PDA

View Full Version : Official HBC Coyote Thread

todbartell
12-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Well it's December 1st and for most of us the big game seasons are done.

Who's gonna go out this winter and chase some yotes?

I just got my new 243 sighted in today, I cant wait to get out and call some predators.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/LSS_700_243_001.jpg

Will
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Looks Great !
Should Paste Em just fine too 8)

I'm going out this Sunday for Yotes.....:|
Might even get one...:lol:

kootenayelkslayer
12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
I'd love to go pop a few coyotes. I don't know much about hunting them though, what are some good calls (non-electronic)? Could someone lead me to a good area around Prince George (without giving away your secret spot of course)?

mikek blacktail
12-01-2006, 04:15 PM
i'm going out coyote hunting on the 17th i'll be in castlegar a few months and i'm going to try some calling hopefully I'll get lucky

youngfellla
12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Heading out on Sunday to chase some yotes.

I've borrowed my dads Browning single shot/6mm Rem. for the time being, and have it dialed in with some 70 grain Noslers.:twisted:

Marc
12-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping to try out my Poor man's Varmint rig this winter :lol: (243 win) on some Island wolves. I'll be working up some Hornady 70gr HP I picked up at the gun show last weekend to see how they group for later this winter.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Varmint_rig.jpg

Gateholio
12-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Well it's December 1st and for most of us the big game seasons are done.

Who's gonna go out this winter and chase some yotes?

I just got my new 243 sighted in today, I cant wait to get out and call some predators.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/LSS_700_243_001.jpg

Nice rifle, unfortunate choice of cartridges, though8-)

Will
12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Nice rifle, unfortunate choice of cartridges, though8-)
No worries.....he'll sell it in 6 weeks anyways :|
:lol:

Gateholio
12-01-2006, 04:47 PM
No worries.....he'll sell it in 6 weeks anyways

8-) 8-) :lol: :lol:

Ride
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm gonna try........who knows when though. My .280 should be just enough gun eh?

Will
12-01-2006, 05:19 PM
In keeping with the theme of the thread.......
I'll be using my 223 Remmie 8-)
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/IMG_1187.JPG

FlyingHigh
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Some pretty serious long range scopes you guys got there. Do you really need one that powerful? I was thinking more along the lines of a Leupold 3-9x40 VXII

hunter1947
12-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Sometimes i wished i live over on the main land so i could hunt the coyots. :frown: hunter1947

sawmill
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I saw a lot of dogs this fall but didn`t want to shoot them on my way into my deer spot.So now ............:smile: What is a good inexpensive call to use on a bunch that have never been targeted before?

Marc
12-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Some pretty serious long range scopes you guys got there. Do you really need one that powerful? I was thinking more along the lines of a Leupold 3-9x40 VXII

A 3-9x40 is plenty scope, I just figure an animal 1/3 the size of a deer you might want a bit more magnification for the possible longer shots. Predators are not the easiest thing to get close to. I'll be doing a lot of practicing at 200-300 yard distances so the added magnification helps a bit.

browningboy
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Just out of curiousity, what do you do with a yote? Is there just too many of them and just blast them because surely you don't eat them???:roll: It would be a blast to go out and pluck some but are they tough to call in?

todbartell
12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
good calls are the Primos & Sceery jackrabbit, cottontail, etc, and the Primos Hot Dog is a good howler

some days it seems a guy can do no wrong and some days it seems like you're calling on the moon :D its quite the challenge

Will
12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Firebirds Scope is a 3-9x40 Leo ;-)
Mine is abit ridiculous...a fixed 10x:|
Not great for up close work but useable........at least until the Wife ups my Predator Rifle Budget:redface:

browningboy
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
So what type of hunting is good for a yote? Just sit and call, walk around or drive around? Are you guys hunting more open areas like farmland etc.??

30-06
12-01-2006, 06:36 PM
well i wanna get out 1-2 more times in region 8 with a bow maybe once in region 3 with rifle..then time for yotes..i have to buy a call.its the only call out there i dont have...those are some nice looking predator guns by the way

todbartell
12-01-2006, 06:39 PM
sit and call in areas with good yote sign and good visibility, watching wind directions and sun position. call on and off for 20-40 minutes, then move on at least 1/4 mile and try again.

Husky7mm
12-01-2006, 10:45 PM
I just heard calling work best in the middle of the day.
I have had no luck with a howler is there a trick.

Will
12-02-2006, 11:11 AM
I just heard calling work best in the middle of the day.
I have had no luck with a howler is there a trick.
Let me try and answer......:lol:
I think most folks have better luck in the Mornings and late afternoon but if around they will (may) come in anytime.
The only trick to using a Howler is there must be Yotes there to hear it !
I've had great results "Locating" them with Howls.
They always answer......just never come in to my distress calls:-(

But I can feel it...this winter will be different :twisted:
:roll:

trigger
12-02-2006, 11:17 AM
The biggest trick to howls is learning which call and when. If a guy was to learn the Interogation howl, Some ki yis, and a challenge howl that would be a pretty good Set up.

todbartell
12-02-2006, 12:27 PM
knowing what different howls mean to coyotes is huge. if you're not sure you know what you're saying to them, dont howl, stick with distress calls.

basically long drawn out howls are the "hey! anyone out there?!!??" language.

shorter howls with more barks is a challenge. at certain times of the year it works excellent to bring in territorial yotes.

boonerbuck
12-02-2006, 07:32 PM
I have 7 down already and called in a couple for someone else also.

Here's my first of the year.

http://usera.imagecave.com/boonerbuck/PHC001.jpg

Here's one of my doubles this fall.

http://usera.imagecave.com/boonerbuck/PHC.jpg

Triggerman
12-02-2006, 08:04 PM
My current tally is ten lucky Yotes since they opened this fall. All to the mighty .220 Swift.

I bought a new Remington VSSF II this year and it shoots 3/4" groups with factory ammo at 250 yds. I'm not sure how, but I don't care - The coyotes love it!! My longest kill is 446 yards on a yearling.

