PDA

View Full Version : When is a waterfowler considered great?

BiG Boar
11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I was thinking today about how amateur and new a waterfowler I am in the scheme of things. (This is my third season, and I'm trying to take it more serious) Occasionally we will limit out, but not consistently, based on many different factors. This got me thinking. Who do you consider a great waterfowler and why are they great? When can one consider themselves accomplished?

Maybe they never miss a shot?

Maybe they know about hunting all the different seasons and vary their strategy greatly over the course of the year?

Maybe they have killed all the different varieties of birds in the province?

Maybe they don't use a mojo?

Maybe they make all their own decoys?

Maybe they can identify all the birds in the air and select specific ducks for taking on the wing?

Maybe they bow hunt only for them?

So again, my question is -

Who do you consider a great waterfowler and WHY are they great?

swamper
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
A great waterfowler is not necessarily the guy that limits out every time he ventures into the field. I my opinion he's the guy that goes out and shoots a few ducks and appreciates what Mother Nature has put out there for us. He can call ducks and geese but don't ever kid yourself, if some guy tells you he never misses he's an outright liar. It's great to try take the sport seriously, but don't ever let the fun go out of what you are doing.

Mr. Dean
11-01-2012, 03:56 PM
You're not great til you have mass-produced at least 3 duck calls a 3 Goose calls, have minimum of 6 DVD's on store shelves across N. America and your own brand of camo hat....

AND have been tried and JUDGED by your peers, thus leading to a conviction as a Poacher.
Sometimes its best to stay small and off the radar.

landphil
11-01-2012, 09:29 PM
A person could be considered a great waterfowler if three main goals are accomplished:

1. The person has fun waterfowling.

2. Some reasonable attempt is made to legally, safely, and ethically shoot waterfowl.

3. The person takes as much, or more than they brought, in regards to garbage.

pnbrock
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
your putting to much thought into it,just go have some fun and laughs!!!

wos
11-01-2012, 10:21 PM
The guy that knows when and where. How to call and decoy birds.
He goes home at the end of a rain soaked day after bagging a few birds.
As he warms up by the wood stove he can look down at his dog and say hey boy that was a great day lets do it again next week.

lorneparker1
11-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I love the nostaligia answers but heres my take,

A great waterfowler, will consitently put birds to bed regardless of any of the outside factors such as:
Too sunny, not enough wind, too much pressure, East coast, west coast, Divers, sea ducks, Lards, lessers, specks, snows, flooded timber, winter wheat. disced corn, silage barely, etc etc etc.

The fella/madame that can adapt makes a great waterfowler IMO

Lorne

303Brit
11-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I love the nostaligia answers but heres my take,

A great waterfowler, will consitently put birds to bed regardless of any of the outside factors such as:
Too sunny, not enough wind, too much pressure, East coast, west coast, Divers, sea ducks, Lards, lessers, specks, snows, flooded timber, winter wheat. disced corn, silage barely, etc etc etc.

The fella/madame that can adapt makes a great waterfowler IMO

Lorne

this is pretty much where my line of thinking is. I will expand upon this by adding, will take out either new or non hunters and show them the sport. He/she will pass on what they know to jr/newb fowlers, while out with them they will put them onto birds and bat clean up for them. They will enjoy the comradery of his/her fellow fowlers.

and............................................... ......................
they will yell GEEEEESSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the top of their lil hobbit lungs to make sure the guys with them know there are geese coming ;)

The Dawg
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
When they get their own show!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/ddynasty0509.jpg

:D

gonehunting
11-02-2012, 03:18 PM
when you can buy a new shotgun boat and decks every year without your wife careing or finding out

CRS
11-02-2012, 04:39 PM
when you can buy a new shotgun boat and decks every year without your wife careing or finding out
nailed it!!!!!!!

cbb
11-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Someone who doesn't care about 'limiting out'...

cbb
11-02-2012, 07:13 PM
oh ya, and not -someone who sits in the bow while his buddy motors him around the marsh jump shooting anything with feathers. And skybusting at birds he has no hope of recovering.

Angus
11-02-2012, 07:25 PM
A guy who's a legend in his dog's mind!

Mr. Dean
11-03-2012, 02:44 AM
If you can call in them little football sized, nurotic, insane cacklers, within shooting range,,,, I'd call you a master.

