PDA

View Full Version : Mentoring

EastWest
10-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Hey all,

New to the forum, I have checked it out a few times before joining. More to the point, I am looking to get some more experience hunting, I'm not picky on what kind. I have my PAL, the Ontario equivalent of a CORE, just need to get a hunter number in BC. Given that, and some shoulder issues, I was looking to tag along and not hunt. I do have a 12 gauge, but the ol' shoulder keeps me from enjoying it. I have gone whitetail hunting back in Ontario twice, with no luck. Both times I went with my dad, so I had some guidance, but he is out of province. As I have come to learn, just hearing about something doesn't mean you can do it in practice. So if anyone is looking for someone to help them out (carry out) I would gladly join you, maybe I'd even throw in a case of beer.

A bit about me, I am 20 living in Coquitlam, able bodied. Again, I have a 12 gauge, so maybe some duck hunting later on. I don't have a cabin anywhere (unless you want to go to Ontario) to hunt at, nor do I have a car. Despite all of that, I would still like to learn the ropes. If you are interested or have any pointers let me know.

Thanks.

Weatherby Fan
10-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey EastWest,welcome to BC and HBC,lots of great info on this site as well as very knowledgeable and helpful people.
WF

EastWest
10-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you sir. I can tell there is lots of good people out there. It is sure hard to beat the landscapes out here. I'd love to spend some more time out doors.

ncurrie
10-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome, I am sure you will find some guys here that will help you out!

EastWest
10-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Thank you ma'am. I sure hope so.

itsy bitsy xj
11-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Welcome to BC. I know what you mean about the 12 g and a shoulder injury. I recently bought a Weatherby semi-auto 12g for just that reason... best $500 I could have spent! I can shoot it all day and no problems. Something you might want to think of investing in