P.S. I use an 8-32 x 44 mm Burris so I can see the whiskers on 'em

kevan
12-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Can't wait to try my 50 on 'yotes....figgerin the 750 gr. Amax should make good 'stoppers' !!

30-06
12-02-2006, 09:27 PM
i unno kevan.it might not be enough

WoodOx
12-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Although I am goign to buy a yote gunsoon, how would a 7mm08 be for the time being?

DO any of you have any trouble finding OTC ammo for .22-250 in k town?

OH and I almost forgot - how do I know a big coyote when ive got one? Ive shot only three or four in my hunting career - none of which ive measured. If I shoot one, what kind of length would I be looking at a good mature yote? Gunna get one tanned up I think.

butcher
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
7mm-08 will do great. 130 grain nosler partition will get little expansion and little fur damage.

WoodOx
12-03-2006, 11:47 AM
My collection; Of these only two I think are small enough - the 7mm-08 and a .300 Savage.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/IMG_0056-1.jpg

Jetboater
12-03-2006, 12:50 PM
my rig that will get a workout tommorow

WoodOx
12-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone know if we could get this thread stickied, for us Yote hunters?
My first for this year:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/IMG_0003.jpg

Elkhound
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Anyone know if we could get this thread stickied, for us Yote hunters?

I don't see why not. Lets see those yotes boys and girls

boonerbuck
12-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I can't explain it but the coyote hunting here in the south Cariboo has been piss poor. I was expecting a great start after how easy it was in Oct.

Gateholio
12-06-2006, 12:01 AM
I can't explain it but the coyote hunting here in the south Cariboo has been piss poor. I was expecting a great start after how easy it was in Oct.

Yotes have an aversion to extreme farts on stand...

boonerbuck
12-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Yotes have an aversion to extreme farts on stand...

NICE TRY GATEHOUSE!!!!!!!!!

Kody94
12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Last edited by Gatehouse : 12-06-2006 at 12:10 PM.

tsk, tsk!

:)
4Ster

Gateholio
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
tsk, tsk!

:)
4Ster

hey, if you can't hack on your buddies...8-) 8-)

Chuck
12-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Where's a good place in Castlegar for yotes that isn't someone's back yard??

boonerbuck
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
hey, if you can't hack on your buddies...8-) 8-)

Stop it gheyhouse!!!

I'll be taking your smokes and your ear plugs to the outhouse with me next time we hunt.

I hope you get an infection!!

dave_fras
12-18-2006, 11:04 PM
i went out on saturday.... just from a drive.....i woke up a little late so i thout i would just check out some fields..... we ended up seeing 5 yotes int he first field..... but when we got outta the truck and i got a solid rest i realized i forgot my bolt at home lolol.....that day was not a bust tho... i ended drillling a yote at 430 yards with my cousin 222.... i aimed 10 inches above his back....it was my personal best on a coyote.. we loaded the shells 5 days before... and we had them packed the the top lol..... it was one hot shell....

30-06
12-18-2006, 11:09 PM
i seen a nice healthy lokin yote today...all the yotes iv seen this year have all looked healthy

dave_fras
12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
not me..... ive seen some real ugly one...... i saw one about 3 days ago that had no hair on its tail

ryanhuntslots
12-19-2006, 06:54 PM
I got the week off between x mas and new year, 1 day ice fishing, all the rest going for coyotes and wolves. The crust on the snow is letting the wolves dine pretty easy right now so Hopefully I can thin a few out!

todbartell
12-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I saw a yote on Sunday with 3 legs - was missing his front right. Didnt seem to bother him much though, he ran off as fast as any 4 legged one Ive seen! He was in good shape by the looks of it too

mark
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Here ya go guys, i dont shoot theses stinky dogs anymore, but for those that do...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/SUNP0070.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3989&size=big&cat=500)

boonerbuck
12-19-2006, 08:45 PM
I saw a yote on Sunday with 3 legs - was missing his front right. Didnt seem to bother him much though, he ran off as fast as any 4 legged one Ive seen! He was in good shape by the looks of it too

3 legs will stomp a mouse just as good as 4 I bet....:)

todbartell
12-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Headed out this morning an hour before sunrise to a spot not far from town, maybe 15 minute drive from my house. Clamped my boots into the snowshoes and hiked up to the fields. First order of business for the day was to try and locate some yotes, so I cranked up the Fx3 and let some Randy Anderson serenade go. Had a single howl from the east of me, and it sounded not too far away, so I was going to concentrate on it.

Hiked half a kilometer to the north to get the breeze in my favor and I stopped for a breather and heard a whole pack of yotes howling to the north west of me a mile or so away. I was tempted to go for them but the wind wasnt right so I kept heading north until I hit a fenceline and headed east. Snow is very crusty and crunchy now and I didnt like my odds of getting into the area without alarming any coyotes within earshot.

I was about 30 mins hike from the truck when I found a good looking spot to make a stand. I set my Foxpro and Jack in the Box decoy (just got it yesterday for Xmas :D) out in the field on a rise about 75 yards from the treed fenceline where I planned on hiding.

I started the set like I usually do. A couple howls using the Randy Anderson female interrogation howl. Almost instantly I had one howl back at me from the east, and it sounded pretty close. A minute later, a few yotes began to howl to the north east of me, and I could see them racing around the field about one kilometer away. I turned the Fx3 to Lightning Jack distress, and watched the yotes in the far distance. They never moved much for a few minutes but then I could see them trotting closer

I would call for 30 seconds, then mute it for about 2 minutes. The yotes had gone out of sight on their way towards me, but I knew they were coming. They popped into view about 600 yards out, it was quite the sight to see, the three of them trotting in with the sun rising on them. The lead dog was a hundred or more yards ahead of the other two, and it dissapeared in a coulee in the field. I switched sounds to Guinea Pigs, and set the volume so low that I could barely hear it from 75 yards away. I just wanted to coax the dogs in.

