PDA

View Full Version : hunting on the railway line?

mbway
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Just a question. are you allowed to hunt the railway line/ tracks?

Dannybuoy
11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Answer would be the same as any private property ... With permission of the owner . And of course any other restrictions .. ie within xx meters of a road , dwelling etc

Johnny G1
11-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Rail lines are private property and are usually signed as such.

1 shot 1 kill
11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Cp police would be all over you..

ruger#1
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Cp police would be all over you.. SRY or CN. I find the Cn police are a bunch of Dicks. Wtf, Can not shoot animals from a caboose.

.330 Dakota
11-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Illegal trespass,,will be the charge

Steelwheels
11-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Can not shoot animals from a caboose.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgbOyoyUljIOKY6uRYlDEjvYZCm8VcM KkAEftG9Sij5Vqq0GDAfg

Who Said?? When was the last time you've seen a actual working caboose...

ruger#1
11-07-2012, 04:53 PM
I see one every night steel. SRY brings me rail cars with engine 151 and 209. And they have a caboose. Sorry to break it to you.

Steelwheels
11-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I see one every night steel. SRY brings me rail cars with engine 151 and 209. And they have a caboose. Sorry to break it to you.

I was going to mention them but they don't really count as they don't leave the GVT...

ruger#1
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I was going to mention them but they don't really count as they don't leave the GVT... But it is still a working caboose. I bet they get a few crack heads in it. Adam has ran over a few idiots sleeping on the tracks. Yes they can stop on a dime. A very long one.

albravo2
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
I worked for BC Rail for a dozen years (and slept in my share of moving and standing cabooses) and I don't recall ever having our police go after someone for walking on or near the tracks. Jumping a train? Different story. Running along the tracks with your music device cranked so loud you can't hear a locomotive whistle? Tragic story. But we routinely acknowledged that some folks would be on or near the tracks pretty much anywhere we ran.

So practically speaking, I don't think you'd have a problem but you probably should call the police from whichever line you're thinking about walking.

Lots of good old stories about employees shooting game from engines and cabooses and blaming derailment for the multi-hour delay while they dressed the animal...

Pyro
11-07-2012, 10:40 PM
SRY or CN. I find the Cn police are a bunch of Dicks. Wtf, Can not shoot animals from a caboose.

I worked for BC Rail for a dozen years (and slept in my share of moving and standing cabooses) and I don't recall ever having our police go after someone for walking on or near the tracks. Jumping a train? Different story. Running along the tracks with your music device cranked so loud you can't hear a locomotive whistle? Tragic story. But we routinely acknowledged that some folks would be on or near the tracks pretty much anywhere we ran.

So practically speaking, I don't think you'd have a problem but you probably should call the police from whichever line you're thinking about walking.

Lots of good old stories about employees shooting game from engines and cabooses and blaming derailment for the multi-hour delay while they dressed the animal...

My son and I where chasing a steam loco (either the Royal Hudson or the Empress, I forget) through New West a few years ago. We werent standing ON the tracks, but were close to them on Front street. Some twat from CN Police came by and threatened to arrest all of us if we didnt get onto the other side of the road.
The thing is, it was a VERY unsafe place to stand on the other side as there was no sidewalk.
So it absolutely wasnt about safety, but about him getting to be a twat for hire.