PDA

View Full Version : Truck acsess into Hominka valley

Buckzilla
11-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Anyone been to back end of 700 rd then 1300 rd into hominka area since big dump in town?
any info greatly appreciated.

Boner
11-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I went into the back end about 3 weeks ago, there was snow in there, but none in PG. I'm thinking there might be a bit more there than we have in town. I recall my elevation being up to 2700 feet or so. Made it to the blocked off bridge that someone reactivated.

Buckzilla
11-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Thx. Must have been guys camped back in there when the snow started pounding and had some good times to make it out of back end to hwy. Wondering how beaten the track is, if at all.....
curious as my buddy still has a leg bull tag.

Buckzilla
11-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Really, that bridge has had the barriers dragged out of way?
nice!!
l
Thx. Must have been guys camped back in there when the snow started pounding and had some good times to make it out of back end to hwy. Wondering how beaten the track is, if at all.....
curious as my buddy still has a leg bull tag.

BCrams
11-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Buck .... I was in there late season last year and it snowed while I was in there. It was all I could do to get out on the 700 road which gets way more snow than down low entering the Hominka. Given the snow we have right now in PG, your season into the Hominka is pretty much done unless they plow the road. The only other option you `may`have is to hunt the next valley up by going in past Tacheeda Lake in which the road is lower and flatter and you can hunt down low close to the Parsnip.

Someone dragged the barriers away last year but it doesn`t really get you anywhere anyways via truck.

Buckzilla
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks. Was guessing that was the case. Thought maybe someone may have a story of just making it out of there this year with report.
if their not still trying to get to hwy.....

Boner
11-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Really, that bridge has had the barriers dragged out of way?
nice!!
l
Yes. The bridge crossing the Holminka at 92 km, or thereabouts. I was pushing my luck up to that point and turned around, but definitely the bridge is cross able by pickup.

I'd say try the Table too. But it's so closed in...