1-jan14 so i started to wonder why they didnt just call antlerless period either sex as well, i just started hunting less than a year ago so i thought id ask the board members, it seems there are people just as confused as moi

reach
11-18-2012, 08:30 PM
i was a little confused, just take a look at the regs for mu 2-16(bowen island) you will see bucks sept1-dec15, antlerless nov.5-dec5 and then either sex jan1-jan14, i got thrown off because buck season overlaps with antlerless from nov.5-dec5 and then either sex start jan1-jan14 so i started to wonder why they didnt just call antlerless period either sex as well, i just started hunting less than a year ago so i thought id ask the board members, it seems there are people just as confused as moi
There you go again, expecting the regulations to make sense :D I think you're right that they could just as well have called that overlap period "either sex."

"Either sex" is a lousy way for them to describe it, since "sex" is not 100% correlated with whether or not they have antlers. "Antlered or antlerless" would be better, at least more in line with the way they specify other seasons. But it's not ambiguous - "either sex" means any deer of that species.

As for "antlered" - NoahDawg, are you sure about that "less than an inch" bit? The definition of "antlered" just says "visible bony antlers". It doesn't say anything about legal points. Myself, I would not risk taking a button buck in antlerless season.

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 08:31 PM
There you go again, expecting the regulations to make sense :D I think you're right that they could just as well have called that overlap period "either sex."

"Either sex" is a lousy way for them to describe it, since "sex" has nothing to do with whether or not they have antlers. "Antlered or antlerless" would be better, at least more in line with the way they specify other seasons. But it's not ambiguous - "either sex" means any deer of that species.

As for "antlered" - NoahDawg, are you sure about that "less than an inch" bit? The definition of "antlered" just says "visible bony antlers". It doesn't say anything about legal points. Myself, I would not risk taking a button buck in antlerless season.

To be considered a legal tine, it has to be an inch long so less than that would be 'nothing'

landphil
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
You are really not expected to be able to determine the sex of an ungulate by anything other than the presence or lack of antlers. If you should happen to tip over a doe with antlers, or a buck without antlers, I would most certainly recommend leaving the head attached as proof. Don't read too much into it, its meant to be as simple as its written.
Oh, and your thread title had me thinking something else, if antlerless should happen to mean the opposite of horny.:mrgreen:

Ambush
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
he askes a simple question,its not hard to give a simple answer.
you wonder why theres guys that just surf and dont post

First post and spot on. It's also why some folks quit posting. Good thing there's not a maturity test to get a hunting licence. :-?

r106
11-18-2012, 08:48 PM
holly crap the regs are not hard to read. They even have there definition of antlerless in there. This is simple stuff guy's.

To the OP If you are confused it is better to ask than make a mistake in the field. But i am curious, who taught you your C.O.R.E.

olympia
11-18-2012, 08:52 PM
so what happens if a fellow deciphers the regs wrong and then gets busted by co( ie:shooting something your not supposed or mistaking 3 point for 4 point because you thought branch was antler) i highly doubt they would let you plead ignorance, my biggest fear is to do something wrong unknowingly and have your resident number revoked or whatever it is they do, i have very limited experience so im being extra extra cautious before i end up blasting something im not supposed to...hence the the original question

Ambush
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Olympia. You're not the loser here and no need to defend yourself. Hope you get your deer, whatever it is.

300H&H
11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
whats kadhjfikh asdkjfhshn l;asdkfhj

Are you drunk ? ;-)

Spy
11-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I was not confused until I read this thread! Ok maybe this is a stupid question but what does this mean,whats kadhjfikh asdkjfhshn l;asdkfhj ?????:confused::confused: Olympia you are going about this the right way,ask all the questions you need to & understand them before you go out hunting ! Far to many "hunters" out there that don't understand the regs and cant hit a target at a 100 yards ,these guys give us a bad name !
So ask as many questions as need be to understand ! For those of you who are to scared to ask stupid questions on the board you can PM me & I will try & help !
Good luck & I hope you connect good luck !
Spy:-D

Scouter Bear
11-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Your question is not as stupid as you may think it is. Yes the regs can be difficult to understand sometimes but just read them carefully and if you still have problems then ask. That is the only way you are going to be sure that you don't get into any problems. You could also call a CO for an answer.

Good luck in your hunt.

Scouter Bear

olympia
11-21-2012, 03:19 AM
the reason why there is jubberish at the beginning of the thread is i went back and edited my question and typed in random letters after erasing my original question because of the smartass remarks i was getting and went to bigshot bc and asked there, but thanks to the guys on here that were helpful

The Dude
11-21-2012, 03:20 AM
If there is no visible bone on the head, it's antlerless. Otherwise, the regs would say "Female only", in which case you would have to run up behind it, and lift it's tail.
Too many guys got kicked in the face, so they changed the rule. END of story.
Thx for watching :D

landphil
11-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Too many guys got kicked in the face

Ahh, that explains some of the jackassed posts going around.:twisted: Nothing like getting buck fever looking at the twig and berries and thinking nobody knows, and all of a sudden, BAM, a damn hoof in the face! Or so I would imagine.:mrgreen: