PDA

View Full Version : North coast blacktails

kitnayakwa77
11-07-2012, 12:37 PM
realize there is a ton of info on blacktails on this site, however most of it is centred around the lower mainland and vancouver island. Anyone hunt blacktails in Terrace/Kitimat/Rupert? Planning on going out soon, never have hunted for these guys and wondering if it is an extreme long shot to even see one, and what sort of terrain/elevation/aspect I should be hunting in this neck of the woods.....anybody got any info?

saltybuck
11-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Go high! The buggers practically live with the goats. They like that country just below tree line. Or if you got a boat head out on the coast hit the islands.

KB90
11-18-2012, 01:01 PM
While fishing in kitimat this year I saw a couple nice bucks on an island somewhat near the hotsprings. Came down on the rocks right to the water.

I can't figure out what they were doing there or how they could live there.

saltybuck
11-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah I have seen bucks down on tidal flats but on islands and usually not during hunting season. Seen one jump in the water in June once and start swimming because a wolf came out on shore right behind it. The wolf stood there and watched the deer swim away. No gun.... ARRRRGGHHH!!