PDA

View Full Version : Vertical sausage stuffers

Hurtlocker
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Does anyone have any experience with the power Fist brand vertical sausage Stuffers sold at princess auto? I am looking at the 11 lb stuffer in perticular Thanks

Ron.C
10-25-2012, 10:30 AM
my buddy bought one. Says it worked great.

Sitkaspruce
10-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Just make sure it has metal gears, not plastic or nylon as they will wear out.

Cheers

SS

lorneparker1
10-25-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/sausagestuffers.htm

This what you want. After 2 stuffers (1 vertical) this things blows anyone ive tried out of the water

Gateholio
10-25-2012, 11:21 AM
That is one slick sausage stuffer. Hydraulic power! :)

I think I need one.....

Gateholio
10-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Add to cart!!!! :)

Sundance1972
10-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Looked at the 5lb model a week or so ago, but like Sitkaspruce said, the gears look to be made from nylon/plastic and will wear out over time. For the average guy that makes a few batches a year (like myself) should be ok.

lorneparker1
10-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Add to cart!!!! :)

Man you won't be sorry. I can't even begin to tell you how wicked they are. You can work by youealef no problem with one hand. Just make sure you meat is fairly pliable( Add water) and only barely keep the water on as a trickle once.you get the cylinder moving.

Spy
10-25-2012, 01:54 PM
http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/sausagestuffers.htm

This what you want. After 2 stuffers (1 vertical) this things blows anyone ive tried out of the water
I like the way that works !What do you think the lifespan on that stuffer is ?

lorneparker1
10-25-2012, 02:01 PM
This is our third year with it and probably close to 500 lbs (maybe more) through it, with no issues at all. It's mostly plastic so just take care of it

Gateholio
10-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Since it has no gear, just works on water power, I think the only thing that could wear out is a seal, which is probably easy to replace. Hope mine gets here before I shoot a deer! I see a whole deer turning into sausage in my future! :)

Bear Chaser
10-25-2012, 10:18 PM
The only problem with the Dakota is when you go to slow it down and you turn the valve the wrong way. Gets a little western in the kitchen.:oops:

Cleanup is a breeze after the sausage is stuffed.

lorneparker1
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
The only problem with the Dakota is when you go to slow it down and you turn the valve the wrong way. Gets a little western in the kitchen.:oops:

HAHAHAHAHa. that kills me, i did the exact same thing my firs time.

Lorne

Farmer001
11-13-2012, 09:03 AM
LEM , all stainless throw in dishwasher, 5lbs at a time. Works well for smaller batches or larger.

Gateholio
11-13-2012, 09:39 AM
My sausage stuffer just arrived, so the next deer I see is going to get shot. Big antlers or small. I want to try out the sausage stuffer! :)

Philcott
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Gate, what was final price to your door? I like the looks of those. Or I might just make one myself.

Farmer
11-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I picked up a Weston from their website earlier this year. About $170 to Ship happens. All stainless, metal gears and 4 stainless stuffing tubes. It works very well. I think it holds 7 pounds. We looked at lots that had plastic gears or plastic stuffing tubes, but we wanted something more durable. The 11 and 15 pound versions are also available.

Gateholio
11-13-2012, 06:14 PM
It was about $215IIRC

303Brit
11-13-2012, 07:23 PM

That truly is the only problem with the Dakota, as Lorne said we have put aroudn 500lbs through and other than operator error not a hiccup from this machine.

lockmancpl
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the power Fist brand vertical sausage Stuffers sold at princess auto? I am looking at the 11 lb stuffer in perticular Thanks

Bought the 5lb unit last time it was on sale. Other than needing a very through scrubbing to remove the packing grease, specially under the O ring, it works great. Yes it has nylon gears, but I do not need high volume production nor push a tool harder than it was intended to work, so I expect it last quite a while. I really like the ability to turn the crank back 1/4 turn and stop all output instantly, makes twisting or casing changes super easy. I was using collagen
casings last time and they do not compress the same as natural, so a longer stuffing tube would have been nice though. It is also much nicer to use if you can clamp or anchor it down.

Ubertuber
11-14-2012, 11:00 AM
I have one as well. I've put a couple of hundred pounds through the thing. It's cheap and works fine. They sell the same unit at Stuffers and LEM (has a different label) for quite a bit more.
Don't let the "it's gotta be all metal gears" guys discourage you, for the money, it works great.