PDA

View Full Version : Tipi tent reveiw

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 11:05 AM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/05muleycrazy/011-22.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x158/05muleycrazy/008-16.jpg

all in all i was pleased as punch -16 for temps
30 min set up time 10 minutes to take down and put away.stove worked great but could be bigger for late season
had to reload every 3 hrs
slept six but was crammed like sardines .4 would be max next outing.:-D.

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
would be good for 3 people ..cots on the outside and could put a few chairs to sit beside the stove and drink hot rums..

BimmerBob
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
You might be able to get longer burn times by putting a damper in the flue... Oooops, just saw that you have one already, missed it the first time looking at the pic.

Nice set up!

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 12:01 PM
You might be able to get longer burn times by putting a damper in the flue... Oooops, just saw that you have one already, missed it the first time looking at the pic.

Nice set up! just 2 small a stove for the temperatures ..had to open it up a bit to keep it comfortable inside .

ruger#1
11-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Nice set up Glen. Our stove is 28" long. We throw 24" long wood in it. Works great. Can not see the door. Can you control the air without opening the door?

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice set up Glen. Our stove is 28" long. We throw 24" long wood in it. Works great. Can not see the door. Can you control the air without opening the door? Mark it has a vent on the door as well..kept it open a crack and the flue damper open a bit and that kept it comfortable at that temp..

ruger#1
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
After a week and a half burning that beetle pine, Our chimney was all sooted up. To almost a chimney fire. Dad is looking for another stove. this one is rusting out. Give me a few minutes and I will post what the stove looks like in my gallery. Mark

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
After a week and a half burning that beetle pine, Our chimney was all sooted up. To almost a chimney fire. Dad is looking for another stove. this one is rusting out. Give me a few minutes and I will post what the stove looks like in my gallery. Mark i had problems with my spark arrester up top plugging up too ...theres another story all in itself lol i ended up taking it off it was a pain in the ass .

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 12:51 PM
i used it in the summer months and without the stove there was a lot of condensation build up on the inner walls ..with the stove none .

Whonnock Boy
11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Just a thought. Maybe try positioning the damper so it is a couple pipes up. Could give you a few more btu's from the pipe itself.

As far as the spark arrester, we tried one once. Had problems with it as well, and it did not seem to make a difference when we removed it. Have not used one since. No holes in the tent to speak of. Just in case though, a role of duct tape is always at hand for a quick fix.

ruger#1
11-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Is it made out of canvas? See if you can find one of those solar powered fans for the top to get the air to ciculate a bit more. Or leave the door open a bit. Or stop bringing your girl friend. Ha Ha. Good call WB. our damper is also two feet above the stove, It gets red hot. Picture are in my gallery.

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Just a thought. Maybe try positioning the damper so it is a couple pipes up. Could give you a few more btu's from the pipe itself.

As far as the spark arrester, we tried one once. Had problems with it as well, and it did not seem to make a difference when we removed it. Have not used one since. No holes in the tent to speak of. Just in case though, a role of duct tape is always at hand for a quick fix.
i got a roll of camo tape lol...i had it set up in the yard sitting inside and my f$#@ing cat decides to jump half way up it on the outside and poked a bunch of small holes in it ..little bastid...

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Is it made out of canvas? See if you can find one of those solar powered fans for the top to get the air to ciculate a bit more. Or leave the door open a bit. Or stop bringing your girl friend. Ha Ha. Good call WB. our damper is also two feet above the stove, It gets red hot. Picture are in my gallery. haha..no women on my hunts thank you very much..:mrgreen: its made of
Made of 185T rip-stop aluminum coated polyester, fire resistant with a waterproofing to 3000mm.

vortex hunter
11-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Frenchbar thats a really cool looking tent .... were would a man in the lower mainland find one ?

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Frenchbar thats a really cool looking tent .... were would a man in the lower mainland find one ? go to tipi tent .com .they ship them from heffley crk BC..only took a few days to get to me ..they are fairly pricey but well worth it for my style of hunting .

358mag
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
i used it in the summer months and without the stove there was a lot of condensation build up on the inner walls ..with the stove none .
You use a liner in your tipi to cut down on condensation ?

frenchbar
11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
You use a liner in your tipi to cut down on condensation ? no ..no liner or floor .

358mag
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=frenchbar;1237709]no ..no liner or floor .[/QUOTE
Thanks have 4man tipi with stove no problems with condensation unit it snows or has heavy rain then it gets a little humid + damp inside