PDA

View Full Version : rytek kutas pepperoni recipe

antileno
11-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Has anyone used this recipe? If im only going to smoke them after i make them and not go through the hanging for the semi dry curing process are all the ingredients still required, such as the dextrose, corn syrup solids, fermento and soya protein?

d6dan
11-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Taken from my Rytek Kutas book:

Dry-Cured Pepperoni (Pork/Beef) 10 pounds.

7 Tb. Salt
3 Tb. Powdered Dextrose
2 tsp. Instacure #2
1 Tb. Ground hot red pepper
1 tsp. allspice
5 tsp. ground anise seed
4 Tb. Corn syrup solids
5 lbs. lean pork butt
1 lbs. regular pork
4 lbs. boneless beef

Grind the meat through a 3/16" grinder plate. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Chill the mix and stuff into casings 1-3/8 inch in diameter or smaller.

Hold pepperoni at 70 degrees for about 2 days. Hold in a 38-40 degree cooler (refrigerator) for 20 days.

antileno
11-07-2012, 07:51 PM
I was looking at the semi dried pepperoni snack stick recipe page 365 in my book. I just want to smoke them and eat them, i dont have a place to hang them where i can control temp and relative humidity for 20 days.

Red Spratley
11-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I was looking at the semi dried pepperoni snack stick recipe page 365 in my book. I just want to smoke them and eat them, i dont have a place to hang them where i can control temp and relative humidity for 20 days.
I just hang them in the garage. My wood stove chimmney is there in the enclosed garage. I keep my onions potatoes out there seems to be perfect with a drafty garage door lol. With kids its very hard to try and keep them for 20 days. I make about 30 lbs, 4 smoke pans in big chief and then leave the heat on over night ( I also did put insulation from a pizza oven around my smoker ) its a chore trying to fit in but does a great job.