I hate the little POS's......

MFERGIE
11-03-2012, 03:14 AM
An accomplished waterfowler in my eyes is someone that is able to identify what they are shooting at. There is nothing "accomplished" about the term "it flies it dies!" Thats the same as going moose hunting and saying "it runs it dies." You just shot a cow elk instead of a bull moose...or in waterfowl hunting you just shot a coot instead of a bufflehead. Two different species, two different bag limits. Someone that knows how to use a variety of calls be it mallard, pintail, wood duck, canada goose, snow goose, brant etc and knows how to setup in a given area and understand When, Where and Why the birds are moving there and how to hunt them.

Foxton Gundogs
11-03-2012, 05:55 AM
ME!!!!!! Even though I dont limit out all the time, make duck calls, have my own line of camo or any DVDs or a reality show, but then I dont really care cuz sittin wet assed in a blind in the wind and rain all day then spending 3 hrs combing the burs out of your dog BEFORE you shower and eat is my idea of fun....................ooops gotta go the men in the white coats just pulled up:???: Now go kill some waterfowl!!!!!!!!!!!

rocksteady
11-03-2012, 12:01 PM
your putting to much thought into it,just go have some fun and laughs!!!

Nail on the head right there...

Gateholio
11-03-2012, 12:39 PM
The measure of a waterfowler is how many bands he has accumulated. Nothing else matters.

Tanya
11-03-2012, 03:49 PM
The real question becomes: What is the definition of greatness?

sae
11-03-2012, 03:50 PM
It's when he has more fun taking people out supplying all the gear setting up the Deeks ,doing all the calling , asking for permission , then doing it all over again tomorrow , with a friends friend

Sako 75
11-03-2012, 05:52 PM
In my eyes the the great Waterfowler is letting the new hunters shoot first, showing em how is done....setting up decoys, basic calling, explaining the safely rules, I.D the ducks, respect and getting the newbie to fetch (pick up) the ducks. LOL

yamadirt 426
11-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I would think someone that plays by the rules, has a good base of knowledge of ducks, calls, environment. One that knows his limitations of shot range and is willing to go the extra mile to recover a poorly hit bird. One that encourages others and is willing to take out newbies and get them into birds before himself. I don't think it has to be a prerequisite to have a dog but I think a dog is as important as a good reliable gun . Having swam for downed ducks and seen many retrieves that would not have been possible without one somehow a dog fits into the equation but above all is someone that has fun even if no birds hit the dirt.

Having permission in a hot field and putting down a limit every night does not make you a great water fowler. It just makes for a great time.

Also have to agree with STU below me. Donating time and money to the cause would complete my list of a great water fowler .

stugatz
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Maybe he's a good shot, gets limits on a regular basis, helps out novice hunters, contributes financially to conservation but..... he never posts pictures and brags about the limits he's getting at his "secret spot", puts down other people that are green at the sport and sometimes make mistakes, never skybusts... spoiling it for others. In other words its not the end result, but its how you get there that counts....STU

lorneparker1
11-03-2012, 08:24 PM
This is a really interesting thread

Can you ground swat and still be considered a great waterfowler?

Lorne

Glenny
11-03-2012, 08:29 PM
When you can average 28 birds to a box of shells. The ones you miss you can make up with doubles or triples.

Gateholio
11-03-2012, 08:49 PM
This is a really interesting thread

Can you ground swat and still be considered a great waterfowler?

Lorne

I think it would be mandatory to have the ability and will to ground swat to be a great waterfowler.

cbb
11-03-2012, 10:32 PM
i got some bands you might be interested in.... ever hear of Jack Miner?

Foxton Gundogs
11-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Now that is Very Cool:cool:

WaderGator
11-04-2012, 10:55 AM

Well now you have to post pics!

