PDA

View Full Version : sheep in 7-19

bowhunterbruce
11-07-2012, 02:43 PM
well after going through the search option here i can not hardly find any information as to hunting the big horns in 7-19.
i'm asking for anyone with any and all information as to where one would park a stock trailer with horses to head up looking and exploring the sheep/goats/ moose and elk of region 7-19. surely somebody here can at least give a guy a starting point.
thier may even by an extra spot available for the most concrete information. i dont want an exact honey hole or mtn top, just get me on the right trail.
pm's are more then welcome and encouraged.
bhb

GoatGuy
11-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Go through Alberta, south of GP. That should help...

Skull Hunter
11-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I've looked around for the sort of information as well. There isn't a lot out there unfortunately. Sorry I can't help I was just doing some preliminary searching and never got too far into it.

This site might give you a bit more information about horse access...

http://www.spacesfornature.org/greatspaces/kakwa.html

daycort
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Look into going south of tumbler ridge. Look into the most recent oilfield road map and seismic activity.

boxhitch
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
That herd has had some study in the last few years, Alberta and BC getting together for aerial surveys to try and get a handle on numbers and summer vs winter range use. There is some cross-border migration , question of how many in what area during what season.

bowhunterbruce
11-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Go through Alberta, south of GP. That should help...

how far south of GP ?

Look into going south of tumbler ridge. Look into the most recent oilfield road map and seismic activity.

like up the ojay ?

That herd has had some study in the last few years, Alberta and BC getting together for aerial surveys to try and get a handle on numbers and summer vs winter range use. There is some cross-border migration , question of how many in what area during what season.

is there any lincs you know of reguarding the studies findings ?

flyboy
11-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Guide outfitter out of Tumbler offers them to clients and gets them so they are there. Not sure if he is going to share info but must be a trail to them????

KB90
11-08-2012, 06:14 AM
I thought you moved to demmit AB?

bowhunterbruce
11-08-2012, 06:53 AM
I thought you moved to demmit AB?

and ??????

KB90
11-08-2012, 07:00 AM
No reason really Just seems odd that an ex BC, now Alberta resident is inquiring about hunting sheep in BC. But I have no idea your plans I was Just thinking maybe you moved into Dawson or something.

bowhunterbruce
11-08-2012, 07:40 AM
No reason really Just seems odd that an ex BC, now Alberta resident is inquiring about hunting sheep in BC. But I have no idea your plans I was Just thinking maybe you moved into Dawson or something.

well not that it matters all that much, but my better half and i have discussed the possibility of selling and getting something a little smaller in bc, at the same time thier are many buddies that would jump at the option of swapping as a hunter host.

Bighorn hunter
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM
No hunter host on sheep, sorry

BH

whitetailsheds
11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
No hunter host on sheep, sorry

BH

Man you're grouchy!!!

Bighorn hunter
11-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Man you're grouchy!!!

Haha well when your good at something run with it:)

bowhunterbruce
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Bighorn hunter;1232570]No hunter host on sheep, sorry

pretty sure on my original post i made it clear that it was to "explore sheep, goats, moose, and elk".
god i love how so many people try to be armchair co's and don't see what is accually written or dont take the time to read everything.

this thread isn't just about me people, its so that others have more information to areas that has not been beaten to death. i do also love having a camera in hand ,its not always about the killing and harvesting, experiencing the mountian tops during the late summers month is next to being in heaven in my opinion.
bhb

Bighorn hunter
11-08-2012, 09:08 AM
well not that it matters all that much,......... many buddies that would jump at the option of swapping as a hunter host.

No biggy there bhb, was just replying to your post

Goliath
11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
The area you're talking about is very easy to figure out (sorry, not trying to be rude).

Goatguy is right about the access. That's a big one. Huge one.

Here's a hint...look up a certain Western Cdn hunting magazine from years ago...before the proliferation of Google Earth. You'll piece it together from there. If you have trouble wading through all the misleading information then here's you're other hint....

...make friends with Gatehouse. Maybe take him Halibut fishing or something.

houndogger
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Double dipping??? Lol

vip_ruger
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
It's a very tough trip better off hunting down south for bighorns and the goats are on leh .

bowhunterbruce
11-10-2012, 06:43 AM
thanks to all those who contributed
bhb