PDA

View Full Version : First post, first deer

teleposer
10-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Long time reader of this site, first time posting.

Married into a hunting family just over a year ago. I always liked the idea of being able to fill my freezer with meat I 'harvested' my self. Got my CORE and PAL in the spring and was gifted an older .35 Remington pump action rifle by my father in law. Spring hunts only yielded a few bear sightings but no shot chances. The fall welcomed the birth of a son, and a few encounters with some elk when out with my bro in law. Needless to say, having a newborn made getting out a lot pretty difficult.

Finally this past week, on a quick walk after work I was lucky enough to bag my first deer. A nice little 3X2 whitey. Carcass weight after skinning and gutting was around 100 pounds. Good little meat buck. One shot in the neck at about 40 yards, never moved an inch. Hoping to get out and chase some mulie bucks in a couple weeks. Would love to have another in the freezer. Here is a pic (hope it works) and also my joke, as per tradition.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/hbc11.jpg

Two hunters went moose hunting every winter without success. Finally, they came up with a foolproof plan. They got a very authentic female moose costume and learned the mating call of a female moose. The plan was to hide in the costume, lure the bull, then come out of the costume and shoot the bull. They set themselves up on the edge of a clearing, donned their costume and began to give the moose love call. Before long, their call was answered as a bull came crashing out of the forest and into the clearing. When the bull was close enough, the guy in front said, "Okay, let's get out and get him." After a moment that seemed like an eternity, the guy in the back shouted, "The zipper is stuck! What are we going to do?" The guy in the front says, "Well, I'm going to start nibbling grass, but you'd better brace yourself."

kennyj
10-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome, and congratulations on your first buck.
kenny

Allen50
10-29-2012, 07:29 PM
well i guess it easy shooting a buck pened in, cant runaway,,,, lol lol lol just kidden,, nice buck for a first, with many more to come,,,,

Hillbros_96
10-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Congrats on your first deer and new family

Wood butcher
10-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the site.

Congrats on the first buck should be a great eater. I thought the joke was pretty good too.

teleposer
10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks.. ha... pic was taken when we got it home to deal with... but did get it within minutes of home though.

coach
10-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Good joke! Welcome to HBC. Congrats on your first buck. You're gonna find hunting and this website pretty addicting.

cloverphil
10-29-2012, 07:44 PM
nice deer, welcome to HBC

ElliotMoose
10-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome to HBC! You won't find meat much tastier than that. Lots of game recipe's available on this site too if you're lookin for ways to prepare

bc_buckshot
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Welcome and great job bro, just next time joke first before story and pics......

avadad
10-29-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats, should be tasty!

islander7mm
10-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I just fell off my chair from that one! Everything about this post is awesome.

bowhunterbruce
10-30-2012, 06:09 AM
perfect eating meat buck and the joke was pretty good as well. welcome aboard hbc and congrats

d6dan
10-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Good starter buck!. Congrats and welcome to HBC.