PDA

View Full Version : 3-32 doe draw

burger
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Taking the son(6) out next weekend to try and fill my doe draw up in region 3-32. I am staying in goldbridge and wondered if anone has been out that way and where you have been seeing deer. I can go to some spots if seen in the past but any info helps.

Also does anyone know the status or how I can find out the status of the Hurley main FSR?

Cant wait to go with my son as it will be his first trip. He seems relly keen to come along and I have tried to explain as well as you can to a 6 year old that he might be seeing dad field dress a deer and he seems to be up to the challenge...I guess we will see. HAHA

kennyg826
11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Not sure about that area but good luck anyhow! Hope your son has a blast :)

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 02:52 PM
5 mile ridge...rd starts about10 km along carpenter lk back towards lillooet ..good spot may even tag a nice buck ..hunt the big firs few km up .or go down to the 78km and take that rd above the lk .

gathto
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Have hunted the area for over twenty five years. PM me, will be glad to help.

Rob Chipman
11-17-2012, 05:19 PM
I was up West Pavillion/Big Bar Ferry road in 3-32. Almost got a doe right between the headlights at about 30 km per hour! Saw several does over the weekend. You can probably find one there, but that's about 100 km past Lillooet. Had a 7 year old with us. I asked him if he wanted to see what the inside of a deer or moose looked like and he said "Yeah, kinda". His old man had explained the whole web of life thing, so he knew we were trying to kill stuff to eat it, but I was happy to hear that he was more than willing to see how animals work on the inside. We had a blast walking the woods, looking at tracks, poop and beds. What he couldn't wrap his head around was why we could only shoot bucks, and not does!

turbochabot
11-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Was up at Gun Lake last week, saw quite a few does in 3-32. 5 mile ridge is a good bet but saw most deer closer to Goldbridge. Saw does on Zola Mtn. daily and also ran into a bunch by the dump a couple of times. Hurley was fine on Monday but if it gets much more snow at the top it could get interesting. Good luck.