The lead dog popped out of the dip and onto a rise in the field, a glance through the Leupold set on 9x made my mind up that it was within range, I held on his chest and fired and I could see the hair fly on impact through my scope. I quickly reloaded, changed sounds to Coyote Death, and turned the volume up.

I could see one of the other yotes running away, at a distance I guesstimated to be 400 yards. He stopped and looked my way and I fired, but hit low. Turns out he was more like 550 yards...

After a couple minutes the yote I missed, he began howling and barking at me. I came back with the Male Challenge howls, and it went back and forth for a few minutes. Then I see yote #3 come out of a dip in the field about 500 yards out. I watched him howl and bark at me for almost 10 minutes, as he slowly made his way towards my position. Just when it looked like he was going to come in, he turned and began trotting away. He jumped up on a big clump of dirt in the middle of the field, and I knew he was a LONG way away, but decided to try anyways. He was far enough away that my rangefinder wouldnt pick either him or the dirt clump up. I held for 400 yards, but saw my shot hit the snow wayyy low. He turned and ran but stopped to look back, and I held even higher, but again, hit low. Later inspection found that it was actually 564 yards from the dirt clump to where I shot from.

So there I am sitting, rifle out of ammo, yote running for the trees 700 yards out, I glance over along the fenceline to my left and I see a yote standing at the edge of the field watching my direction. My ammo is in my bag, four feet behind me. I lean waayyyyy back, fumble the zippers, pull a 243 shell out of the bag, drop it in my rifle and close the bolt. Lucky me, coyote is still standing there looking my way. I have a branch in my way so I have to slink down and shoot below it. It was facing me and I held dead center and let one rip. The coyote dissapeared from sight and I sat there for a couple minutes watching for it running somewhere, but it never did show.

I loaded my rifle up, grabbed my camera, and started to walk towards where the first yote I shot lay. I get to him, a nice male, 302 yards away. My first kill with my new 243 Winchester! The 70 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip entered just left of center and didnt exit. The yote dropped in his tracks. I look over to where the last one was when I shot and I see it laying in the snow.

I drag the male over to the 2nd yote and see that its a small female, and it got hit right between the eyes. Its one eye was popped out like a cartoon. 275 yards from where I was sitting.

So, five shots fired, two dead, and lots of fun. What a morning!
http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/CallAirSupport.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Dec_26_2006_019.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Dec_26_2006_020.jpg

So there's my long winded story. Hadnt killed a yote since early September, so I guess my fingers were a bit itchy.

boonerbuck
12-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Well well, good for you Tod!8)

Is that the new spot you have been itching to get a crack at?

Well done. I can't wait to get back and go at it. My JIB should be waiting at the post office for me.:)

Marc
12-26-2006, 04:58 PM
I can't tell if they both have 4 or legs each or 3

CanAm500
12-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I can't tell if they both have 4 or legs each or 3

lol :lol: Yeah its kinda tricky in those pictures...:lol:

BlacktailStalker
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Sounds like fun ! Nice work !

todbartell
12-26-2006, 06:31 PM
no 3 leg yote today, but I will find him 8-)

Will
12-26-2006, 07:19 PM
That's Why YOU are the KING ! 8-)
Way to Go !

Elkhound
12-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Nice job.....what a good morning

Farmer
12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Good job Tod!
We tried a drive in our usual spot yesterday but came up empty.

Will
12-31-2006, 03:34 PM
Got One ! 8)
http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/Yotes2006/IMG_1443.JPG

todbartell
12-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Amphibious and I headed out before sunrise today, snowshoes a kilometer into a spot. didnt get 2 howls into our set and had a pack howling back at us from only a few hundred yards away across a piece of bush. 20 seconds into pup distress and from where he could see, he counted six yotes come down over the hill into the creek bottom bordering our field. 3 popped out, of the 6. came on our wrong side, couldnt swing over on them and when Amphib tried, they busted him. Running shots at 250 yards is all we got, my last poke as it dissapeared from sight was 400 yards and straight away Mach 3 :lol:

...educated dogs now 8-) :roll:

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2006, 04:47 PM
Lost my Sceery call during late bow season so I popped into our local little store and came home with one of those cheap Remmington remote callers. At $50 I thought it was worth a try. Don't do enough pred. hunting to warrent getting a Foxpro.
Has anyone used on of these?? Remote is only good for 150feet but it should work better than a mouth call. It does yote greetting, pups in distress, cottontail, jackrabbit and fawn in distress. Not bad for 50 bucks and I only have to plug one yote to pay for it:smile:.

SSS

Will
12-31-2006, 05:01 PM
Remmington remote callers....
Has anyone used on of these??
...but it should work better than a mouth call.
I have one......only used it a couple times so far. Limited Volume, if you crank it up it gets kinda "screechy"
My remote only works to about 40 yards.

Better then a Mouth Call ? That depends on who's blowing into it:lol:

The Rabbit distress sounds are "different" and the Fawn ball is abit "off"
The Howl is pretty quiet..at least compared to the other sounds on it. You'd think this would be the loudest ???

The Pup distress actually sounds pretty good and this is a hard sound to reproduce with a Mouth call....at least for me it is... this sound should come in handy closer to March. This is the single reason I bought mine...

It will not replace Good Mouthcalls like a Foxpro does but used in conjunction with some Loud Mouth Calls to bring em in then use it to disract thier attention from you once they are in close........is it's best use IMO. At least that's my plan for it :|

todbartell
12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Ive heard the Remington electronic caller, its pretty cheesy. For $50, I'd take a Red Desert howler and a Sceery snowshoe hare distress 8-)

butcher
12-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Better than a mouth call? No frickin' way! I'll sell you a foxpro cheap.

