PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Success Today

BuckEye
11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Nothing to brag about, but considering I won't be able to get out for more than a day trip or two before the season ends and the fact I was headed for tag soup, I took it.
Got up at 9a and decided i'd go for a little solo explore on my UTV. Drove east on #7 and headed into hills in the buggy. New area for me so I just poked along for about 20 miles and enjoyed the scenery. Headed up a side spur and up up into the snow I went. Somebody had been up and back down already (did I mention I woke up at 9). I reached the deactivation they couldn't get through and kept going where nobody had been. 2km further I doe trots across the snowy road and up into the thick stuff. I stopped, hopped out, chambered a round and walked up towards where the doe was. Figured she wasn't alone, I looked down into the thick stuff she had come from on the other side of the road. I could see another deer in the woods about 75ft away. It was walking away and looking back. He stopped. Took a good while to determine there was bone with all the bush and poor light. He gave me a pretty good side shot, ran 30ft and packed up.. Roped it out with the UTV and was back at truck by 4:30.
Only a two pointer, but the family is very happy knowing we won't run out of deer dinners for a while.

PaleoMinimalist
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Nice, gotta love that luck.

takla1
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
good for you buckeye there starting to gather doe's pretty good now did you get any pics?

BuckEye
11-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Took a couple with the iPhone. Haven't set myself up to post pics yet.

fearnodeer
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Every now and then its just good to be lucky, Congrats.