PDA

View Full Version : Redemption Blacktail

~T-BONE~
11-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Well the last two weeks have been dedicated to these litle *******s. Its been eventful too, with two misses on back to back sat and seiing lots! The worst part was on the first day i was to go in i discovered i had an f'd up foggy scope which had me taking a backup that id borrowed.(Big mistake) Not only was i not used to the setup i had major buck fever lol... anyway two seperate saturdays, two misses, same gun! The second buck i missed was a brute probably in the 140 range (im pissed). so to the gun shop new scope and back out mon with my normal gun..

There was great anticipation and little sleep that night of waht would lay ahead in the mornin with the snow level dropping.. up at 330 and in xtra early seen me hiking in just before day break. hiking in there was less fresh sign than i had hoped and the snow was loud cracking with every step. Xtra caution and stealth was used and slid my wat through the steep old growth and open bluffs which brought out some doe sightings and small tracks as i dropped into the hole where id missed the 140 on sat.. the frozen gound and and wet snow was trecherous for me sliding out of control a few times getting banged up bruised pretty good not too mention the thunb nail im probably gonna lose now too lol... anyway,, in my hole no sightings or fresh sign... Bummed set up the trail cams and i pulled out to make the climb out and work the ridge out.. working my way out i was nearing the spot where i had misssed a great frammed buck the sat prior.. slipping along making sure i missed no spots on the way out i come across large tracks that looked to be a bit melted out. ONce on these tracks i soon concluded they were indeed fresh and continued on them.. 10 mins later I see an ass ahead of me and a face checkin its back trail.. gun up, face ,bases, frame!!!! Noiw im reliving my last two misses and am thinking no off hand shots.. The bucks getting antsy so i burp and neel down, no shot bushes.. shit!!! so i use use a big tree to hide me as i ease closer burping all the way until i get clear down on my knee , hes almost looking dead away ready to book it , i touch one off and manage to thread it home as he kicks and is on a death run! me in hot pursuit i see him go down!!! Wooo Hooo!!!Nice mature heavy 4x2 with both ears torn, thinking maybe on the down hill side.

so that ends my 5year drought on these *******s (as its been BIG or nothing), and dont be suprised if i come back with trail cam evidence or field pics of that 140 incher i still got lots of time and the heavy snows are yet to come :D

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/101_0733.jpg
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/101_0718_1_.jpg

Tikka270
11-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Crazy! Was this in the 'wack?
Nice mature buck!

BCHunterTV
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
nice BT man!

TheProvider
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Nice BT.... his left base looks alot thicker than the right but beauty bases

Gateholio
11-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Nice buck, congrats! :)

proguide66
11-14-2012, 07:53 AM
That's a great mature buck !! Good incentive to look at while I sit here in the timber waiting for seeing light ! Go get that 140"r !!!!

tomahawk
11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Great buck!

Dutch Ppoacher
11-14-2012, 08:05 AM
that melting snow is rediculus on the steep slops. i missed a nice one on sat as well and went to check if it had been hit, almost lost my life due to the steep terrain, frozen ground and snow! amazing how they have less of a problem in that sh*t

nice buck!

takla1
11-14-2012, 08:07 AM
congrates t-bone,nice head on that B-T and good size body!Did he have any doe's gathered up with him?

~T-BONE~
11-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Crazy! Was this in the 'wack?
Nice mature buck!
Yes sir!

congrates t-bone,nice head on that B-T and good size body!Did he have any doe's gathered up with him?
Not this time.. He was cruzin! Last sat I bumped him and took the quick off hand shot missed of course, he had a doe in tow with him.. Then after i took after him i doubled back snd bumped a tall weak tined three with a smaller 4x4, then ust ahead of them were three more does!All within a couple 100yrds...

Iltasyuko
11-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Nice BT congratulations!

HIGHRPM
11-14-2012, 08:59 AM
DAM SWEET, congrats !

rifleman
11-14-2012, 09:12 AM
heavy, dark, wide & tall... beauty buck...

BUCKJR
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Sweet Buck and congrats! At least someones seeing some deer this year and having some opportunities! More than i can say for myself.

mark
11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Nice heavy mature BT T.

Rackmastr
11-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Great buck!! Congrats!

rides bike to work
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna have to catch you having beers at kennys and hit you up for honey holes.every time my brother inlaw lubber goes there he says he talks to you but can never recall what was said,or how he got home ,or where half his clothes are, or why his knuckles are bloody.

srupp
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
hmm WELL DONE T-BONE...

of any guy on this website THIS GENTLEMAN knows his Blacktails and their areas..and how to get it done..and is absolutley keyed in on the BIG BOYZ...wopuldnt surprise me to see him grinning over an expired 140 plus black tail..

Thanks T-bone

cheers

Steven

~T-BONE~
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm gonna have to catch you having beers at kennys and hit you up for honey holes.every time my brother inlaw lubber goes there he says he talks to you but can never recall what was said,or how he got home ,or where half his clothes are, or why his knuckles are bloody.
Oh gawd!! Ya i dont see too much of my evil twin these days..Dwayne? Ill point u in the right direction.. butitll cost ya! lol..

hmm WELL DONE T-BONE...

of any guy on this website THIS GENTLEMAN knows his Blacktails and their areas..and how to get it done..and is absolutley keyed in on the BIG BOYZ...wopuldnt surprise me to see him grinning over an expired 140 plus black tail..

