PDA

View Full Version : A couple pics from the weekend.

Dano
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Maddy's well into her 10th season, still doing a great job although she isn't so quick to exit the blind unless we drop something!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/maddyblind.jpg

Came across 2 site members on the way in saturday (WestCoastTodd and CRS), they had a good day too!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/chrisblind2.jpg

Dan

warnniklz
11-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Solid shooting... killer looking blind there.

Sasquatch
11-18-2012, 04:39 PM
She looks great for 10 years old Dano. Shows what good living and regular exercise can do. Hopefully, she'll be retrieving for you for a bunch more years to come.

longshot
11-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Love your pics as always! Good shootin,

Giovanni

Foxton Gundogs
11-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Great shoot nice pics

kennyg826
11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Very nice birds!

Sofa King
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
that's one happy-looking dag.

Tanya
11-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Great pics! Thanks for sharing, had to work this weekend :( with all this perfect waterfowling weather.

bogman
11-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Great looking pic Dan . You still hunting with "Old Dan"? If so tell him Tracey and Ed say hi.

nano
11-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Nice shooting Dan! Got to hunt over a dog this weekend for the first time and it was pritty cool.

Dano
11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Nano, sometimes the most memorable part of the day is an excellent retrieve made by the dog. There's been times the last few years where it was just me going out and I thought about maybe taking a day off but Maddy follows me around the house and hops and whines by the door if I go anywhere near the gun safe. She lives to retrieve and I have to go out some days just for her sake. A few weeks ago we limited out and when I got home she hopped out of the truck with her retrieving dummy in her mouth and I had to throw it a few times in the front yard to satisfy her.
Maddy is slowing down though, on the second day of a weekend this season, she watched Buck's dog make a few retrieves while she stood and wined in the blind with just her head looking out of the blind door. I'm glad she isn't pushing it.
Still trying to persuade my wife to let me get another dog now, she really doesn't want me to get another one because of the hair in the house (yeah, I know I could leave the dog outside but I like having a dog around in the house........ and yeah, I know, I could get another wife but I've had this one for 35 years :) ).
Thanks for the comments guys.
Dan

heyblast
11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
More great photos as always Dano. You could look at what I've got haha.

field marshal
11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Great account of your hunt as always,Dano! Our lab also lives in the house. Wouldn't have it any other way!
Continued good luck to you guys? This is turning into an exceptional year for us Cowichan guys!!:-D----Cheers---Field Marshal.

pnbrock
11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
x3 lab in the house they are very much part of family,having said only on hardwood which is swept 5 times a day!great pics btw.

blindman
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I know that if I demanded that my dog lived in the house, I would be taking his place in the kennel. That would be the result of "Being in the dog-house" with my wife.

Great photos Dan

Roy Weatherby
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
good looking spread of fowl :D

WestCoastTodd
11-25-2012, 08:18 PM
That was a great day - CRS pulled that goose out of a group of four with just calls (we only had duck decoys out). Nice heavy bird. Those ducks were tasty too. One of the green heads had as much fat on it as a farmed duck - duck fat potatoes!

Amazing that Maddy's older than 10 - she was moving out there like she was 3.

mklaver
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Maddy is an awesome dog and watching her gives me something to strive for with my Golden, "Lola" - maybe we'll get there......

Cheers,

Michaek

Dano
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Maddy is an awesome dog and watching her gives me something to strive for with my Golden, "Lola" - maybe we'll get there......

Cheers,

Michaek

It was a soggy day when Michael joined us out there and the birds didn't co-operate much. We did shoot well and Maddy definately did her part!
Here's a picture:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/mklaver.jpg

(Don't pay any attn to that part on the roof.......:-D )

Here's a picture from the weekend, pretty slow out there saturday, way too much water out there. I hope they get that drainage system operating out there before the end of the season.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Canso_Dan/maddyat10.jpg

Dan

Foxton Gundogs
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Nano, sometimes the most memorable part of the day is an excellent retrieve made by the dog. There's been times the last few years where it was just me going out and I thought about maybe taking a day off but Maddy follows me around the house and hops and whines by the door if I go anywhere near the gun safe. She lives to retrieve and I have to go out some days just for her sake. A few weeks ago we limited out and when I got home she hopped out of the truck with her retrieving dummy in her mouth and I had to throw it a few times in the front yard to satisfy her.
Maddy is slowing down though, on the second day of a weekend this season, she watched Buck's dog make a few retrieves while she stood and wined in the blind with just her head looking out of the blind door. I'm glad she isn't pushing it.
Still trying to persuade my wife to let me get another dog now, she really doesn't want me to get another one because of the hair in the house (yeah, I know I could leave the dog outside but I like having a dog around in the house........ and yeah, I know, I could get another wife but I've had this one for 35 years :) ).
Thanks for the comments guys.
Dan

Boy do you ever have that one right:-D

wicket
12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
beautiful dog ....i had a maddy once life long friends for sure. Not only do we share a dog name but I see you have the worlds best shotgun in your hands:-D much to my wifes dismay I have 6 and counting. great pics as well. nice to see all the smiles