PDA

View Full Version : Upland Game hunting around Kelwona , Vernon , Kamloops

aanderson
11-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I am going to be in The kelowna , kamloops, and vernon areas this week are there any good places to hunt upland birds around those areas

Bc Deer Hunter
11-17-2012, 09:39 PM
id help ya if i could, im in the same boat as you, not a clue on were to start! :confused:

s0ylentgreen
11-20-2012, 10:01 AM
hi guys
if your after grouse - ive seen and taken quite a few on keefer lake road, and east fsr's off of trinity valley road (10Kms or more)

Quantafer
11-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Grouse are pretty hard to come by this time of year. Atleast in my experience.

BCKyle
11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
I saw a bunch of grouse earlier this season up the noble canyon road (between lavington and Lumby) from the power lines onward... That was in early October though. So they might have moved down. I could air rifle the crap out of pheasants of my uncle's porch almost any morning... Don't even know if pheasants are legal or what, I gotta reread that section of the regs.
good luck... Love eating grouse!

Steelpulse
11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
looking for grouse and rabbits up long lake road (kamloops) is good, get off the road in the bush track them down, grouse are surprisingly fun to track as well as rabbits which are abundant up there, go slow the rabbits will slowly hop away from right under your feet (seriously right under your feet) and you wont even notice them good luck