PDA

View Full Version : PG whitetail population?

kwasky
11-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys. Im new to PG and am just wondering how the whitetail population is around here? I know theres lots of moose and decent muley hunting but am not sure about whitetails. Worth buying a tag? Thanks

Krico
11-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Yes worth buying a tag, especially considering they're only $15. Numbers are nothing like the Kootenays or Peace, but there are whities around and some real dandy bucks.

The Dawg
11-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Yup. See them every year

pantsandbelt
11-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Yes it is there has been a decline in population due to heavy winters but YES it is still worth buying a tag the whities are there just got to hunt hard :)

junkyard_g
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
see more and more every year. mostly close to agriculture and bigger rivers. but every know and again i bump them in the backcountry in ground i would never expect to see em. seen a couple in mu7-6 this year first time in many a year of hunting. try the salmon, willow, nechako, stuart, and bowron rivers or anywhere tight to agricultural land. often see them in conjunction with large areas of aspen as well.

Jesse_01
11-24-2012, 09:06 PM
I have yet to find any whitetails. Might try vanderhoof area next. Only seen muleys when i was in 7-6

junkyard_g
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
this year was the first time since i was 12 that i seen them there. just saying they're expanding their range

Jesse_01
11-26-2012, 02:59 PM
this year was the first time since i was 12 that i seen them there. just saying they're expanding their range I was thinking 7-5, my bad. Only place i would think would be right along the river on the west boarder of 7-6? 7-6 is weird because there is lots of hills and mtns. I thought whitetail tend to stay towards the lower rivers with field's and what not? This is my 1st year hunting whitetail so forgive me lol.

warnniklz
11-26-2012, 10:33 PM
any around the blackwater area?

moosinaround
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
any around the blackwater area?
Yup!!! seen them all over the Tako, and TFL Road! Actually had a whitetail buck, and a mulie standing side by side down by the Blackwater River! Moosin

warnniklz
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Yup!!! seen them all over the Tako, and TFL Road! Actually had a whitetail buck, and a mulie standing side by side down by the Blackwater River! Moosin

Thanks mr. moosin... been a few years since I've been back there. Was there way too early for a spring bear hunt one year. Hoping maybe I can get out late friday for a crack at one.

Jesse_01
11-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks mr. moosin... been a few years since I've been back there. Was there way too early for a spring bear hunt one year. Hoping maybe I can get out late friday for a crack at one.
I should give you my number in case you see 2 nice bucks haha. I am taking friday off from work. There are plenty of other days to work in a year, last day of hunting season with a empty tag isn't one.

I am tore between sticking around west of pg, vanderhoof, or mcbride.

moosinaround
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
I should give you my number in case you see 2 nice bucks haha. I am taking friday off from work. There are plenty of other days to work in a year, last day of hunting season with a empty tag isn't one.

I am tore between sticking around west of pg, vanderhoof, or mcbride.
The hoof north side of the river, that's where I would go.