Will
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Ive heard the Remington electronic caller, its pretty cheesy.
Well that was what I tried to say but didn't want to say he wasted his 50 bucks.......:lol:
I still feel the pup cries sound okay though:|

troutseeker
01-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Has predator hunt Canada gone to the web site heaven like it's predecessor???

todbartell
01-10-2007, 12:12 PM
I was on it last night and posting fine, and am on it right now, seems to work for me

rocksteady
01-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I tried yesterday evening and it was pooched. It was up and running this morning, but was sure awefully slow. I guess its not a morning person...

Cold front and drop in temps expected here (-24 by Saturday) so hopefully that will improve my luck on the dogs...Cold=Hungry...

todbartell
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
cold must mean hungry...

Well I set the alarm last night for 7:15am to go hunting this morning on my day off work. Got up in the morning, checked the temperature which was -20 and the wind chimes were making noise so I knew it wouldnt be nice out there. Back to bed I go finally woke up at 8:45 and was out the door hunting by 9am

snowshoed about 15 minutes from the truck and set my Foxpro and Jack In the Box decoy out in the field, and I hid along a fenceline downwind. Wind was gusty and it was pretty cold out there, around -30 with the windchill. It was pretty miserable out there and I was in an area that isnt exactly loaded with coyotes, as I was pretty close to town, on the fringe of residential/farmland.

Started off with some female interrogation howls, then went with some Lil' Jack rabbit distress. Due to the wind I never did turn off my Foxpro, I just let it run. About 10 minutes later I switched to female invitation howls, did about 10 of those in a span of 2 minutes. Switched to the Randy Anderson Jackrabbit distress and let it play steady for about 5 minutes, with the Jack in the Box twitching back and forth. I was going to call it quits, my nuts were frozen and the idea of being back in the house was sounding pretty good. I had turned off my Fx3 and happened to glance up when I see a coyote charging in across the field towards my decoy/caller.

I flip my lens covers up and track him in the scope, he is moving pretty fast and by the time I got the safety off he was getting close, inside 100 yards and still running hard. I let out a bark and he stopped and faced my direction, I let him have 70 grains of Nosler Ballistic Tip and on impact his front legs just stiffened and he tipped right over.

80 yard shot
http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/Jan102007002.jpg

guess it looks pretty delicious when its -30 out haha
http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/Jan102007005.jpg

a nice male
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Jan_10_2007_009.jpg

another lesson today, just when you think one will never come in and its time to go, dont go!

Farmer
01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice job Tod. The snow does seem to bring them out. At least it makes them more visible.:) I got my first of the year this morning. A 24 lb female. Sorry no pictures. About 30 yards with the 12 gauge.
Gord

phoenix
01-12-2007, 10:07 AM
I've been trying for the last couple of days to get on Predator Hunt Canada site but all I get is a "403 Forbidden" notice. What is that and does it mean the site is down or is the problem at my end? I can't seem to get on a few sites since I got the new Windows Internet Explorer. Is it maybe the problem? I turned all the filters etc. off and I still can't connect.
Kim

todbartell
01-12-2007, 10:31 AM
could be problems with your browser, I use mozilla firefox and it works fine

Elkhound
01-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Me too. just logged on and no problems

rocksteady
01-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I think its a browser/security issue too. I can get on at home no problem, but I can't get on at work (damn!!) I think it may be because the site comes up as restricted (over 18) due to the content.

Oh well it gives me something to go home to....Besides the wife, 4 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats......

boonerbuck
01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
I've been trying for the last couple of days to get on Predator Hunt Canada site but all I get is a "403 Forbidden" notice. What is that and does it mean the site is down or is the problem at my end? I can't seem to get on a few sites since I got the new Windows Internet Explorer. Is it maybe the problem? I turned all the filters etc. off and I still can't connect.
Kim

I don't know what the hell is going on!!

I've been blocked for the 3rd day now. I can get on at other peoples houses but not at home.

I'll contact support as soon as I can.

Will
01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't know what the hell is going on!!

I've been blocked for the 3rd day now. I can get on at other peoples houses but not at home.

I'll contact support as soon as I can.
That's too Bad Booner.........you're missing ALL the action:tongue:
I've just surpassed Snowshoes for the #1 Spot................:rolleyes:
:lol: :lol:

Works fine from my end if that helps ?

boonerbuck
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
I can't access the support forum neither.

It's up to Bartell to contact them and sort it out for
me

...so what I'm saying is I'm totally screwed!

boonerbuck
01-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Hundreds are using Explorer and they are not having problems.

I tried Firefox... didnt fix the problem.:mad:

Elkhound
01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Maybe Bartell banned you:lol:

Hey you never know. Were you beating him in the coyote contest?

Gateholio
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I can't access the support forum neither.

It's up to Bartell to contact them and sort it out for
me

...so what I'm saying is I'm totally screwed!

Smash your computron...It's pooched. Just take a 2x4 to it...

boonerbuck
01-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey you never know. Were you beating him in the coyote contest?

Do you need to ask?:lol:

Smash your computron...It's pooched. Just take a 2x4 to it...

I'm running out of 2x4's!!:lol:

Problem solved. More anti spam programs by the host.

My IP was given to them and the problem was solved in minutes. I just needed a 3rd party to do it for me because they wouldn't let me on the support forum neither.

I'm back in business.8)

Elk-Aholic
01-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Went out last Sunday for a doggy hunt. Borrowed my buddies FX3 with remote. Set it up, do a set and nothing. So wait 10 minutes go and pick up the foxpro and start walking to another spot. Walk maybe 500 yards up the valley and there's a little fur-ball on the other side of the draw digging for mice. Range find him to 477yards and think what the heck, he's already seen me. So I let the 7mm08 bark and took off his right front leg. They do run just as quick on 3 legs as they do 4. Don't have a "great" coyote gun run. Just using my 7mm08 with 140grain swift's and a 3x7Leupold. A little heavy for yotes but it does the trick. Gone this whole weekend yote hunting with some buddies so I'll keep you posted.

todbartell
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Well my wolf hunt turned into a yote hunt when we stopped to call a spot where my buddy missed one at long range yesterday when he was out "working" This is way out in the boonies, not my usual coyote haunts.

