PDA

View Full Version : my oct 1st oops buck....

3kills
11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
this all started on sept 28th. After the jr a hockey game we were walkin back to our vehicles and my sister was asking me where her and my bro inlaw could go hunting the next day. so i told her to go into an area that i have hunted quite a few times and is one of my fav areas to hunt but it hasnt produced all that much yet and i have myself have only taken one deer out of there and that was the first year that i had been the first year i hunted the area. So on the 29th she goes hunting and i go to work. they kept texting me back and forth and i had told her what my fav road was and to try it and watch a certain to clearcuts. now i havent been back into the area since they logged it last year. and there is two new roads on my favorite road. well on one of these roads she had seen a bigger buck but she couldnt get a count on him and a couple does. so the next day she decides to go back to the area and i decided to go chase the elk that my dad screwed me on earlier in the year. so she goes back to the area and she sees 5 bucks that she said was all two points. i m a lil excited. i m also sceptical that they were all only two points as she is just starting out and not great at identifying or counting yet. so anyways the next day i m at work and all day i m thinkin about this area and want to go in there to find a buck for my sister. so we make a plan to meet at my place after work. my sister go out of work late so me and the wife were sitting in the truck waiting for her with all the gear and her boots. she gets there and we take off like bat out of hell to the road then drive like a maniac to the honey hole. we get on to one of the new roads that i didnt know about and my sister says this is it we will see them in here. I kind of chuckle and say ok. 2 mins after she says that she yells deer i look and say bucks! not buck bucks! there is 5 deer standing in the clear cut 3 bucks for sure one doe and one i dont know what it is. as we get out they start to run so i tell me sister and wife to whistle they do and the deer stop, but only for a few seconds. they start to run again and i m loaded and waiting for my sister to shoot but shes not shooting and i am watching as each buck takes off in behind the trees finally just before the 3 bucks disapeers i let one fly! at the moment i pulled the trigger i had regret, regret for 2 reasons. one i just shot the buck my sister was suppose to shoot and two i wanted a big buck this year! my sister starts giving me shit and asking me if i really just shot her buck. i tell her no no i think i missed even though i was 98 percent sure i didnt. she tells me she seen the deer hunch up. so we start lookin through the clear cut for the buck. (it needs to be said that at this time my sister still hadnt had time to change out of her flip flops). as we are lookin for the deer i see the rest of them and i count 4. this confirms it i did shoot the buck she was suppose to shoot. so after a lil looking i stand on a rise and look left and there is he is piled up. i yell to my sister who is walkin in this nasty clear cut in flip flops still that i found him. i walk up to him and notice he is a small 4x4. tell my sister he is a 4x4 and now she is really mad at me. but i have made an effort to find her a buck this year even though i havent yet. if she doesnt shoot one this year i guess next year she shoots before i do. my sister and wife did an awesome job helping me drag this buck out of a nasty clear cut. on the hook dressed out he was 130 pounds not my biggest buck by far but still good eats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/3killslookin4more/oct1deer.jpg

kennyj
11-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Wat to go! Thats a nice buck.
kenny

sarg
11-06-2012, 08:14 PM
i would be happy with that buck :)

ruger#1
11-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Nice buck 3kills. Iam still looking for mine.

Glenny
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Nothen wrong with that buck. My buddy missed a big big 4 pt up here just north o Merritt. Lets see if we can bump into him again.

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
11-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice Mule deer buck!

fearnodeer
11-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Does this mean you are now 4kills lol Congrats.

doubled
11-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Nothing wrong with that. Well done and tell your sister to relax.

3kills
11-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Does this mean you are now 4kills lol Congrats.
way past that now....

moose2
11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Good story and congrats on your buck.
Mike