PDA

View Full Version : Hwy 5A kamloops side Hunting spots, Roads ?

TylerMc44
11-15-2012, 07:17 PM
im in the kamloops area and was looking to take a look outside of kamloops on the 5A hwy. i was wondering since theres alot of private property out that way i was wondering some logging/hunting roads i could try out for a quick afternoon hunt. ? Thanks for any input guys.

Jelvis
11-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Beauty area along 5A, old road to Merrritt. lots of deer in them fields by the Roche Lake turnoff eh? Go down the Roche Lake road and go from there, to the left or right, as soon as you leave hwy 5a. Look left and right and choose. Or go straight down to the lake itself and around it.
Jel -- nice area in there all around well known for it's abundance of diverse wild life and Kamloops fighting trout.
Big game, birds, and fish.

TexasWalker
11-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Beauty area along 5A, old road to Merrritt. lots of deer in them fields by the Roche Lake turnoff eh? Go down the Roche Lake road and go from there, to the left or right, as soon as you leave hwy 5a. Look left and right and choose. Or go staight down to the lake itself and around it.
Jel -- nice area in there all around.

Thats all private land.
Its clearly posted.

Caveman
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Thats all private land.
Its clearly posted.

Willow Ranch

Caveman
11-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Take 5A to Long Lake Rd(knutsford] to Edith Lake, take the high rd at the south end of Edith, to Hull Lake and check out the FSR's along the slopes

Jelvis
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Behind Trapp Lake is some area to see some biggies.
-- try in behind the road on top of Knutsford go right up into that area by Edith and around the hills for a toad mule.
Jelly Hwy 5A is more than o.k. Roche, Trapp -- got eyes, look for deer, there out there -- close to Kammy -- double whammy

Jelvis
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
If you go in at Roche Lake road and turned south down behind Trapp Lake you come out at Stump Lake.
or turn up Horseshoe Lake. (Check Map) or go to Bleeker Lake and hunt ridges and hill tops.
Bleeker is where the second biggest cougarr ever killed in Kamloops area was taken by a hunter.
Cougar follow the deer herds and Bleeker Mtn was his domain.
Jelly ( Hunt like a ) Cougarrrrrrrrr MU 3-20

Sofa King
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
no deer anywhere along 5A.
i suggest tunkwa.

Jelvis
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Or pass Roche Lake turnoff and stay on Hwy 5A heading south on 5a to Stump lake turnoff, head up Frisken Creek behind the Stump Lake Ranch and as you get up to the ridge, a cattle gaurd says it's the boundary so now you can shoot.
your going towards Dardanelles Lake, as you drive along this way, which is a good area for moose and deer of both species.
When you turnoff Hwy 5Aand drive through the Stump Lake ranch you just drive and when you hit that cattle guard you can see whitetails or mules. Not far from Hwy 5A, a few Kms.
Jel -- Up a stump calling for game behind Stump Lake -- Wild life galore -- mooses and deer, grouse and bear -- 3-20
Up into Beaverhouse Lake just behind Dardanelles Lake is another option for leh moose and gos deer.

Sofa King
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM
tunkwa.
tunkwa.

swampdonkey
11-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Peterhope lake

Jelvis
11-15-2012, 10:18 PM
The Douglas Lake Road is the boundary for Mu 3-20 and Mu 3-12

bosca
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
If you go in at Roche Lake road and turned south down behind Trapp Lake you come out at Stump Lake.
or turn up Horseshoe Lake. (Check Map) or go to Bleeker Lake and hunt ridges and hill tops.
Bleeker is where the second biggest cougarr ever killed in Kamloops area was taken by a hunter.
Cougar follow the deer herds and Bleeker Mtn was his domain.
Jelly ( Hunt like a ) Cougarrrrrrrrr MU 3-20
jelvis...I think the area behind trapp that you are referring to is permit only...belongs to Frolek up to where you hit Stump lk property. Nice country though.

Sofa King
11-15-2012, 11:30 PM
jelvis...I think the area behind trapp that you are referring to is permit only...belongs to Frolek up to where you hit Stump lk property. Nice country though.

and stump lake ranch land goes a long ways as well.

TylerMc44
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys im definately gonna check em all out, appreciate the input. :)