Set up at the end of a small lake and began with a few greeting howls. We heard a couple howls but they were on the other side of the lake and to our right a bit, quite a ways back in the bush, maybe a kilometer.

We decided to reposition and headed back up the road a few hundred yards and got set in the snowbank roadside. No way a guy could venture off the roadway without snowshoes as the snow is crotch deep (which I found out a couple times the hard way). Howled one more time with a response from them, then after a bit I switched to Lightning Jack distress and cranked it up to get the volume out there.

I'd call for 45 seconds then mute it for a few minutes. After 10 minutes I tried a couple more greeting howls but with no response. A couple minutes later and I glance up the slope and notice something out of place at the top, 560 yards away. It moved and sure enough, a coyote, no wait, TWO coyotes began to trot down through the snow towards us, angling downwind of course. They stopped at a flat spot @ 420 yards but we let them come, soon they were @ 360 yards, and again they kept coming. Due to the terrain they dissapeared for a bit but we were ready for them when they popped up on a rise 240 yards away.

We were going to 1-2-3-BOOM them but they didnt want to play that game. Musta caught our wind or some glare off our rifles, as they stopped, turned around and trotted back a bit. Mistake was made here on their part when they turned for a second look. I rocked the one on my side and before my buddy could get a shot off at his, it was down into the dip and out of sight. I turned my Fx3 to 'Wounded Yote' and half a minute later the 2nd yote appeared heading back up the hill on the same trail they came down on.

He stopped for 6-8 seconds @ 360 yards. I gave my buddy the range, he dialed up his elevation turret, and let one rip out of his 280 Improved. I thought he got the sucker but the yote just lurched at the shot and took off into the snow. A near miss. He headed back uphill and I couldnt get a range on him until it was 2/3 the way to the top, around 420 yards. Crank the knob up some more and another Vmax was heading his way, but no luck connecting again. By the time he reloaded and was on the dog again he was cresting the horizon @ 560 and out of sight.

What good fun

here's their path
http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/Jan202007006.jpg

here's her bad decision to look back
http://usera.imagecave.com/ws6/Jan202007002.jpg

and here she is, an old warrior female. Both bottom canines busted off and she wasnt all that heavy. Im sure its a tough winter for these bush yotes
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Jan_20_2007_004.jpg

250 yard shot with the 243, the 70 grain Nosler BT exited out her ribs with a hole the size of a lemon. All four of the yotes Ive got with the 243 since Boxing day have been instant kills, I like that. Hit one more spot before dark, but didnt call anything in. All I got was wet feet and legs when I broke through the slough ice even with snowshoes, loon shit stink #$&@^@

hmmm, day off work tommorow, AND Tuesday, I wonder what I will do?

Will
01-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Way to Go ! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-003.gif
I'm also going out tommorrow.....but without snowshoes:|

Elk-Aholic
01-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Right on, I love the camera pic of their bad decision to stop and look back. Nice dog too. I went out today and had the best day of my life....which turned bitter sweet. On our way driving up saw a nice bobcat on the side of the road....it was private property or else....Got to our first spot and nothing. Went to our second spot and call one in. He was coming in great and a doe with triplets comes out of no where and scared the hell out of him. He took off and my buddy tried the Texas Heart Shot but with no luck. Then there were yotes running everywhere. 5 in total came in. 3 of them came out after the shot and took off like Dovan Bailey in the 100m sprint. The fourth one got 1000grains of lead thrown at him in the course of 10seconds and 600yard but no luck. So we got into a second spot, nothing. Third spot, nothing. Fourth spot, we just sit down and there's a little 2point mulie feeding below us. I haven't even turned on the Foxpro and here comes 3 dogs putting the chase on this buck. Well the call goes and and they hammer on the brakes. One jumps on a rock and I take a crack at him....clean miss. Wish I knew how and why that happened but either way, probably saved that 2points life or at least saved it from trying to escape the jaws a yote. I'm gone to the range this week to make sure the gun is still sighted in as I hope that was not the case for missing that dog.

boxhitch
01-21-2007, 11:01 PM
E-A, you've been missing lots lately. Making for smarter dogs, I bet. That should up the difficulty rating.

Elk-Aholic
01-22-2007, 09:30 PM
E-A, you've been missing lots lately. Making for smarter dogs, I bet. That should up the difficulty rating.

Ya I know boxhitch. Disappointed in myself. The one was a long shot for me so the fact I tagged him was a bit lucky. And the other one I don't know what happened. I really don't. The others were just running shots and in my mind thinking...."when there's lead in the air, there's hope! so keep shooting." I never do expect to connect on a full-out running coyote at 300yards. Next time though there will be carnage. I'm breaking out the 300 win mag.....Just going for the kill!

rocksteady
02-03-2007, 11:48 AM
FINALLY Scored on one....

Saw a pack of 5 this morning on the river, buut they were way off and I don't have permission for that property, YET...

Left them and was driving through the same property and a solo ran across the road....:mad:

So I went to visit a farmer buddy of mine (he gave me permission), as I am driving through one farm to his, heres a coyote about 40 yards off the road (on land that I don't have permission yet)...So I stop and idle slowly behind it. Its watching some deer in the field, checking over its shoulder at me once in a while...This went on for about 5 minutes and 300 yards, until he stepped on my buddies property....50 yard shot. BANG FLOP....

First confirmed kill of the year......Tried to put it on PHC but can't get on...Yes Bartel, tha tis the pimp-daddy camo sock...:lol:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/rocksteadyrifle/coyotes/Picture004-2.jpg

Pete
02-04-2007, 07:24 AM
If you do not want to keep them a local trapper may take them or in some instances, if they are well fured, a fur buyer may take them, in the round, meaning not skinned. Some of us that are in the business of trapping and predator control do our own.

