PDA

View Full Version : Kane Valley Rd

TESKELLY
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Thinking of heading up somewhere new to me. Im considering Kane Valley Rd off the coquihalla. Anything I should be aware of out of the ordinary?

BigfishCanada
11-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Private property I guess, ranchers, Seen elk, bear, tons of mulies (Shot the biggest of life near there) The lakes seem to be private, and I was hiking up that way once and some ranch hand said it was private property I was on, wasn't sure if we was accurate or not.

Sofa King
11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
i would strongly suggest "anywhere" other than the kane valley road.
there are multiple houses all along it, from one end to the other, farm/ranch land, campgrounds, and hiking cc-ski trails.
not even close to being "in the bush".

i'll pm you with some much better options.

markt308
11-07-2012, 11:00 AM
it's true. if your looking for a little lake to fish in the summer it's not a bad option. your obviously in deer country there, but as mentioned above, lot's of fence land, cattle and private property. hopefully duallie can steer you to something better

TESKELLY
11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
My other option was the same area but to the left/ west of the coq towards Boston Bar.

Ruger4
11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
if you don't mind hiking , hunt the open ridges east of the coldwater exit , can see 'em from the hwy , or south into brookmere and south again from there , tons of country

MuleyStalker
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Like said, Kane Valley has a lot of private property. Try Brookmere, some big burns, fresh cuts, nice area to hunt.

11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
I was in Brookmere twice this year once to scout in summer, then went hiking the alpine around Thynne beginning of September. Was absolutely dead in there only saw a few does.

Trophyslayer
11-07-2012, 09:55 PM
The deer hunting isn't what it used to be in the Kane and the ski trails are closed to motor vehicles on nov1st go over gillis lake side there's a few more deer over there

sarg
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
if u hunting around Brookmere just watch the boundary becouse ur very close to reg 8, same with kane valley road, i think boss lake is reg 8 but shea lake is reg 3, just watch the line :) good luck

3kills
11-08-2012, 12:31 AM
if u hunting around Brookmere just watch the boundary becouse ur very close to reg 8, same with kane valley road, i think boss lake is reg 8 but shea lake is reg 3, just watch the line :) good luck

yup ur right! in brookmere its as close as depending what side of the road u are on! oh and kaney valley road is a big road lots of hunting areas in there :)

cameron0518
11-08-2012, 01:25 AM
nothing wrong with kane valley. craploads of deer in there. No shortage of hunting country.

Sofa King
11-08-2012, 02:20 AM
nothing wrong with kane valley. craploads of deer in there. No shortage of hunting country.

and just where along kane is the "no shortage of hunting country"?
there's actually very limited areas along kane where you would hunt.
why anyone would hunt kane valley rd is beyond me.
must be lazy i guess, or scared to actually go anywhere remote.

3kills
11-08-2012, 08:31 AM

its comments like this why i quit comin to this site! and its comments like this that i will stop coming again! there is tons of area up there actaully! theres obviously roads off kane valley that u dont know about! you are not the almighty hunter that knows everything so quit acting like you do!alot of the ski trails are good to walk and there is tons of deer in the areas of the ski trails and tons bears as well

Sofa King
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
its comments like this why i quit comin to this site! and its comments like this that i will stop coming again! there is tons of area up there actaully! theres obviously roads off kane valley that u dont know about! you are not the almighty hunter that knows everything so quit acting like you do!alot of the ski trails are good to walk and there is tons of deer in the areas of the ski trails and tons bears as well

i wasn't talking about all the roads "off" of kane valley road.
they aren't kane valley road then anymore, are they.

i mentioned how kane valley road has houses from one end to the other, with ranch/farm land in between, and public-rec areas mixed in there as well.
if you noticed, the conversation was about "kane valley road".
if you are talking about about other areas like the "boss, thalia, davis, shea lake road" then maybe mention them, and not "kane valley road".

read what is written, not what you think is being said.
i would never recommend for someone to hunt kane valley road.

Sofa King
11-08-2012, 10:26 AM

you are recommending that someone "hunt" on the cross-country/hiking trails"?
are you insane?
this is how these shootings happen.:-|
i can't even believe you said that.
the local hiking groups use those trails year-round.
and you want to be aiming and shooting a gun around on them?
or leaving a gutpile on/near them to possible lead to a bear encounter?

Steeleco
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM

The Kane Valley road is often confused with the Vaught valley road, (among others) which does lead to many a hunting area. Your right, the Kane is very private and housed along it's length for the most part. But there are much better ways to communicate these facts???

Sofa King
11-08-2012, 11:03 AM
The Kane Valley road is often confused with the Vaught valley road, (among others) which does lead to many a hunting area. Your right, the Kane is very private and housed along it's length for the most part. But there are much better ways to communicate these facts???

better ways?
the topic at hand was hunting kane valley road, not the areas that can be accessed from it.
i know these other areas very well, but i believe kane valley road itself is not a hunting destination.
there are many lower mainlanders who just want to turn off and hunt the closest possible road.
this shouldn't be one of those.

Steeleco
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM
I too know the area very well and it's been VERY productive for me and my camp. But I also know how all the roads get labeled as one. Doesn't mean it can be explained slightly better than

Lazy people live all over the province, not just in the LML!!!

Deer_Slayer
11-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Don't knock lower mainland hunters. I used to live in the Kootenays and I could hunt 5 min out my door. Now I am in lower mainland and those of us who love to hunt have to travel quite a distance just to get into hunting territory and we don't have a ton of time to spend, so we are happy to find quick access. DOES NOT make us lazy! Or any less a hunter than the yocal locals!

3kills
11-08-2012, 09:02 PM
are you insane?
do u live in merritt? do u know this as a fact? i probably know more people that hunt those trails in the fall then people that hike them! and yes i live in merritt thank you very much. and now there is not a ton of houses from one end to the other of kane valley there is a few at one end where the road is still PAVED and there is two or maybe three more before u hit the highway!

cameron0518
11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
you are exactly right

huntwriter
11-08-2012, 09:56 PM

Beats me why you would say such things. There is lots of good hunting to be had and there are lots of deer along Kane Valley Rd. You can drive along the road or go for a hike. But hey what do I know I only live here.

About "lazy". Hunting success is not measured by the degree of difficulty it takes to kill a deer but by the goal each hunters sets out for him/herself. ;)

Marlin375
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
are you insane?

Not sure where you came from, but all the cross country ski trails in my neck of the woods get hunted.....they occupy some of the best muley country in the Valley and there are no skiers on them during hunting season. As far as Hiking trails goes those trails are there because they have been hunting trails for generations.......just because some hiking club comes along and puts up a bunch of little signs you leave the country? Are YOU insane?. I run into hikers in Peachland all the time, never shot any of them though, what are "these shootings" you are talking about?.

huntwriter
11-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Don't knock lower mainland hunters. I used to live in the Kootenays and I could hunt 5 min out my door. Now I am in lower mainland and those of us who love to hunt have to travel quite a distance just to get into hunting territory and we don't have a ton of time to spend, so we are happy to find quick access. DOES NOT make us lazy! Or any less a hunter than the yocal locals!

Lol. My closest treestand is located five minutes from my house in Merritt and the farthest I drove to hunt this season is 15 minutes from my house. I guess to Duallie's standards that makes me a lazy hunter. But that's fine by me as long the freezer is full at the end of the season. ;) I consider LM hunters anything but lazy given the fact of the long drive and packing all that gear for the trip and stay up here.