PDA

View Full Version : Heading up to Lac la Hache for my LEH

heatherdaddy
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I am leaving from the mainland for 4 days and hoping to fill my LEH in 5-02B for bull moose. Anybody know if there have been seen in there lately? Also what is the weather like in that area lately, i heard rain is that correct?

coach
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
What side of the lake is your draw? I grew up there and have a pretty good knowledge of the area - just don't know where A, B, and C are. Feel free to pm me if you need help.

Good luck on your draw!

Steeleco
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Also not 100% on where your going, but last week we were east of Lac Le Hache and saw only cow's and calfs. The snow was coming slowly and accumulating higher up above 4000'

sjo
11-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I've seen a couple bulls taken out not far from rail lake, saw lot of sign around Mcintosh and moffat. Not sure about the north end of your area.

Bushy
11-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Drove past the area a couple days ago in freezing rain and -7, have good wipers and the best windshield wash you can get! Even with the defrost on full it was a brutal drive on 97, the side roads had some snow on them with the rain on top it looked like an ice rink. Gibralter Mine road had semi's chained coming out. supposed to warm up Monday then get cold again.

tuchodi
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Moose hunting has been slow in zone B but it can change at any time. I talked to four different groups that had been here for the last draw and out of 6 tags one was filled, they saw some cows and calf but only 2 bull and got one. Freezing rain a couple of days ago.

Steeleco
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
We found 5 moose legs in the hills below Timothy mountain. Either they have funky moose or the big dogs made off with the other 3. Damn there are a lot of wolves out there.