Husky7mm
02-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Something is wrong with coyotes in the east kootenays. They do not come to ANY calls :evil: I have a least 20 set ups with O succes. I have tried every thing short of buying a frox pro. I going to have to switch to Drivebys:twisted: Never had a problem anywhere else in BC, F'ing yotes! Rocksteady have you had similar experiances?:???:

rocksteady
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I hear ya...Husky......

I have done probably 50 sets with hand calls and Foxpro. NOTHING>>>>

Have seen 22 yotes, shot at 3, actually killed one.

I have them responding to my howls, but not coming in. SO I still go out calling, but when I see one I do the spot and stalk thing, as the calling does not seem to be helping me a whole pile...

I would like to have one of those .50 BMG sniper rifles, cause thats about the distance that I keep seeing the yotes at......

RiverOtter
02-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Never seen a stock quite that "warm and fuzzy"..............(big grin)
Does a good job of breaking up the outline though.
Good job on the yote btw!

RO

Pete
02-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Well I guess it was bound to happen :-( The dogs in the Valley bottom are starting to shred out and lose their fur value. The ones at higher elevation are still holding but it will only be a short time befor they too start to turn especially if the weather stays warm.

Elk-Aholic
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Off yote hunting tomarrow as I missed last weekend. It should be an interesting one. I think there'll be 7 guys going on this shoot, all of which will be carrying firearms. I just need a video camera if a yote happens to come in and 6 guys unload on it. I'll keep you posted.

Tinney
02-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Now that makes for good video :lol:

boxhitch
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Off yote hunting tomarrow as I missed last weekend. It should be an interesting one. I think there'll be 7 guys going on this shoot, all of which will be carrying firearms. I just need a video camera if a yote happens to come in and 6 guys unload on it. I'll keep you posted.
So you guys are gang-bangers in the south , huh ?
Maybe spread out and find more sheep.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I was down there last weekend and saw a huge Golden Eagle eyeing up a lamb......maybe we should push for a GOS on them babies!!:eek:... :roll: !

Or maybe he was picking off yotes that had their eyes on the lambs? He was certainly big enough...

SSS

rocksteady
02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Scored #2 of the season today...Saw 8 but only got a shot at 1....250 yards - 75 grain VmAx from the .243...Bang-flop - No exit wound....

My stats have doubled in the last seven days....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/rocksteadyrifle/Picture003-3.jpg

Pete
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Well I guess it was bound to happen :-( The dogs in the Valley bottom are starting to shred out and lose their fur value. The ones at higher elevation are still holding but it will only be a short time befor they too start to turn especially if the weather stays warm.
Hey RO Hope you catch up to this. Dog trappers do get kind of sneaky:) I did not want to keep hijacking the last page.
sorry to hear that your dog population was down. you are not in the best of spots in the valley bottom there, too many houses and private property. I trapped quite a few until the snow started getting too deep then I went to shooting them. Lots of Bobcat this year. Hopefully the prices will hold up. I believe cats are on the auction block today or tomorrow.
Cheers

Elk-Aholic
02-13-2007, 10:48 PM
So you guys are gang-bangers in the south , huh ?
Maybe spread out and find more sheep.

Elk-Aholic's sheep total -> 1
Boxhitch's -> 0

GoatGuy
02-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Elk-Aholic's sheep total -> 1
Boxhitch's -> 0

What about the dog count?

The wild ones of course!:lol:

You missed out this weekend (the PSA was last weekend). See you in March.

30/06
02-21-2007, 07:38 PM
hey guys i'm new to the site and new to yote hunting just picked up a randy anderson master pak with hot dog and ki yi really looking forward to getting out and trying it just wondering without giving away any secret spots if anyone could suggest some decent areas close to the lower mainland worth checking out :)

Elk-Aholic
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
What about the dog count?

The wild ones of course!:lol:

You missed out this weekend (the PSA was last weekend). See you in March.

If only they didn't have collars on them.....Then that valley would have been lit up like the fourth of July. Tomarrow will be interresting though...Trying to get off work and it looks like I can. I'll keep you posted.

VanIsle
02-25-2007, 12:21 AM
Hello all. I received this photo in an e-mail today. Thought this would be an appropriate thread to post it on. Not sure if it is "shopped" or not.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/Cohobro/assorted%20crap/image00111.jpg

Derek_Erickson
02-25-2007, 01:49 AM
thats an awesome picture

Farmer
02-25-2007, 05:53 PM
That photo is definately photoshopped. The eagle does not even have hold of the coyote. The coyote was placed into the picture in front of the eagle.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I believe it's a fox....white tip on the tail as opposed to black for yotes.

SSS

RiverOtter
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Fox for sure and just because the eagle does not have a grip on the fox at the moment the pic was snapped, doesn't make it a photochop. A golden eagle is a BIG bird and lifting a fox off the ground would not be an impossible feat.

IIRC, that pic was also on the B&C site and I doubt they would accept a phony pic.

RO

Stone Sheep Steve
02-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I believe there was a series of pics (maybe cropped off a video clip?).

SSS

Pete
02-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi RO
I agree with you that this is a Fox. You are right about Golden Eagles. I had one pick up a coyote carcass off a bait staion and fly away with it. The Bird flew about 500m then set down and started to eat it again.
Pete

todbartell
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Mar_1_07.jpg

Will
03-01-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Mar_1_07.jpg
Excellent ! :twisted:

endtimerwithabow
03-03-2007, 08:39 PM
if you look at the front feet of the fox you can see that there are no paws! so that pic has been photoshoped to look like the eagle has picked it up.

littlebear.
03-03-2007, 09:00 PM
todbartell what kind of scope is that? a leupold? im thinking of geting the VXII 3-9x40 for my tikka lite 30-06.

todbartell
03-03-2007, 09:17 PM
its a Leup 3-9x40 VXII with the LR duplex, I put a 2.5" sunshade on the end too. its a great scope, and now you can get them for around $40 less than last year 8-) so its a tremendous value

Gus
03-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Has anyone seen any song dogs up close lately, im wondering about their hide quality right now?

