PDA

View Full Version : Your kidding

leadchucker
10-30-2012, 07:28 AM
So I'm out in the Beaverdell area and I get a shot off at a doe at the crack of dawn.
I walk down to the spot I hit her to find a blood trail just behind a tree. I put down my orange seat I was using on my stump stand so the boys can follow me in to the bush, I call them on the radios to let them know what's going on. My friend closest to me arrives, leaves his rain jacket and pants hanging on a tree next to my seat and follows my trail. Long story short we return to the spot to get our gear and my seat is gone, my buddy's clothes are on the ground pockets empty. They took his flash light. We saw and heard a quad driving around but I can say for sure they took the stuff maybe it was a coyote. Really you got to be kidding me.
I did find my doe and she was pretty big, actually we went home with a total score of 4, 3 does and a 6 x 5 buck. 4 hunters 4 deer best day of hunting ever except for the stolen gear!

curt
10-30-2012, 07:34 AM
it is really sad how this current generation of outdoor type people are freaking a**holes!! Taking stuff that clearly doesnt belong!?!? I just dont get it.... taking stuff that doesnt belong to you when people are walking around the bush with guns just goes to show how f**Ked in the head some people are!

moose2
10-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Congrats on the deer. It is lousy that your stuff got taken. I often think about that when I come out of the mountains and leave my pack along the road or trail. While I walk back to get my quad or truck. Most people are really honest and I have never had any problem. I guess it only takes one though. Did you get any pictures of the hunt, it would be nice to see them.
Mike

Weatherby Fan
10-30-2012, 08:06 AM
it is really sad how this current generation of outdoor type people are freaking a**holes!! Taking stuff that clearly doesnt belong!?!? I just dont get it.... taking stuff that doesnt belong to you when people are walking around the bush with guns just goes to show how f**Ked in the head some people are!

My very first thought.......your going to touch someone's stuff who is probably packing a rifle........WOW either very balsy or just plain stupid......Im leaning towards the latter !
Congrats on a great hunt.......to bad about the arsholes !
WF

BlacktailStalker
10-30-2012, 08:08 AM
That's pure bad luck there. I would have followed the quad tracks on the road, pretty easy to do I'd think.
Any pics of the buck?

2tins
10-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you have shit rat problem. You're gonna need a big trap. Something humane that will only break a leg and not their neck. Good luck.

ps. If there's no pics, then it did'nt happen.

Spy
10-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Somehow these theives always get caught just a matter of time ! So you come out the bush catch the guy stealing your stuff, what do you do ? Make a citizens arrest,give him a beating he wont forget or both & say he was resisting arrest ! The day will come!

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 09:05 AM
I've dumped stuff on the side of the road or side of a trial lots of times, and always came back to it. I wonder though if someone thought you had just lost the items or forgotten them? I've also found stuff on the side of the road.

Spy
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I've dumped stuff on the side of the road or side of a trial lots of times, and always came back to it. I wonder though if someone thought you had just lost the items or forgotten them? I've also found stuff on the side of the road.
By the sounds of it this guy new he was stealing & lucky he did not get caught ! Who in their right mind would think its ok to take stuff thats not theirs ! What would you do if you caught someone taking your gear you had left ?

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Sounds to me like a seat warmer was left on a stump and some raingear hung in a tree.

It's not uncommon to encounter stuff that has been hung in trees or left on stumps and forgotten. There is no telling what the person who took the items thought, as none of us have spoken to him. Perhaps he will read this thread and learn that the stuff he "found" had not been abandoned, or perhaps he is a thief who was looking for an opportunity to commit grand larceny and steal a flashlight and a foam seat.

The Dude
10-30-2012, 09:39 AM
Remind me never to leave my stuff unguarded around gatehouse. :-(

On another note, if you see a Coyote running around with a flashlight, I'd shoot first and ask questions later. :D

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Yeah good point. Because I think it's possible the guy may have thought the stuff had been abandoned, it's obvious I must be a super villain burglar. :roll:

leadchucker
10-30-2012, 09:51 AM
4186 Here's the buck, I didn't take pic's of the doe's.

Spy
10-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Sounds to me like a seat warmer was left on a stump and some raingear hung in a tree.

It's not uncommon to encounter stuff that has been hung in trees or left on stumps and forgotten. There is no telling what the person who took the items thought, as none of us have spoken to him. Perhaps he will read this thread and learn that the stuff he "found" had not been abandoned, or perhaps he is a thief who was looking for an opportunity to commit grand larceny and steal a flashlight and a foam seat.
Just a seat maybe , a pair of binoculars a knife lol even a rifle. Sure it could have being left, happened before ! In this case ,Common sense would tell me,the guy is in the area,or coming back ! I would leave it alone, not take the seat or flashlight, who does that ! Hey maybe it was Sasquatch !

Big Lew
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately, there's been thieves since the beginning of time and it's not just a human problem....it's rampant amongst birds, reptiles, insects, and animals as well. I agree with "curt" that it seems to be far worse within this current generation. The frustrating thing about it though is, humans, especially in our part of the world, are taught it is wrong and are penalized or punished more severally than the thief if we personally exact justice or revenge to the guilty party. I'm obviously not in the majority though because I believe you should be able to use whatever method, including excessive force, that you deem necessary to stop and/or punish the culprit.

The Dude
10-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice buck! :D

Sofa King
10-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Remind me never to leave my stuff unguarded around gatehouse. :-(

On another note, if you see a Coyote running around with a flashlight, I'd shoot first and ask questions later. :D

i wonder, could that be considered pit-lamping?:-D

sky-gunner
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
The problem is not enough people shoot at theives. They know there is no legal consequence, so the only other deterent is a physical one. Add the crack sound of a bullet speeding past your head, and the physical sensation of sht filling your pants, your gonna be real hesisitent to touch something that ain't yours again. Congrats on the deer.

