PDA

View Full Version : Tunkwa

Caretaker
11-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Hey Jelvis My Man
Any word on the Tunkwa area, My son and I are heading there on Tues. 13. any snow yet, I understand there has been a few good bucks taken.
Can Hardly Wait, And Thanks
Caretaker

swampdonkey
11-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Check out there website in the morning they have snow. Rumor has it that's where the big buck came from good luck

Caretaker
11-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Right on thanks a millon swampdonkey

Sofa King
11-09-2012, 11:23 PM
no way that buck came from tunkwa.
what are you doing, trying to boost their business?:-D

and can't all these "tunkwa" threads be merged?
why have six or more new ones each week?

keaton17
11-09-2012, 11:24 PM
i can garauntee that buck didnt come from that manegment unit or even close to it

swampdonkey
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
i can garauntee that buck didnt come from that manegment unit or even close to it

Just stirring the pot, but they do have snow

lovemywinchester
11-09-2012, 11:46 PM
no way that buck came from tunkwa.
what are you doing, trying to boost their business?:-D

and can't all these "tunkwa" threads be merged?
why have six or more new ones each week?

Duallie, I think you need a little break from the keyboard. Too many posts a day is not healthy. Go shoot some more crankers. The Dude will get upset if someone is posting more than him.

Sofa King
11-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Duallie, I think you need a little break from the keyboard. Too many posts a day is not healthy. Go shoot some more crankers. The Dude will get upset if someone is posting more than him.

i'm pissed because there was a pile of fresh snow today.
i had a sturgeon trip booked for tomorrow and was to head down to van today.
luckily, i double-checked my emails before leaving and saw some new ones that didn''t make sense.
long story short, they severely screwed up and never officially made my booking.
and in the meantime, became fully booked.
i've been sitting at the computer all day, desperately sending emails trying to get this sorted out.
finally, just in the last little bit here, theyve apologized for the screw up and i'm rebooked for sunday now.
now my whole weekend has been screwed for hunting, and there's fresh snow everywhere.
i'm pretty pissed.
that, and i've never been on the computer for this long in my life before.
i'm actually still waiting for absolute confirmation on the booking.:evil:

Sofa King
11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
oh yeah.
and i finally learned how to get pics to post.(thanks jon)
so i'm making up for lost time.8)

SR80
11-10-2012, 08:02 AM
i was just up at tunkwa, talked to a group from the coast that said they saw an immature bull and a big 5x4 whitetail buck. they showed a pic of the moose through their spotting scope but by the time they figured it was legal it was on its way they said. 4 inches of new snow too

lovemywinchester
11-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Two moose were shot yesterday there. Two immys together.

Sofa King
11-10-2012, 11:09 AM
i strongly suggest that EVERYONE head to the tunkwa area to hunt.
ALL the animals seem to be there this year.
that's where i've shot every one of my deer and moose and elk and bison and hippo.
and tell all your friends too, the area can never have enough hunters.
look forward to seeing you all out there.

blacklab
11-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I think Hippos are closed now, but still lots of deer, behind every tree, and a few road signs that have'nt been shot.
May as well hunt the crap out of this area now, because when the planned ATV playground goes ahead it will be done.
Don't forget to leave your beer cans, us locals need the income.

howa1500
11-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Tunkwa = land of dreams, the animals virtually jump into your truck bed and field dress themselves.... No need to even leave the comfort of your toasty warm pickup