PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Tracking Dog

KTownKiller
11-13-2012, 09:30 PM
My daughter got her first buck on Saturday afternoon. Perfect broadside shot at 225 yards. Unfortunately, the bullet just caught the top of the lungs and missed the spine and artery, not causing much damage. The buck took off as we approached it, leaving no visible blood trail and it's tracks were mixed with many other sets of tracks. I knew we were in trouble, so I called Rod (hotload) and his dog Carlo right away without disturbing the scent trail. Carlo identified the scent of that individual buck and stayed on it's tracks. He covered about a half a km in a matter of minutes, leading us straight to the buck. Thank you Rod and Carlo for turning a disaster into a great ending. Anyone reading this should keep Rod's phone numbers handy and call him if you have lost an animal. Please try not to disturb the scent trails so it's easier for Carlo to work.

Rod can be reached at home at 250-769-8002 or on his cell at 250-212-1738.

Thanks again to Rod and Carlo.

bowhunterbruce
11-14-2012, 05:39 AM
i've know rod for years now and his training of tracking dogs has almost reached top status in the tracking world. he works his dogs everyday on tracking everything he can get his hands on in the way of various animals parts and varies the locations and terrien while putting the dogs to work.
great advice on not disturbing the area on bullet contacting the animal, it really speeds up the process of recovery.

now as a newbie here, where the heck is your joke and pics of your daughters deer.
feel free to pm me and i'll shoot ya my e-mail addy.
bhb

BigSlapper
11-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Better be another big fat moose steak for Carlo! .... nicely done yet again :)

bowhunterbruce
11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
and here is there happy young un and her buck.
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/bowhunterbruce1/69C528AE-6036-48FF-9974-0A7EB0438E31-3509-000007A3DC2C561B.jpg?t=1352950541

Moose63
11-14-2012, 11:36 PM
What breed of dog are they?

KTownKiller
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I can't remember, but if you pm hotload, he can tell you.

hotload
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
What breed of dog are they?

The particular dog that I took to this track is 1 1/2 year old import from Germany, a Deutsch Drahthaar.....................................

dutchie
11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
The particular dog that I took to this track is 1 1/2 year old import from Germany, a Deutsch Drahthaar.....................................

Yet another reason why the Drathaar's and Kurzhaar's are not German wirehair pointers and German shorthair Pointers!!!

My Kurzhaar has recovered 2 deer for me this year... not out of nessesity but out of my lazyness and my dogs love to work!

Another stripe on the sleave for GERMAN breeding and the FCI!

Dutchie

hotload
11-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Yet another reason why the Drathaar's and Kurzhaar's are not German wirehair pointers and German shorthair Pointers!!!

My Kurzhaar has recovered 2 deer for me this year... not out of nessesity but out of my lazyness and my dogs love to work!

Another stripe on the sleave for GERMAN breeding and the FCI!

Dutchie
I actually have memorized what to tell people when they give me that grief, it gets real old. A Kurzhaar is a Kurzhaar and a Drahthaar is a Drahthaar. I love all dogs but I made a great choice for my purposes, and I'm sure you concur about the wonderful Kurzhaar breed............................................. ..................

islander7mm
11-15-2012, 11:37 PM
Great to hear Rod. Nice buck.