FirePower
11-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Maybe he's a good shot, gets limits on a regular basis, helps out novice hunters, contributes financially to conservation but..... he never posts pictures and brags about the limits he's getting at his "secret spot", puts down other people that are green at the sport and sometimes make mistakes, never skybusts... spoiling it for others. In other words its not the end result, but its how you get there that counts....STU

What kind of rot is this to be posting? I just spent a very enjoyable 10 min. viewing the posts and photos of some great waterfowl shoots, and yes they probably were all on "secret spots". Not once did I get the impression any of them were braging or putting down the "green" shooters. I know some of the lads personally and some I have come to know through their posts. Chaps like crazy farmer, field marshal, foxton gundogs, dano and 303 Brit. to name a few are all a credit to the waterfowl shootong sport, they seem always ready to help new comers and invite first timers to enjoy an introduction to this great sport and their posts make this site very interesting indeed. With poppycock like this statement being posted it is little wonder some choose not to post stories and pictures and we are all the poorer for it.

lorneparker1
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
^^^ Nice post sir!

I have cpl miner bands. I did grow up 30mins from kingsville. I have buddies that have full landyards of them. No they dont make you a great waterfowler. But they sure are cool.

Lorne

Crazy_Farmer
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
How's the wager Lorne?

Hahahhaha

lorneparker1
11-04-2012, 04:47 PM
How's the wager Lorne?

Hahahhaha

Terrible! But id say we are even lol

Lorne

303Brit
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM

Confused by this, are you saying it's ok to not post pics and to brag about your secret spot? Or are neither ok????

Either way think of how boring this site would be if the pre-req for pic posting was the gps fix of the location the pics were taken? Pretty sure their would be no pictures in any of the sections of this forum. The reason waterfowlers keep "their Spots" secret is to keep them from being shot out, Lorne and I get internet scouted far more then we should, for not being famous. Most fowlers don't mind shooting with other fowlers long as the invitee doesn't try and swindle permission on to the property he was invited to. Once burn most fowlers stop bringing people to their "SECRET" spots

jealousy must be a Be-otch

Seperately I would like to add to be great you must play catch and release by landing 150 lessers ;)

kyleklassen
11-04-2012, 08:34 PM
What kind of rot is this to be posting? I just spent a very enjoyable 10 min. viewing the posts and photos of some great waterfowl shoots, and yes they probably were all on "secret spots". Not once did I get the impression any of them were braging or putting down the "green" shooters. I know some of the lads personally and some I have come to know through their posts. Chaps like crazy farmer, field marshal, foxton gundogs, dano and 303 Brit. to name a few are all a credit to the waterfowl shootong sport, they seem always ready to help new comers and invite first timers to enjoy an introduction to this great sport and their posts make this site very interesting indeed. With poppycock like this statement being posted it is little wonder some choose not to post stories and pictures and we are all the poorer for it.what he said

Foxton Gundogs
11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
what he said

X 2 well put FP

The Dude
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Who cares? Have fun, be respectful, that's it.

stugatz
11-05-2012, 12:29 AM
What kind of rot is this to be posting? I just spent a very enjoyable 10 min. viewing the posts and photos of some great waterfowl shoots, and yes they probably were all on "secret spots". Not once did I get the impression any of them were braging or putting down the "green" shooters. I know some of the lads personally and some I have come to know through their posts. Chaps like crazy farmer, field marshal, foxton gundogs, dano and 303 Brit. to name a few are all a credit to the waterfowl shootong sport, they seem always ready to help new comers and invite first timers to enjoy an introduction to this great sport and their posts make this site very interesting indeed. With poppycock like this statement being posted it is little wonder some choose not to post stories and pictures and we are all the poorer for it.
Hey, take it easy chill out....what I meant by that, is its cool to post pictures but honestly some people love to show a limit, is a limit is a limit and its always the same dudes. Unlike a great big buck or even an average buck, maybe an exceptional ram where there are differences in size.... the adventure is the spirit of the hunt. Anyways some people should really consider anger management. And of course, I meant no dis-respect to all of the real good guys in the waterfowl shooting sport....stu

stugatz
11-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Confused by this, are you saying it's ok to not post pics and to brag about your secret spot? Or are neither ok????

