PDA

View Full Version : New to waterfowl hunting. Looking for experienced partner

andrewscag
10-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm a 41 year old new hunter hoping that someone can help show me the ropes a bit. I've got a 4x4 with a tank of gas, a small boat, a 12 guage, a box of shells for each of us, and my migratory license. Don't have a retriever or a crappy attitude.

Im in Langley and was thinking about westham island for geese or Ladner for whatever. Anywhere really though

Post here or shoot me a pm if you're interested. I'm pretty flexible on time. Weekdays or weekends either way but usually need a couple days notice to be out all day

Thanks!

pnbrock
10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
send pics of boat!

bc_buckshot
10-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Pm sent.........

andrewscag
10-29-2012, 09:56 PM
My boats not too impressive, lol! 13' Boston whaler with a centre console conversion and front bench removed. Draws about 1'8". The passenger usually sits on cushions with their back against the console. Very plush ;-)

Nickchee
10-29-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm new to Vancouver, just got here yesterday after a long trip from Toronto going down to San Diego then up the west coast.
I love duck hunting and this first thing I did was buy my hunting and fishing licenses. As soon as I move into the Apartment on the first I go and buy a shotgun and shells.

I would love get out if anyone needs an extra hand or gun in the boat. I'm no stranger to luggin decoys slushing through swamp to retrieve them.
let me know I'm dying to get out for ducks and grouse.

Goose T404
11-01-2012, 08:58 PM
ps: you need to purchase a westham island permit if you wanna hunt on the island. cost for that is 175$

pnbrock
11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
i have cash in hand for the west ham pass tell me where i get one!!

Goose T404
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
i never bought one, cause its a big deal of work, but im pretty sure you can buy the permit from stillwater sports in ladner, but in order to hunt anywhere on westham island, you have to get each farm owner to sign it..

J-Man
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Got together with Goose T404 and Andrewscrag this Sat morn in Ladner. Two down, but lost one - Andrew did a good bit a searching but no luck. Anyways both good guys, looking forward to hunting with them again. And I have to say some good calling by Goose, turned around quite a few groups. We would have had a few more I'm sure if it wasn't for the skyblasters taking 150yrd shots at the flocks Goose turned around with a come back call.

andrewscag
11-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Yup great to get out with you guys! Have to do it again soon for sure. Though maybe on a week day so we're not back in the war zone

Also got out on Sunday with bc buckshot and a buddy of his. Very impressive hunting, guys. Learned a bunch and didn't even hear about my work with the shotgun ;-). Thanks a ton!

I can hunt around my work schedule pretty well this week if anyone wants to go out again.

WaderGator
11-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Heading out to boundary bay tomorrow and thursday. If any new guys want to tag along just send me a PM.

pnbrock
11-14-2012, 06:57 AM
are you running foreshore?may run dog for you if you like?

Danny
11-14-2012, 08:14 AM
you can only get Westham passes from the land owners on the island and all the passes are taken long before the season starts. Its pretty much a private club and unless you know someone that has a pass and is real good friends with one of the farmers .... gooood luck to ya :)
Now Richmond rod and gun club is a diff story. You can get passes out of them for there area.
Dan