PDA

View Full Version : Skagit Snow Line??

longrifle
11-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey folks,

I was just wondering if anyone has been up the skagit in the last couple of days, and if so, how far down is the snowline? Thanks in advance!

'rifle

recoil
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Have been up that way twice in the last week no snow at all down low. I would say 800-900m+ to find any accumulation at all. Snowline expected to reach 1200m according to the weather channel. Deer are still up high i assuming as we saw nothing and very little sign down low by the river and we looked pretty hard.

sarg
11-17-2012, 10:11 PM
there isn't a snow line in there yet, it was just pissing in there today

keoke
11-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Last year this time there was 8" on the valley floor, I blame David Suzuki and global warming.

heatherdaddy
11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I was also in there yesterday and it was raining off and on all day. No sign of anything in there own by the river. The only thing I saw was the ass end of deer disappearing in the bushes as I rounded a corner to a clearing on Maselpanik creek lower road. I saw some sign of just about everything in the Chittenden Meadows, but saw nothing. The snow line was up pretty high. I think the deer are still up realy high.

longrifle
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the info folks! Hopefully the weather will cool off up there and some precip will fall in the form of snow SOON!

'rifle