Either way think of how boring this site would be if the pre-req for pic posting was the gps fix of the location the pics were taken? Pretty sure their would be no pictures in any of the sections of this forum. The reason waterfowlers keep "their Spots" secret is to keep them from being shot out, Lorne and I get internet scouted far more then we should, for not being famous. Most fowlers don't mind shooting with other fowlers long as the invitee doesn't try and swindle permission on to the property he was invited to. Once burn most fowlers stop bringing people to their "SECRET" spots

jealousy must be a Be-otch

Seperately I would like to add to be great you must play catch and release by landing 150 lessers ;)

303Hey Brit....HA! jelous of what? I dont have a problem getting ducks and geese in fact more than I really use (I keep my friends well fed) Me I couldnt care about anyones "secret spots" as you so put it. But what the question was, what makes a "great waterfowler" well I know a few people that are great hunters in general and they seldom show their trophies unless they are asked about them. I am sure there are exceptional waterfowlers in this Hunting BC site(a lot better than I will ever be thats for sure) but if you think showing pictures to prove that you can, constitutes a great waterfowler then you sir are right. Oh! and by the way, if you told people that women thought you were a great lover, and they didnt believe you...would you then post pictures?:twisted:

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Hey Brit....HA! jelous of what? I dont have a problem getting ducks and geese in fact more than I really use (I keep my friends well fed) Me I couldnt care about anyones "secret spots" as you so put it. But what the question was, what makes a "great waterfowler" well I know a few people that are great hunters in general and they seldom show their trophies unless they are asked about them. I am sure there are exceptional waterfowlers in this Hunting BC site(a lot better than I will ever be thats for sure) but if you think showing pictures to prove that you can, constitutes a great waterfowler then you sir are right. Oh! and by the way, if you told people that women thought you were a great lover, and they didnt believe you...would you then post pictures?:twisted:

So because your friends that are great hunters dont show thier pictures anyone that does by default makes them not great? That is amazing logic there. I had no clue the amount of pictures you post is relevant to any ones greatness.

Oh! and by the way, if you told people that women thought you were a great lover, and they didnt believe you...would you then post pictures

Yes. want to see?

Lorne

pnbrock
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
i dont post pics of my limits ,but I'm just below average :)

stugatz
11-05-2012, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=lorneparker1;1230656]So because your friends that are great hunters dont show thier pictures anyone that does by default makes them not great? That is amazing logic there. I had no clue the amount of pictures you post is relevant to any ones greatness.

Never said that, all I meant is that one doesent have to post pictures to be a great waterfowler, and if you do... thats your choice. But there are a lot of people that dont post that are "great waterfowlers" also. So ...from what I get over here is that there are a lot of people that get real defensive where they shouldt, its a discussion nothing else. Lets not get our egos and bravados get in the way of a discussion. And if I along the way have ruffled some feathers,so be it, dont forget this just is my humble opinion.
Oh! and Lorne on the second part of my question, If you have pictures bring them on..... I could use a good laugh:-D

FirePower
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Hey, take it easy chill out....what I meant by that, is its cool to post pictures but honestly some people love to show a limit, is a limit is a limit and its always the same dudes. Unlike a great big buck or even an average buck, maybe an exceptional ram where there are differences in size.... the adventure is the spirit of the hunt. Anyways some people should really consider anger management. And of course, I meant no dis-respect to all of the real good guys in the waterfowl shooting sport....stu

"Ment no dis-respect??? Well perhaps you should think before you post because you showed a great deal of it. You tell me what the difference between someone posting a great buck picture and someone like Kyleklassen or Lorneparker1, posting photos of a limit of waterfowl, it is merely sucess in a different form and enjoyable for us to read and view. This fourm would be a very dull place if everyone shared your oppinion. As foar as it "always being the same people" it would never occur to you that it may be due to skill, experience, hard work and dedication to the sport, of course not. As for taking it easy and chilling as you put it, when you insinuate slurs on good people and fine sportsman why should we sit and take it "on the chin"

stugatz
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
"Ment no dis-respect??? Well perhaps you should think before you post because you showed a great deal of it. You tell me what the difference between someone posting a great buck picture and someone like Kyleklassen or Lorneparker1, posting photos of a limit of waterfowl, it is merely sucess in a different form and enjoyable for us to read and view. This fourm would be a very dull place if everyone shared your oppinion. As foar as it "always being the same people" it would never occur to you that it may be due to skill, experience, hard work and dedication to the sport, of course not. As for taking it easy and chilling as you put it, when you insinuate slurs on good people and fine sportsman why should we sit and take it "on the chin"

Whats your problem! why are you frothing at the mouth? Its a freakin sport that we enjoy, we didnt invent a cure for cancer ITS A DISCUSSION. As far as slurs insinuated... none were given, never have I questioned integrity or sportsmanship never mentioned anyone by name so where are you going with this? are you by some chance a lawyer? or Just a spokesman for others? didnt know that just because I post my opinion (and by the way just my own) I am supposed to fall down in shame because thats what I believe in and it happens to be different from yours.....were not in North Korea.