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Just a seat maybe , a pair of binoculars a knife lol even a rifle. Sure it could have being left, happened before ! In this case ,Common sense would tell me,the guy is in the area,or coming back ! I would leave it alone, not take the seat or flashlight, who does that ! Hey maybe it was Sasquatch !

How do we know the guy didn't call out, look around and try to find the owner of the seat and rain jacket? How is he supposed to know if it's been there for 10 minutes or 10 days?

We had a thread on here about all sorts of stuff being found in the bush. Some of that stuff went home with the guys that found it. Knives seem to be a very common item found in the bush, often stuck into tree stumps.

Was the guy an opportunistic thief or just a guy that found some stuff he thought had been left behind? (like lots of guys on the thread) I guess we won't know unless he sees this thread and tries to return the cushion and flashlight.
Leadchucker, Nic Buck! :)

bassplayer
10-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Me personally, if i had encountered stuff like that, i would walk on by and leave it be. Who knows if the person has forgotten it or not? I would want to presume that he may return to retrieve it. Bottom line is that it was not my stuff to begin with whether it's been hanging on the branch for a week or an hour. They weren't even interested in the rain gear. They rifled the pockets like a crackhead going through a withdrawal. Finders keepers is a game we played as kids not as adult, outdoorsmen.

finngun
10-30-2012, 11:51 AM
in case that happends to me... i take staff and leave CLEAR note --my name-add..tel no whatever..:mrgreen:

Sofa King
10-30-2012, 12:18 PM
i found and picked up the front license plate in it's holder from a truck that had went in ahead of me.
was that stealing?
i looked for the truck the rest of the day, but he seemed to have driven through and went out another way.
i'm going to take it to icbc i guess, maybe they'd track him down.
how else can i figure out who's it is?

Wood butcher
10-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd trade a seat cushion and a flashlight for that buck.
Give the plate to the cops they can run it and find the registered owner.

solo
10-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Would have been really crappy to have an accident and crawl back to your gear hoping it could help save your life, only to find that some selfish crackhead had stolen it. Congrats on the buck! Maybe one day we can get tags for thieves!

RiverOtter
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM
LC said that his pard had "followed his trail", which makes me think his foot prints were visible; ie snow, mud or freshly flattened grass. Someone coming across the gear should have noticed that too.

Unless it was actively raining, which I'm assuming not if buddy hung his coat on the tree, the seat may have very well been dry as well, letting the thief know that the owner wasn't that far off.

That's my detective work for the day, and survey says scumbag intentionally took the stuff, as he expected to get away with it.......

Next case.............:mrgreen:

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Good CSI. RO :)

Elk-Aholic
10-30-2012, 10:25 PM
So if a guy goes backpacking and pitches a tent, leaving his sleeping bag, food, extra clothes, supplies, etc inside the tent and comes back after a hard day of hunting only to find someone else "found" and took it.......I would call that stealing! (Sounds the same to me as leaving a butt pad, coat, supplies on a tree). Imagine if that guy who went for his hunt had injuried himself and made it back to camp only to find everything was gone! Heck, those essential peices of equipment could save a person's life! So some duechebag decides to take it, I hope karma catches up to him. None the less, I was raised if it isn't yours, don't take it! But I guess some people don't see the glass as half full.

On the flip side, if I find a quad while in the bush and I yell, scream, and shout for someone and nobody answers, does that give me the right to 'take' the quad and claim it as mine...........

Elk-Aholic
10-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Forgot to add, great buck and congrats on filling the back of the truck with some good eats! Sounds like otherwise you had an unforgetable an amazing hunt!

Gateholio
10-30-2012, 10:41 PM
So if a guy goes backpacking and pitches a tent, leaving his sleeping bag, food, extra clothes, supplies, etc inside the tent and comes back after a hard day of hunting only to find someone else "found" and took it.......I would call that stealing! (Sounds the same to me as leaving a butt pad, coat, supplies on a tree). Imagine if that guy who went for his hunt had injuried himself and made it back to camp only to find everything was gone! Heck, those essential peices of equipment could save a person's life! So some duechebag decides to take it, I hope karma catches up to him. None the less, I was raised if it isn't yours, don't take it! But I guess some people don't see the glass as half full.

On the flip side, if I find a quad while in the bush and I yell, scream, and shout for someone and nobody answers, does that give me the right to 'take' the quad and claim it as mine...........

Lets not get ridiculous here. This wasn't a full camp and supplies in the middle of nowhere. It was some stuff left at the side of the road, and it wasn't life saving. I don't condone it, but like I said, someone may have just thought it was left behind and nobody was coming back for it. They also might have been a thief.

There is a good lesson here, though. I've dumped lots of stuff on the side of roads/trails/middle of bush when I went after an animal. Probably good idea to re-evaluate that.

604redneck
12-01-2012, 11:48 PM
This is because too many assholes and bitches are allowed too breed!

Darksith
12-02-2012, 08:57 AM
gatehouse, I understand you are playing the devils advocate, but if this guy though it was abandoned and was a good soul then he would have taken everything because he doesn't like to see abandoned garbage in the bush. By being selective it shows that hes only looking out for himself and could care less about leaving what he didnt personally want behind. If it was me and I thought it was abandoned it would all have been loaded up and taken to the trash.

meesemoot
12-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Your writing in American, not English: http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2012/11/your-in-america-bot-battles-sloppy-spelling-intolerance-on-twitter.html