StoneChaser
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Has anyone seen any song dogs up close lately, im wondering about their hide quality right now?

Shot one lengthwise at 352yds last weekend w/my 7-08AI as he made his escape...hide qualilty was undoubtedly a little better before the 140gr AB arrived :lol:

Overall he still looked good though.

RiverOtter
03-09-2007, 03:49 PM
if you look at the front feet of the fox you can see that there are no paws! so that pic has been photoshoped to look like the eagle has picked it up.

If you look at the snow dust that is kicked up(Which means light fluffy snow) and the fact that the fox is not being held by the eagle, it is not a stretch to figure that the foxes feet are not missing, but just below snow line as he's falling to the ground. Like I said before, this picture was on the Boone and Crocket site for awhile, along with others of this same encounter. They were cropped from a video as SSS already pointed out.

RO

Ride
03-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Saw one today as a matter of fact, half way to the 'hoof. He looked in great shape.

Tinney
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Forgot to tell you amidst the studying. Seen one goin west the other day. Looked right prime.

Pete
03-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Tinny
The fur quality has really dropped off now. With Breeding season almost over most have bite marks and rubs. If you were thinks of hide value probably less than $10 which to skin, flesh, wash and board is not worth the effort.
cheers
pete

Pete
03-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Hi Tinny
The fur quality has really dropped off now. With Breeding season almost over most have bite marks and rubs. If you were thinks of hide value probably less than $10 which to skin, flesh, wash and board is not worth the effort.
cheers
pete
At a distance they do look good however when you have them in hand there is a big difference especially if you are looking at them for fur value.
Pete

pupper
04-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Anyone tan their own coyote hides?

if so what are some of your recipes

post some pics of tanned coyote hides!!!!

hannibal
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm new to the site and have yet to shoot a 'yote so a couple of questions:
1 what kind of rifle do I want
2 what is Predator Hunt Canada and wy can't I find it
3 what do I do with the dead dog
I do love to hunt and know there's a crap load of yotes chasing my deer.

Pete
05-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome aboard Hannibal
question
#1 If you have a look at previous postings on this site you will see a many different types of firearms. Some are fully rigged while other are bare bones. All depends on how much money you want to spend.The choice is yours to make. Most firearms are fairly flat shooting. Most have very good optics and some type of stablization system such as bipod or unipod or even sandbags or combinations there of. You have to remember that though a Coyote looks quite large standing out there in the open he is infact a very small target at 250 m. It takes practice to be able to make that shot consistantly.
#2 I have the email address somewhere and will post it out for you when I find it.
#3 Most of us have finshed hunting coyotes for the season and are looking forward to next Nov. when the hides start to pime up. Like anything it does take practice to learn how to skin, split tails, turn or remove ear cartledge, flesh, wash and board a coyote. Some folks do not want to go through the effort and will sell them to a fur buyer of which there are several around or if the animal is diseased, mange, ringworm etc leave it in the field. Even if it has a big hole in the hide it can be fixed, it all depends on the quality of the fur. Local trappers will often take them off your hands and often will take the time to show you how to do the fur up properly to get a maximum return for your efforts.
Cheers
Pete

Will
05-06-2007, 04:20 PM
1 what kind of rifle do I want

Depends........do you want the hide in 1 piece or 2 ? :lol:

2 what is Predator Hunt Canada and wy can't I find it
Right here.......
http://doomedyote.freeforum.ca/index.php

3 what do I do with the dead dog
Tod says they taste like chicken......:lol:

hannibal
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
cool, thanks for the tips. I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a new rifle and spend more time affield. And the coyotes are probably hurting my deer. I do have a skull that I found hiking about a year ago and boiled it down and put it on my book shelf, looks cool.

todbartell
05-06-2007, 08:42 PM
223 is a good coyote cartridge, and cheap to shoot so you can practice alot

Derp
05-07-2007, 12:06 AM
heres a question about rifles. Any left handed .223 or .243s out there? what makes make them, i looked around but didn't find much...:|

thanks

todbartell
05-07-2007, 08:29 AM
left hand guns :

Browning - abolt micro hunter (22-250, 243), abolt hunter (223), BLR lever (22-250, 243)

Remington - 700 CDL (223, 243), 700 VSF (223, 22-250)

Ruger - 77 stainless laminate & walnut blued (25-06)

Savage - 12 varminter low profile & 12 FLV (204 ruger, 223, 22-250), 16 weather warrior, 11GL, & 11FL (223, 22-250, 243)

...a guy has a few options :lol:

Derp
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
thx for the info tod, I checked out savage and they have a nice selection of left hand rifles.

Anyways, another question. Have any of you guys heard about or done some yote hunting with a .22 or a .17HMR?

todbartell
05-07-2007, 12:57 PM
IIRC it isnt legal to hunt coyote size game in BC with a rimfire, but they may have changed that with the 17HMR recently. Legal or not I dont think its a good choice, especially at ranges past 75 yards. The little slow bullets just run out of steam to consistently kill a coyote sized animal at longer range

Pete
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
[quote=todbartell]IIRC it isnt legal to hunt coyote size game in BC with a rimfire, but they may have changed that with the 17HMR recently. Legal or not I dont think its a good choice, especially at ranges past 75 yards. The little slow bullets just run out of steam to consistently kill a coyote sized animal at longer range[/quote
Todd I agree with you about the .22 and the .17 rimfire. For dispatching an animal or at very close range they work but more often than not the will either maim or condem the animal to a slow death. Last winter as I was skinning out a trapped coyote and got down to the head when a .22 bullet dropped on to the floor. On closer examination I found that this coyote had been shot between the eyes and the round never penitrated the skull and dropped out when I pealed the hide. It is amazing how tough a coyote is.
cheers
Pete

Derp
05-09-2007, 02:09 PM
What do you guys preffer?

open-reed calls or electronic calls?

what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

Rainwater
05-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Fox for sure and I have seen eagles dive bomb yotes to try and scare them off a gutpile, great photo.

todbartell
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
What do you guys preffer?

open-reed calls or electronic calls?

what are the advantages and disadvantages of both?

mouth calls probably give you more satisfaction when you do call in a yote, and a plus to them is you can give more or less desperation and volume, depending on what the yote is doing. if he hangs up, maybe more volume and desperation is needed, etc

electronics can be real good. i say can be because there is good electronic callers, and bad ones. Look at spending at least $400 on a electronic caller that is any good. advantage of the electronic is some models have remotes so you can set it up a hundred yards or more upwind and sit in the bushes downwind and wait.

www.gofoxpro.com (http://www.gofoxpro.com)

Derp
05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
hey tod, do you use calls? if so what do you use?