Weatherby Fan
11-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I was thinking today about how amateur and new a waterfowler I am in the scheme of things. (This is my third season, and I'm trying to take it more serious) Occasionally we will limit out, but not consistently, based on many different factors. This got me thinking. Who do you consider a great waterfowler and why are they great? When can one consider themselves accomplished?

Maybe they never miss a shot?

Maybe they know about hunting all the different seasons and vary their strategy greatly over the course of the year?

Maybe they have killed all the different varieties of birds in the province?

Maybe they don't use a mojo?

Maybe they make all their own decoys?

Maybe they can identify all the birds in the air and select specific ducks for taking on the wing?

Maybe they bow hunt only for them?

So again, my question is -

Who do you consider a great waterfowler and WHY are they great?

A great Waterfowler or hunter period is someone who puts as much or more back into the sport as they take out of it,
the other thing in my books that makes a great hunter/outdoorsman is someone who takes their garbage out with them and picks up a little extra on the way.
And knowing a little bit about Big Boar your already there.
WF

303Brit
11-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey Brit....HA! jelous of what? I dont have a problem getting ducks and geese in fact more than I really use (I keep my friends well fed) Me I couldnt care about anyones "secret spots" as you so put it. But what the question was, what makes a "great waterfowler" well I know a few people that are great hunters in general and they seldom show their trophies unless they are asked about them. I am sure there are exceptional waterfowlers in this Hunting BC site(a lot better than I will ever be thats for sure) but if you think showing pictures to prove that you can, constitutes a great waterfowler then you sir are right. Oh! and by the way, if you told people that women thought you were a great lover, and they didnt believe you...would you then post pictures?:twisted:

The pictures are meant to inspire people to get out and shoot since the birds are around. I don't how many forums you post on but everyone I post operates on a pics or it didn't happen philosophy. So I'll take you on your word that you feed waterfowl to all your friends. The reason alot of people post alot of pictures is they hunt waterfowl ALOT, I realize this is a shock to most that avid waterfowlers live outside of AB, SA, MAN and Ont.

A for your low brow attempt at a pecker measuring contest, I have no issues with my gear been married since 04. And here is a sample of how my sexual performance is
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222579_10152228455405075_2001215568_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380575_10151616933780075_1082557584_n.jpg

The rest of my performance pictures are not rated for HBC, so you'll just have to fantasize about me on your own.

I'm done entertaining your attempt at de-railing this thread

stugatz
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
The pictures are meant to inspire people to get out and shoot since the birds are around. I don't how many forums you post on but everyone I post operates on a pics or it didn't happen philosophy. So I'll take you on your word that you feed waterfowl to all your friends. The reason alot of people post alot of pictures is they hunt waterfowl ALOT, I realize this is a shock to most that avid waterfowlers live outside of AB, SA, MAN and Ont.

A for your low brow attempt at a pecker measuring contest, I have no issues with my gear been married since 04. And here is a sample of how my sexual performance is
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222579_10152228455405075_2001215568_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380575_10151616933780075_1082557584_n.jpg

The rest one my performance pictures are not rated for HBC, so you'll just have to fantasize about me on your own.

I'm done entertaining your attempt at de-railing this thread

Congrats they are truly cute kids, I have a boy thats 8 myself. Dunno if its a pride thing, but someone getting p*ssed and flustered over a discusssion is really not healthy. I know I havent made any friends in this discussion, (which is fine) but what I have noticed is how people take the hunting thing too far on a personal level. Dont get me wrong I love the sport as much as anyone,but un-fortunately in my 35 years of doing this, I have seen way too many friendships broken because of pride and stubbornness. So really we should all lighten up and discuss and agree to dis-agree...stu p.s. I wasnt trying to de-rail the thread

Foxton Gundogs
11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Nice Kiel, VERY nice answer I like it:-D

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n499/FoxtonGundogs/stuff/Cantfixstupid-1.jpg?t=1352129864

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I have a huge penis.

