PDA

View Full Version : need help with my bolt...

nuadixion
11-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I have tikka t3, and somehow the bolt is turned so I cant insert it (?) how do I address this problem?
Thank you.

luckofthedraw
11-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I had a distant cousin from Sweden come on one of our hunting trips. He was ex-military over there and managed to somehow flip my bolt around just like you're describing. I thought I was going to need a gunsmith to fix it, but we got er done with a bit of muscle and pliers if I remember correctly. If your worried of the appearance of the gun I wouldn't recomend the pliers, but I had no choice as we were in the bush in the middle of our hunt. Good luck. It is fixable.

Fish Nutz
11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Were you messing with it while it was out? You could have got it turned so the firing pin isn't cocked. Forgive me if i'm way off base I know i did the same thing while messing with my Sako. I don't remember how i fixed it but you basically need to get it locked down so you can turn the bolt back to the correct possition. If I were you i'd wait for input from greater minds than mine tho.

Sofa King
11-09-2012, 04:22 PM
nothing some whiskey and a hammer can't fix.

Mishka
11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Were you messing with it while it was out? You could have got it turned so the firing pin isn't cocked. Forgive me if i'm way off base I know i did the same thing while messing with my Sako. I don't remember how i fixed it but you basically need to get it locked down so you can turn the bolt back to the correct possition. If I were you i'd wait for input from greater minds than mine tho.

This is exactly what happened to me recently. I used a rag on the end and got a good grip on it. I then twisted the bolt and cocked it again. It got me a bit worried at first, but it was an easy fix.

Sofa King
11-09-2012, 04:32 PM
same.
it happened to me with my 7mm.
i was cleaning it and fiddling around and it somehow popped.
best i can remember, it wasn't that hard to put back.
i was more confused as to what had actually happened.

nuadixion
11-09-2012, 04:47 PM

it happened while in transport on the boat...it somehow got bumped or something....

nuadixion
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
just did it ! used pliers to hold and turn the end piece to the right position. left some marks on the plastic piece.
thank you all for the input.

Sofa King
11-09-2012, 05:20 PM
congrats.
now go kill somethin'.

moosinaround
11-09-2012, 05:22 PM
congrats.
now go kill somethin'.
I agree, and don't forget the hammer and the whiskey!!;) Moosin

Steeleco
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
it happened while in transport on the boat...it somehow got bumped or something....

Leave the bolt in the gun. It won't happen twice :mrgreen:

Shooter
11-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I did it before and fixed it the same way as you did. But here's a better way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVSDEhinBqM&feature=related

nuadixion
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM
congrats.
now go kill somethin'.

hmmm thats the problem...i'm tagged out for deer and cant find b bear....hammer and whiskey it is then!

RiverOtter
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I did it before and fixed it the same way as you did. But here's a better way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVSDEhinBqM&feature=related

Same can be done with a boot lace in a pinch, same as a Remmy, IIRC...