PDA

View Full Version : Region 5 Rut

Cyrus
11-17-2012, 08:12 AM
I know there will be a ton of these posted in the next week or so but I will ask anyway....Heading up to Region 5 when it re-opens next weekend to try and get a buddy of mine a mule deer...and a 5 point whitetail I have trail cam shots of that has eluded me all season....Will the rut still be in full swing or slowing down? I hunted last weekend and saw lots of bucks but mostly of the small variety. A couple 3 pointers with necks very swelled and some bucks by themselves. If it is slowing down how do the bucks change there patterns or behaviours? The ones last week were stupid and only ran when the does did. There was also some does all by themselves...

doubleeagle
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Our exp. in going to MU 5 for the reopening of 4 pt on the 21 st. is that for 2-3 days theres animals then it drops of and you see nothing. But it could change...

Brian011
11-17-2012, 10:30 AM
it will still be in full swing, most of the big bucks i've got in region 5 have all been from nov 20-30 and it doesnt change yr to yr. got one on the 30th a couple yrs ago that was definitely still in full swing of the rut. i'm heading there myself next weekend to see if i can find a nice buck.