Lorne

Angus
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks Lorne. Now to find the keyboard cleaner.

field marshal
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Is that why your seat-belt wouldn't do up last year??????:mrgreen: -----Cheers----Field Marshal.

stugatz
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I have a huge penis.

LorneCongrats! does it help with your duck hunting?

WaderGator
11-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Congrats! does it help with your duck hunting?

Whenever I pull mine out to take a leak you can bet on incoming birds. maybe theres something to it!

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Whenever I pull mine out to take a leak you can bet on incoming birds. maybe theres something to it!

^^^^ great waterfowlers know all the secrets!

Pay attention Stu, you could learn a thing or 2.

Lorne

shadow1982
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
lol for the past two years i have been tring to learn how to call ducks... and i am really bad at it, i have watched every duck calling video on you tube... with minimal imporvement, i wont quit till i learn... lol but i do limit out most of the time... so to me.. if you know how to call in ducks you are a great waterfowler

FirePower
11-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Whats your problem! why are you frothing at the mouth? Its a freakin sport that we enjoy, we didnt invent a cure for cancer ITS A DISCUSSION. As far as slurs insinuated... none were given, never have I questioned integrity or sportsmanship never mentioned anyone by name so where are you going with this? are you by some chance a lawyer? or Just a spokesman for others? didnt know that just because I post my opinion (and by the way just my own) I am supposed to fall down in shame because thats what I believe in and it happens to be different from yours.....were not in North Korea.

I unlike you will answer your questions, I am still waiting to hear your twisted logic as to how a photo of big buck differs from a photo of a limit of waterfowl. My problem is with an obviously judgemental, probably jealous individual that belittles the accomplisshments of others for their own reasons,waht ever they may be. As to insinuated slurs, the question put forth was "When is a waterfowler considered great? " I shall quote your answer in part "he never posts pictures and brags about limits he is getting at his secret spots", this insinuates that by posting such pictures he brags. As for "not mentioning anyone by name" that would also be why I used the term "insinuated" slurs, there are perhaps 8-10 members that are consistantly successful and post pictures and tell their stories for others to enjoy and garner encouragement from. It doesnt take someone with a 140 IQ leval to deduce who you are taking shots at. Am I "a lawyer?" No I am a retired CPA if that makes a difference. And lastly am I "just a spokesman for others?" I am a spokesman for no one they are all big lads and can take care of their own problems. I am however someone who enjoys their posts and hope to do so for a long while, there for I am "just" some one who wishes to show my support and let them know that their efforts in helping to make this site enjoyable are appreciated besides I may one day choose to post a limit of water fowl taken at my secret spot and do not wish to be considered a bragart, although when I think of those you choose to label with the term I would be in very fine company indeed

pnbrock
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
i think lorne and crazy farmer should take me duck hunting so i too can become above average.dont worry ill miss most birds so there will be plenty for all!!

FirePower
11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
I to strive for that type of "averageness":mrgreen:

303Brit
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Is that why your seat-belt wouldn't do up last year??????:mrgreen: -----Cheers----Field Marshal.

That's awesome Tony :D

stugatz
11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I unlike you will answer your questions, I am still waiting to hear your twisted logic as to how a photo of big buck differs from a photo of a limit of waterfowl. My problem is with an obviously judgemental, probably jealous individual that belittles the accomplisshments of others for their own reasons,waht ever they may be. As to insinuated slurs, the question put forth was "When is a waterfowler considered great? " I shall quote your answer in part "he never posts pictures and brags about limits he is getting at his secret spots", this insinuates that by posting such pictures he brags. As for "not mentioning anyone by name" that would also be why I used the term "insinuated" slurs, there are perhaps 8-10 members that are consistantly successful and post pictures and tell their stories for others to enjoy and garner encouragement from. It doesnt take someone with a 140 IQ leval to deduce who you are taking shots at. Am I "a lawyer?" No I am a retired CPA if that makes a difference. And lastly am I "just a spokesman for others?" I am a spokesman for no one they are all big lads and can take care of their own problems. I am however someone who enjoys their posts and hope to do so for a long while, there for I am "just" some one who wishes to show my support and let them know that their efforts in helping to make this site enjoyable are appreciated besides I may one day choose to post a limit of water fowl taken at my secret spot and do not wish to be considered a bragart, although when I think of those you choose to label with the term I would be in very fine company indeed
Ok! this is MY response...when you hunt for a big buck or a ram most of the time there is a spot, a stalk, a shot an actual adventure tied to the photo. I have shot many a duck and goose and most of the time its a waiting game, although admittedly there is a large measure of skill in the calling and shooting, when you look at a limit of ducks or even five limits, you are not telling the story you are just looking at the end result (but you see speaking your mind amongst hunters is taboo). Second.. again with the "jealous" part, I have said it before and maybe you might finally grasp this. I dont care about wether or not the gentlemen in these forums shoot 5 or 5000 ducks, actually I am very happy for them, deduce what you will from that. The reason I asked if you were a lawyer, is the way you speak so passionately about this subject you could have made a fine one. But accountants are good also....anyways dont take it so personal its just a discussion.

