PDA

View Full Version : Hunter-friendly accommodation in/near Cache Creek

sapper
11-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi all. Our next planned trip is for 3-17 to cut our LEH Mule doe tags. Two of the other guys in our party (with tags!!) are backing out. One of the guys has to work and the other guy is "reviewing the budget". I'm kinda bummed as I've been looking forward to hunting with these guys, on this trip, since the day the LEH results were posted. We were also going to be sleeping in the trailer of one of our party but now I'm looking at tenting it which could be a little cold. I'm wondering what other hunter-friendly options might exist for the area?

SavageJB
11-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey again Sapper,

I was there last year for the same tag and was successful with both that LEH as well as a buck from the area. Actually we messaged when I was heading to the area...cheers! My Dad and I stayed downtown Cache Creek and most places (motels) we came across were quite accomodating to hunters as this is one of their major draws this time of year. We stayed at the Sage Hills Motel right downtown. The owners were very nice, accomodating for hunters and erratic schedules and had a protected shed that you can use to hang your kill if needed out back. Prices are very reasonable ($50 - $60 a night if I recall) and full kitchen unit....not the ritz but it'll do. Not sure if you were looking this type of info but it all helps ya know.

Side note: it's also right beside the liquor store...BONUS haha.

Good luck!!

sapper
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi SavageJB,
Glad to hear from you again. Yes, I do remember you and your Dad having success. Thanks for the pointer on motels. I always enjoy being in the outdoors when hunting but I'm not so sure about packing all the gear in my Hilux for the three days and sleeping in a nylon tent. A motel, especially if reasonably priced, is sounding quite good right about now. :)
Cheers.

The Hermit
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Rent a wall tent with internal frame, 8 foot porch, and stove with stove pipe! $350/week Deposit of $750 fully refundable on return of tent in same condition as taken and DRY)

sparkes3
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
the sage is also pet friendly