Thanks T-bone

cheers

Steven
Gee thanks steve. This little bt twitch has got me good!!! Im gonna try but im gonna need some luck too!

rides bike to work
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Ya it's me . Unfortunatly I have tagged out already.watching all these big bucks is driving me nuts so I'm out scouting for next year. I'd love to take my dad out for a big black tail as he only has got spikers locally so throw me a pm and I'll owe ya.

kennyg826
11-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Nice BT, TB!

~T-BONE~
11-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Heres a couple of shed one form this year and the other 4 years back. I believe this one belongs to the 140 ish buck i messed up on saturday!?

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/101_0736_001.jpg

This guys got 2-3 inches chewed off his G3 and probably at least an inch off his G2
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/101_0737_002.jpg

~T-BONE~
11-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Just an update.. Went in yesterday and to my luck screwed up another scope :s needless to say i was pissed! I could see through it but it left me feeling uneasy if a quick shot was neeeded. So after i got to my first cam i turned back to traded back that bunk scope. (Hope Zeiss teats me bettter?) BUT did manage to capture the 140's budddy that he was cruzin with when i missed last weekend!!! so headeedd back here shortly as i needed to catch up on some well deserved rest!

sorry pic kinda sucks but i forgot the xtra card and just took photos of the camera screen with the iphone..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0902_000_1_.jpg

pretty chunky! Gonna be a great up and comer
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0898_000.jpg

ElectricDyck
11-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Great BT! The one on the cam is a porker!

stanway
11-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Congrats T-Bone!

Sorry to hear about that scope, but I'm sure that Zeiss will help you get that 140'r.

Good luck!

James

takla1
11-18-2012, 12:27 PM
nice deer in the pic t-bone looks like the 4 pt i shot earlier in 2-8.ive got a zeiss diavardi fixed 6 power ive had on my weatherby for 30 yrs and they are guarenteed for life i believe.

~T-BONE~
11-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Snows dropped, lots of sign but nothing big.. Wind was the shits constantly changing bumped a few too and descided to back out. Im beat! Ohwell give her a week and back at it... Never made it into the the other drainage where my #2 cam is...

nice deer in the pic t-bone looks like the 4 pt i shot earlier in 2-8.ive got a zeiss diavardi fixed 6 power ive had on my weatherby for 30 yrs and they are guarenteed for life i believe.

I try to buy everything thats got a guarantee.. as i tend to break almost anything i touch lol..

kennyj
11-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Great blacktail!
kenny

BlacktailStalker
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Sweet deal, nice bases on that brute. Good luck with the 140 !

Camp Cook
11-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Very nice...

proguide66
11-24-2012, 06:13 AM
Just an update.. Went in yesterday and to my luck screwed up another scope :s needless to say i was pissed! I could see through it but it left me feeling uneasy if a quick shot was neeeded. So after i got to my first cam i turned back to traded back that bunk scope. (Hope Zeiss teats me bettter?) BUT did manage to capture the 140's budddy that he was cruzin with when i missed last weekend!!! so headeedd back here shortly as i needed to catch up on some well deserved rest!

sorry pic kinda sucks but i forgot the xtra card and just took photos of the camera screen with the iphone..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0902_000_1_.jpg

pretty chunky! Gonna be a great up and comer
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0898_000.jpg
Hope he makes it and no cat or non selective bullet does him. I'm bringing a small lap top today , 3 cams up the mountain dont have screens to play back.

BlacktailStalker
11-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Lap top holy techno geek! One good fall could be an expensive fall just get a dirt cheap digi cam that uses the same card. I got lucky my UWays (have a screen) use the same card as my $$ Sony cam if I want to put em on a bigger screen and zoom in.
Good luck today!

proguide66
11-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Lap top holy techno geek! One good fall could be an expensive fall just get a dirt cheap digi cam that uses the same card. I got lucky my UWays (have a screen) use the same card as my $$ Sony cam if I want to put em on a bigger screen and zoom in.
Good luck today!, my other cams have a play back, these 3 sane brand some reason don't . Already checked cards, confirmation in what I needed , leavin laptop with cams.. Today is the day !

~T-BONE~
11-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Crazy bugger steve lol..

Well i found my nemisis today but he had me pegged at 70 yrds trying to slip through the slide alders in 1.5ft of heavy crunchy stuff towrds this bluff.. I look up and i see half a grey face, ear, and serious wide dark heavy main beam with a brow.. Just couldnt manage to see the body and when i held the scope up the fever set in bad again!!!! Shaking badly I neeled down for a steadier shot and he gets antsy and bolts.. I wanted to puke! I approached slowly and over the bluff scanning ever so careful, he was gone! He had some does with him there as the tracks told.. Dropping into the hole off this knife ridge i bumped them again and split them up i believe there were 7 in his group that included two litlle rat 3s that i caught sparring just infront of the T-cam. Unfortunatly just outta view of it.. Dropping out of the snow and back into it again showed alot of activity in this little spot but not another sighting :( .. Skirting back and up a drainage that ive not walked in yet i triped over something and looked down. A shed! I pick it up and believe it or not it the right side of the buck i took earlier this year!!:)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0919.JPG

Uncertain if i should be back in there in the morning as the snows sooo crunchy and loud!? Probably spoke him more..? Chances are ill be there as i wont be sleeping tonight! F@#* it! Ill b pissed off if i dont.. I need some vibrum moccasins lol..

604redneck
11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
just put wool socks over ur boots :P