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 05:18 PM
And thats why you will never get it. If you had any idea the amount of time, money, skill and effort
required to put a limit down consistently you wouldn't be saying that. There is no "waiting game". All the work is done up front to avoid that. Hours knocking n doors, hours helping farmers with chores, hours and hours of scouting. Guys that consitently limit put an unreal amount of work in. There's a bit more to it then sitting and waiting at a secret spot.

mattchu_19
11-05-2012, 06:07 PM
And thats why you will never get it. If you had any idea the amount of time, money, skill and effort
required to put a limit down consistently you wouldn't be saying that. There is no "waiting game". All the work is done up front to avoid that. Hours knocking n doors, hours helping farmers with chores, hours and hours of scouting. Guys that consitently limit put an unreal amount of work in. There's a bit more to it then sitting and waiting at a secret spot.

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner.

Foxton Gundogs
11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
LP1 gets the cigar but don't hold your breath Lorne some guys just cant see the forest for the trees and will never get it. Thanks for the support FP guys like you male the posts and occasional cheap shots we tale more worth it. :-D

nano
11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
and thats why you will never get it. If you had any idea the amount of time, money, skill and effort

x.........2

f350ps
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Just to get this back on topic I'll tell ya when you're considered a great Waterfowler, when yer dead!!! Who wants to be first in line? :twisted: K

pnbrock
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
i will take it upon myself to hunt with each of the heavy hitters on the water fowling side of group ,at there secret spots.after a complete review of there skills i will determine which are great!and a complete review of my findings will be posted.

Crazy_Farmer
11-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Opps wrong thread...... My bad.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f52/Crazy_Farmer/2012/IMG_1345.jpg

field marshal
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Just to get this back on topic I'll tell ya when you're considered a great Waterfowler, when yer dead!!! Who wants to be first in line? :twisted: K
Ha ha ha! Touche' Kelly!

303Brit
11-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Opps wrong thread...... My bad.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f52/Crazy_Farmer/2012/IMG_1345.jpg

No its the right thread since the location is provided in the photo your not bragging about a secret spot ;)

field marshal
11-05-2012, 09:38 PM
No its the right thread since the location is provided in the photo your not bragging about a secret spot ;)

303 Only problem is "guys with guns" patrol that waterhole!!!:mrgreen: Just sayin"!---Cheers---Field Marshal.

303Brit
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
i will take it upon myself to hunt with each of the heavy hitters on the water fowling side of group ,at there secret spots.after a complete review of there skills i will determine which are great!and a complete review of my findings will be posted.

YOur welcome to join us, we do however blindfold you and put a potato sack over your head drive around for an hr then go to our spot ;)

field marshal
11-05-2012, 09:49 PM
YOur welcome to join us, we do however blindfold you and put a potato sack over your head drive around for an hr then go to our spot ;)

303 It's not to confuse your sense of direction!! It's so the 2 of them can take turns groping your "junk".:mrgreen: God I love this thread?
Cheers----Field Marshal

303Brit
11-05-2012, 09:59 PM
It's not to confuse your sense of direction!! It's so the 2 of them can take turns groping your "junk".:mrgreen: God I love this thread?
Cheers----Field Marshal

We only do that to you Tony ;)

pnbrock
11-05-2012, 10:00 PM
dangi was hoping for a happy ending after the hunt!!

Crazy_Farmer
11-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Must be an island thing....

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
What the hell is going in here!

