PDA

View Full Version : Sowaqua Crk Fsr

Deer_Slayer
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Anyone familiar with this area? What is the road like this time of year and I'm sure it must dump snow back in here. Again in search of Mulie and it must be decent for Black bear too? Just a little worried about rapid snow fall, never hunted back in these areas before but have heard it dumps fast and furious.

BigSlapper
11-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Was in there some years back (opening week 1993?). Got caught in an ugly snow storm up in one of the alpine bowls. Spent a cold lonely night on the mountain ...and you are correct, it came in fast and furious. Nice area though. This time of year - expect snow ... and a lot of it.

Steeleco
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
I last tried to get in there 2 years back. The snow wasn't the issue, it was the rain, and with what we've had of late I'd be worried about slides. I walked past 6 IIRC in under 1km. I could have crossed most of them, but didn't trust being able to get back out. It is nice back in there if you can get in.

cameron0518
11-09-2012, 01:51 AM
long ways in, be prepared.

Mr. Dean
11-09-2012, 03:36 AM
x2 on B E A U T Y country.

Been several years since I've been in there.

Husky7mm
11-09-2012, 05:25 AM
U might be to late for this year.....

Blair
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
No snow on the coqauihall summit last night when I drove over from Kelowna. Won't be long though

wsm
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
road permitting you can go back and there is a horse trail going into the alpine . snow might be an issue by the time u get back that far though

cruiser
11-09-2012, 01:23 PM
There's a lot of traffic on the road right now, hauling logs out before winter.

takla1
11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I used to hunt spring bear in there every yr,would normally get ours driving in last weekend in may.three or four yrs back they logged the bejesus out of the area along the road in and ive been in the last two yrs and havent seen much of anything.there are bear deer and moose back in there tho

Mr. Dean
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I used to hunt spring bear in there every yr,would normally get ours driving in last weekend in may.three or four yrs back they logged the bejesus out of the area along the road in and ive been in the last two yrs and havent seen much of anything.there are bear deer and moose back in there tho

And the odd Elk. :wink:
Cats too, big and small.

wsm
11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
there are plenty of deer there . i have followed these deer for yrs . when the snow fly's they head towards tulameen

BigSlapper
11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
road permitting you can go back and there is a horse trail going into the alpine . snow might be an issue by the time u get back that far though

Been up that horse trail (if it's the same one) ....there is a little lake/pond up at the top that was ( at the time ) privately stocked with trout (know the fellow that would take his mules in there). Saw the biggest Tom in there that I have ever seen ... watched me closely as I was washing dishes in the pond ...damn creepy. Rugged area but absolutely beautiful ...

gearjunkierob
11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Was up there last week. Lots of logging underway right now. I'm glad I had my radio so I could call km's as I met with a few logging trucks coming down pre-dawn. Snowline was about 1600 meters and climbing....should get some good snow in there starting Sunday evening.

ElectricDyck
11-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Good hike up Mount Davis, HBC trail guys did a good job! Awesome outhouse. fit for a king! Lots of deer and moose sign, great scenery, just steeeep and looong! Check out the hike hippy sites..lots of talk of deer!