PDA

View Full Version : moose hunt Vanderhoof

buckshot
11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
We were fortunate enough to obtain four bull tags and headed out for an area that I hunted a few times in the past. The animals weren't moving very much but, luck was on our side I guess. Two of those critters came-in on the call and the other two were just in the wrong place at the wrong time if you will. I'm really having a tough time posting these pictures so, this is a start. I'll try and squeeze more and further details about this trip.http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh535/clock5849/bth_DSC00320_zps92caecfa.jpg

Bushy
11-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Came back from Tatuk south of Vanderhoof a few weeks ago. Did all the snow melt or is it earlier in the year?

Congrads on the bulls, we couldn't get out to our hunting spots because of the snow storm. Kluskus was plowed but the Bobtail was plowed 2 days later.

RB

buckshot
11-12-2012, 08:23 PM
As a matter of fact it was last week Sep-first week Oct when we were there. Tatuk resort is where we stayed and I have nothing but good things to say about that resort. These critters came from 6-01 so we had a bit of a drive in the morning.

Sil3n2
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
As a matter of fact it was last week Sep-first week Oct when we were there. Tatuk resort is where we stayed and I have nothing but good things to say about that resort. These critters came from 6-01 so we had a bit of a drive in the morning.

Stayed at that resort this summer and yeah they were very friendly there, I highly recommend them.

moose2
11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Looks like a very successful trip congrats.
Mike

Bushy
11-14-2012, 08:27 AM
We also stayed at Tatuk Lake Resort and also HIGHLY recommend it, very friendly and helpful folks and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

Cabin's were stocked well, clean and very affordable.

RB