PDA

View Full Version : 5-02B Moosehunt

heatherdaddy
11-05-2012, 08:04 AM
The hunt was good on the weekend as we saw over 20 does and saw 2 bull moose. The problem was I had a misfire while shooting the moose and partner forgot his safety on the gun so we missed. We saw the moose in the meadows between Rail Lake and Spout Lake Morton Meadows I believe it was. Good thing we missed anyways as we got stopped at the game check in Boston Bar and got a warning for failure to comply as the license was filled out incorrectly. It was the person who filled it out at the store put the first name in the last name spot. The CO said he would have confiscated any wildlife we had because of the failure to comply, he was nice and said he would only give us a warning. I also saw 2 skinned out wolves up in the Timothy Mountain Ski area. Someone had shot them and took the head and hide and left the rest for the bears.

moose2
11-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Too bad about the moose. It sounds like the CO would have been tough to deal with if you had meat. Confiscation seems a bit harsh for a small error a sales clerk had made on your license.
Mike

tuchodi
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
To bad about the moose. The CO is right as you are responsible to make sure your license is filled out correctly, I had the same thing happen when a few years ago I went to Walmart to get my license and the clerk didn't fill it out right. I had them correct it and then checked with the CO and he said I should have had a new one filled out.

DANOSON
11-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks for that I decided to check my license after reading this and double check and sure enough they have the wrong BC Resident number a 4 instead of a 9 and I am heading out thursday but will be visiting the store for anew license

heatherdaddy
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
No problem DANOSON, I put it out for everybody to make sure they check it as I dont want anyone else to get the same problem. I am only thankful I got a written warning.

Sundance1972
11-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Good to hear there's actually a bull moose up there!! Had the same draw last year, saw a cow/calf the whole trip and one tiny spike buck.
I agree with "moose2", confiscation seems pretty harsh for a legally hunted animal. Have you gone back to where you got your license/tags and had them replaced?

DANOSON
11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
as soon as I found the mistake on my license I contacted the store I purchased it from and explained their error they said no problem took it back and complete new license issued free of charge and that is another good reason to deal with your local stores not a big box store

heatherdaddy
11-05-2012, 11:04 AM
I didnt have to replace them mas the CO told me fix them on the spot and he initialed and signed them to say they were OK.

f350ps
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Stuff like this burns my A**, it's not like you don't have a license, some putz made a mistake but in the end it's your name clearly on it. I think their time would be better served pinching the real bad guys!!! Now I feel better! K

Steeleco
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Well you sound like you saw more game in those areas than I did a few weeks back. I thought the place was devoid of animals other than wolves!!! We did find the remains of other hunters luck, but they were from earlier I'm guessing. Is there still lots of know on the ground?

heatherdaddy
11-05-2012, 01:09 PM
There was lots of game there. No snow on the ground at all, it was all melted except near the top of the mtns near the ski hill. It was good to see the moose in the meadows as I was thinking they were non existent in there.