PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With a Pack!!!!

Vinny
11-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I have done alot of research and spent a fair chunk of change trying out packs for multiday and single day trips. I currently have a Blacks Creek Canadian that I have passed on to my son but still use once in awhile because of how light it is. I also have an Eberlestock Dragonfly with Super Spike Duffel and rainfly that I use on a regular basis. Great pack but heavy and I have found that a nice external frame pack fitted properly works better packing out meat. I also have a Badlands Ox that is my favourite for packing game and is lighter than the Dragonfly but I bought without the bag because I wasn't a fan of the design of the bag. Now comes the part I am looking for help on, I want a bag for my Ox that is multiday capable, has a way of attaching a bow and/or gun, is light, quiet, and durable. I have looked seriously at the bag from Redhead(went to Bass Pro Calgary and checked it out) that is attached to their plastic framed Spike Camp back pack. This bag has the size and versatility but is not great quality, a bag similar to this that is better quality is what I am looking for. Anyone with ideas? Suggestions? Anyone done anything similar?:confused:

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Im real interested in looking at a Tenzig 2220 . i like the looks of it .. sounds like a great day pack .

The Hermit
11-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Tenzig 2220 will run you $250+ HST at www.VantagePoint-Outfitters.com (Special Order)

lorneparker1
11-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Honestly, Buy a duplex timberline from Kifaru and depending on what size you want by a 1,2,3. Save youself years of agony and countless $$$ upgrading. Spend the money and buy the best and you will never by another pack again.

Lorne

knockturnal
11-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Get a badlands sacrifice. It weighs next to nothing and you can strap it to the ox frame. There's been a bunch of guys going that route.