I'm looking at getting some open-reed mouth calls along with an instructional vid, so I can call in all the yotes i want. that would be neat:twisted:

todbartell
05-09-2007, 10:22 PM
just sold my Foxpro Fx3, will most likely upgrade to the Fx5 before next winter

Ive called in a dozen or so yotes with mouth calls, did it for a few years. Had good luck with Sceery snowshoe hare, Knight & Hale cottontail, Primos KiYi, Wayne Carlton diaphram distress, Johnny Stewart PC1. Primos makes lots of good calls I would check them out

.308win
07-21-2007, 12:28 AM
So many pages to read, so if this as alreary been asked forgive me, But, have you used mouth calls? and if so how do you think they work? Thinking of gettig this one:
http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_prod.php?product_id=350148&cat_id=10&subcat_id=40&PHPSESSID=b6641833dbf6bd30bab37aa322ec7905

Perry

todbartell
07-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I used mouth calls for years with pretty good results. Its good to get a few different distress calls so you dont use the same sound over and over..helps lessen the chance of educating the coyotes.

Derek_Erickson
02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Laid the smackdown on this one this morning, My 22-250 nearly beheaded it!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb224/Derek__Erickson/IMG_1395.jpg

alremkin
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
I used mouth calls for years with pretty good results. Its good to get a few different distress calls so you dont use the same sound over and over..helps lessen the chance of educating the coyotes.

Although I'm a little concerned about cruelty to animals, instead of a call I'm thinking of putting my cat in her kenel in the open in a likely spot for coyotes then hiding upwind with my 222 about 300 yards in the bush so I'd have a clear view of her. Not sure if this is cruel or clever? What do you think?:?

Derek_Erickson
02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, Tie a string to its tail and yank on it, that should be your call right there!

oh yeah, its probably cruel to!

alremkin
02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Actually I don't need the string. When she's in her kenel she bleats quite loudly' "MAO...MAO...MAO" every 30 seconds like she's a dedicated communist expecting the deceased chairman to bail her out. This is just a though I'm sure the animal rights people would run with this if it ever became a standard practice, but I thought it would a way for her to earn her keep so to speak and I actually like the cat.

BearSniper
02-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Alremkin,

A former neighbour/farmer of mine had seveal Wolf pelts in his den. He'd get one every winter.

His method, he said, was to take along a young lamb from the farm and leash it to a tree near a frozen lake. It would bleat all morning and sooner or later Wolves would come to investigate. He'd bag the biggest Wolf then take trophy Wolf and lamb home.

Sort of like in the movies where the girl was tied to a tree or cliff to attract/catch King Kong.

Unorthodox, but it worked.

alremkin
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Just thought of another thing it brings up as well as the cruelty issue: Would it constitute illegal baiting? The local CO's have an office less than a mile from my place I guess I could go there and run it by him.

What's a coyote and wolf pelt worth these days?

justin_07
02-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know of any trappers or fur buyers that will take coyotes near kamloops or armstrong??? Don't need any money for them just want to see them put to use.

Pete
02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi Justin
I do like your ethics. Lots of folks just shoot and leave them. I would rather them go to someone that would use them. Drop me a line with your email and contact numbers and I will contact you with names and numbers.
Cheers
Pete

boonerbuck
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, Tie a string to its tail and yank on it, that should be your call right there!

oh yeah, its probably cruel to!

Haha...

Just saw your Avatar. I took that pic of Gatehouse. Good to see it's been put to good use.:razz:

Gateholio
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I am really wondering if we shoudl be promoting using house pets for bait on this website...:confused:

boonerbuck
02-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Listen guys...it's far easier to call with hand calls then to cart live stock or pets around. You will probably have far better results too because to get the suffering screaming loud sounds that can reach waay out all you have to do is blow harder and use your hands a bit. Imagine what needs to be done to get that out of a lamb or cat????

There is the added advatage of lure scent by using live animals but that is hardly worth the trouble when they will usually come in to investigate regardless.

I'm not sure if there is cruelty charges to be laid under these circinastances....I'm sure there may. Regardless, it's not something we need the antis to take to the media. Predator hunting is already controverial to begin with and there's a history of a split of support/opinion even here on this forum amoungst us hunters.

Learn to call. It's not difficult. Maybe difficult to master it but not to make it work.

Elk-Aholic
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Stroked another 2 yesterday. Called in 4 coyotes in one set and got one out of the group (should have had more but that's hunting). Had a single earlier in the day. Sorry, no pictures guys, forgot my camera at home.

boonerbuck
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Are you on PHC?

Elk-Aholic
03-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Went out again yesterday and tagged another double with a buddy. He made a great shot on the run and nailed the one. Did another set 15 minutes later and only 200 yards from where we dropped the first and called in Mr. sneay-sneak who felt like playing catch with the .223

Stone Sheep Steve
03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Did you manage to drag GG out and keep that rust from coming back??:smile:

SSS

kishman
03-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Went out again yesterday and tagged another double with a buddy. He made a great shot on the run and nailed the one. Did another set 15 minutes later and only 200 yards from where we dropped the first and called in Mr. sneay-sneak who felt like playing catch with the .223

Forget your camera again.....?:mrgreen: