PDA

View Full Version : 3-12 Lundbom Lake

upcomer
10-25-2012, 07:35 PM
Has anyone hunted there? How is it for deer and moose? Any suggestion on which areas to focus on? Feel free to PM if you wish to help out. Thinking of heading there for an overnighter tomorrow.

Tnx in advance

recoil
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
PM sent.. too short

Sofa King
10-25-2012, 08:11 PM
lundbom?
do you realize that that's basically two minutes from the highway?
of all the places in that vicinity, why are you choosing lundbom?

the back end in there is ranchland i'm pretty sure.
douglas, nicola, and quilchena ranches are all nearby.
there's probably some area, but it won't be all that vast.

moose.
go further up the coq.
i was up there yesterday and saw lots of moose sign.

millman911
10-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Big mule deer in that area. Easy hiking and lots of Deer. Seen moose up above the lake but not many. pm sent.

Sofa King
10-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Big mule deer in that area. Easy hiking and lots of Deer. Seen moose up above the lake but not many. pm sent.

how far back before you hit ranchland?
i know the backside of corbett is douglas.
and quilchena is in there as well.

500grhollowpoint
10-25-2012, 09:32 PM
We smoked about 2 or 3 coyotees a trip in there for about 6 trips one year. About 6 or 7 years ago. Never saw one for the next 3 years. or a deer.

doubled
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Big muley country, wide open grasslands. Have fished there a fair amount over the last five years. Have never seen a moose but I am sure they are there.

mark
10-26-2012, 02:23 PM
2 votes for big muley country???? I know its happened in the past when all conditions are just right.....but has anyone actually ever got one, or even seen one there??? Way too many people goofing around in that wide open country with little cover to hold big bucks! (just my opinion here)

doubled
10-26-2012, 02:48 PM
2 votes for big muley country???? I know its happened in the past when all conditions are just right.....but has anyone actually ever got one, or even seen one there??? Way too many people goofing around in that wide open country with little cover to hold big bucks! (just my opinion here)

Get away from the roads and you will find them. You should know that Mark. Not quite the monsters you chase down every year but definitely some decent bucks there especially later in the season.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-26-2012, 05:09 PM

I used to hunt that area right near the end of the season. Never shot a deer there(okay..1 doe)...but the best chance I had at a whopper was the winter in '96 when the snow was so deep we had to pretty much hike from the hwy. Drifts over my waist in places. Took several hours to hike to the top in crazy blizzard conditions, binos were like a block of ice by the time I got there, swirling winds. Never saw a track until I hit the backside....but just as I cut my first set of fresh tracks I jumped "him"....bedded under a low hanging fir tree. Didn't know I jumped him until the track told me so. Started following the bounce marks until I caught a glimpse of him bounding away. Burned into my memory forever. Saw some other dandy tracks while I kept on his trail.
Those are the kind of conditions that help to find "the big ones" in that country.

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
10-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh ya...have seen moose on the backside timber later in the season but the snow was already deep.
Wouldn't waste too much time up there if I had a moosie tag.

SSS