P.S. It really is abnormaly large

Lorne

bogman
11-05-2012, 10:25 PM

Well my wifes Dad, "The Bogfather" has been dead for 21 years and he was definately " A great waterfowler"

stugatz
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM

303Is that you in the photo? A bit over the limit LOL. Anyways you really are a persistent one, always with the last shot.
Its all good on my part, I guess we wont be having a beer together anytime soon ha? Hopefully you will be able to get over this little p**sing match soon enough, nothing personal on my part...take care and good luck

lorneparker1
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Is that you in the photo? A bit over the limit LOL. Anyways you really are a persistent one, always with the last shot.
Its all good on my part, I guess we wont be having a beer together anytime soon ha? Hopefully you will be able to get over this little p**sing match soon enough, nothing personal on my part...take care and good luck

Limits? when you are a great waterfowler you set your own limits! And no that is not 303, that is Jeff Folies son.

Lorne

stugatz
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Limits? when you are a great waterfowler you set your own limits! And no that is not 303, that is Jeff Folies son.

Lorne
Holy S**t the grand puba has spoken...thanx for the sarcasm..... not bad

303Brit
11-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Is that you in the photo? A bit over the limit LOL. Anyways you really are a persistent one, always with the last shot.

I wasn't actually talking to you at all, incase you missed it I was explaining to CF that as his picture clearly stated where the ducks were shot it was ok to post as it was not bragging about a secret spot. But if you want to take that as a jab to you then I'm ok with getting free points on the board.

As for having a beer I'll drink with pretty much anybody, so if your ever in my neck of the woods pm me and we can have a drink first round of tequilla is on me

f350ps
11-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Well my wifes Dad, "The Bogfather" has been dead for 21 years and he was definately " A great waterfowler"
I agree, he was good at his game and off the top of my head I could probably name another 6 or 8 guys that were also great waterfowlers. Unfortunatley they all have the same thing in common, they're all gone! K

303Brit
11-06-2012, 01:41 PM
When they can walk their ducks down the street
http://sunnylol.com/images/2012/September/4/5045b20dda2bc.jpg

11-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Wonder how many you'd get in one shot?
That would put me on top of the list right? If i got real lots in one go?

stugatz
11-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I wasn't actually talking to you at all, incase you missed it I was explaining to CF that as his picture clearly stated where the ducks were shot it was ok to post as it was not bragging about a secret spot. But if you want to take that as a jab to you then I'm ok with getting free points on the board.

As for having a beer I'll drink with pretty much anybody, so if your ever in my neck of the woods pm me and we can have a drink first round of tequilla is on me

303Its all good, I hope what everyone gets from this is that its a sport...and that I have my opinions and you yours, wether you agree or dis-agree IT'S ONLY MY OPINION. Anyways....I dont drink tequila, but thanx for the open door and the same on my end.

cheers
and happy hunting....Stu

longshot
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Huh, I read the first three pages of this thread and I was like, hmm this is a nice thread.. Some inspiring thoughts! :)

Then the pages 4-9 were like WTF?????? LOL, some people should do more hunting and get off the computer, or buy extenze... one or the other. ;)

~longshot jr.

Crazy_Farmer
11-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Its all good, I hope what everyone gets from this is that its a sport...and that I have my opinions and you yours, wether you agree or dis-agree IT'S ONLY MY OPINION. Anyways....I dont drink tequila, but thanx for the open door and the same on my end.

cheers
and happy hunting....Stu

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

stugatz
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

You know crazy farmer, opinions are like a**holes... everyone has one. And I know...some stink and some dont. But no one ever says theirs stink. That goes for both sides.......cheers Stu

Crazy_Farmer
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
I thought opinions were like elbows. Everyone had two.

stugatz
11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I thought opinions were like elbows. Everyone had two.
Crazy Farmer, out of everyone that I have had discussions on this thread you really are the wisest one....not so crazy after all....Stu

Crazy_Farmer
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
No problem.

heyblast
11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm with Longshot WTF, sounds like the same pee match about blinds.

303Brit
11-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Its all good, I hope what everyone gets from this is that its a sport...and that I have my opinions and you yours, wether you agree or dis-agree IT'S ONLY MY OPINION. Anyways....I dont drink tequila, but thanx for the open door and the same on my end.

cheers
and happy hunting....Stu

I retract my prior offer then I only drink with people that drink tequilla, ;)