PDA

View Full Version : A simple Tenderloin...

firstlight
11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Tenderlion @ room temp, clean and wash with cold water.

Lightly coat in olive oil, dredge lightly in white flour.

Coat tenderlion in sea salt, cracked pepper & garlic powder.

Pour Corn oil into cast iron pan on high. When up to temp toss on tenderlion, a couple of minutes each side. Keep it moving...

Still pretty red in centre and it's done; let rest for a minute or two and then devour.

Blows away beef!

Rodd
11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I had WT tenderloins very similar for lunch today.... Only put them on Garlic toasted English muffins... (steak sandwiche style) They are without a doubt AMAZING!! Way way beyond any beef I've ate... Soo Darn good... Thanks for sharing your recipe...

firstlight
11-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey Rodd, I like the sandwich style! I'll keep that in mind. I had a hard time controlling my 4 yr old boy, he loved it; little wolf hound!

PS: Tenderloin was from a coastal blacktail butchered two days ago.

coach
11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a great recipe, firstlight. Thanks for the inspiration. I just happen to have a few mule deer tenderloins set aside from earlier this fall.

Rodd
11-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I've yet to take a blacktail(interior boy), but I only assume they are as good as a mulie.. Yummy.. My 11yr daughter loves her wild game too.. And its so good for them to boot.. THe WT doe tenderloin I had was taken a couple weeks back, and hung in the cooler for 6days.. Now to try the fresh mulie my buddy got last day.. Mmmm... Not even a hint of smell on him, as he was a young 4x3..

Stone Sheep Steve
11-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I prefer to remove the tenderloins as soon as the animal is hung. Problem is I keep forgetting and they get dried out more than I would like.

I need to go get some fresh ones and give them the suggested quick-fry!

SSS

coach
11-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I prefer to remove the tenderloins as soon as the animal is hung. Problem is I keep forgetting and they get dried out more than I would like.

I need to go get some fresh ones and give them the suggested quick-fry!

SSS

x2. Whether I take my animal to the butcher or do it myself I always pull the tenderloins as soon as the animal is hung up. No point letting them dry out.

ncurrie
11-16-2012, 04:52 PM
sounds very yummy!