PDA

View Full Version : Well my girlfriend HAD some interesting friends...

bigj
10-24-2012, 09:25 PM
For health reasons, my girlfriend adopted a vegan diet a while back. Having food allergies, it wasn't a hard switch for her. She had never hunted before but was open minded and joined us in a Jr. season hunt with my daughters. She witnessed the respect for the game and learned hunting wasn't the "big bad" thing she had been told it was. Now she is very interested and will be doing her CORE and getting her license for next season. She is against animal testing and factory farming and will not support it, but is now eating game meat with us. Here is a link to her blog, she posted some of the comments directed at her by person who started the "stop UBC animal research"
check out this narrow minded fools response.
http://www.samanthajanewhitfield.com/?m=1

Gun Dog
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Funny stuff. A lot of self described "liberals" are narrow minded and intolerant. Ignorant too.

keoke
10-24-2012, 09:52 PM
All I have to say to vegans is that there is proof if early man did not have a protein diet we would never have developed large brains. Vegans = devolution

warnniklz
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
I've know a lot of vegan people that are fine with hunting. They've just grown up in the concrete jungle and haven't had the opportunity to get out hunting. My buddy's girlfriend only eats wild meat and vegtables she's grown in her garden

brian
10-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Hey I am opposed to factory farming and also against frivolous animal testing as well (relevant medical testing is murky uncomfortable grey area for me though). My opposition to factory farming is a big reason why I got into hunting.

I have one question for Brian Vincent, Are all animals far superior to her and her hunting buddies or only the ones that don't hunt? Like are wolves superior even though they painfully tear apart innocent baby animals for their food? Or does this hunting and killing inferiority only belong to us as a species if we kill animals for food? I really want to know how this all superiority ranking works in the natural world!

Pioneerman
10-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Very nice, and I really like the picture of her in her new hat. You don't need camo to catch veggies or game, but you look cool doing it :-D

open-sights
10-24-2012, 10:35 PM
really there is no blaming anyone for a lifestyle choice, we would be as bad as an anti for judging others. I live with a vegitarian who is proud of my hunting accomplishments and we make it work. Having said that - I think I would have a very hard time living with an anti hunter, the hunting industry paid for my lifestyle for years, and runs deep with me.

warnniklz
10-24-2012, 10:54 PM
really there is no blaming anyone for a lifestyle choice, we would be as bad as an anti for judging others. I live with a vegitarian who is proud of my hunting accomplishments and we make it work. Having said that - I think I would have a very hard time living with an anti hunter, the hunting industry paid for my lifestyle for years, and runs deep with me.

more cheers more beers to that

wicket
10-25-2012, 03:55 AM
good for your girlfriend thats great

barry1974w
10-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Good on your girl friend for standing up for what she thinks is right. Although I would like to sit down with her and have a debate about the fur trade over a couple of beers.....

bigj
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Good on your girl friend for standing up for what she thinks is right. Although I would like to sit down with her and have a debate about the fur trade over a couple of beers.....

Her issue isn't really with the fur trade itself. When done propperly I have zero issue with it either, not a fan of the comercial stuff where animals are raised and then skinned alive. I have quite a few friends who are "trappers" that type of harvest, done by responsible people, is not what alot of the "Anti's" claim it is. She was extremely ill-informed about trapping, even so far as hearing that the Black Bear was an endangered species....

rocksteady
10-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I was following along, reading all of the bullshit they were throwing at her and then I saw her picture.... Then I forgot what I had read !! Very perty lady...

Okay, back on track.... The guy who was slaggin her on facebook is not worthy to be a friend.. he sounds crazy..

Stone Sheep Steve
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Her issue isn't really with the fur trade itself. When done propperly I have zero issue with it either, not a fan of the comercial stuff where animals are raised and then skinned alive. I have quite a few friends who are "trappers" that type of harvest, done by responsible people, is not what alot of the "Anti's" claim it is. She was extremely ill-informed about trapping, even so far as hearing that the Black Bear was an endangered species....

A co-worker show me a video that his friend got from PETA of a raccoon-like animal (european variety??) being skinned alive in a public square. The skinner slammed the drugged animal (I assume since it didn't rip his arm off) into the concrete and then hung the animal up while it was quiverring like mad and did a complete "hack-job" skinning the animal out. My co-worker was absolutely disgusted until I informed him that the entire video was a hoax....most likely PETA paid the guy to do that in public so they could film in and use it to generate huge $ to fill their pockets. ANYONE who knows any thing about the fur industry knows that you get eff-all for a pelt that has a few knicks and burns in it let alone one that is hacked full of holes.

SSS

lonnie
10-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I used to be a vegan. i still am morally opposed to factory farming and fur farms. Now i hunt and fish, have my trappers license as well, and tan leather and furs. leather and venison are better than industrially farmed gmo cotton and beef that was raised in the slashed/burned amazon or basically in a gutted apartment building. honest interactions with your livelihood hold you more accountable than any consumer choice could.

Ltbullken
10-26-2012, 10:52 AM
If you've seen Food Inc. any natural food is better food IMHO!! And wild game is the best! Totally agree that an animal in the wilds woudl most likely die a lingering demise to be taken by a predator. Better a quick death by hunter. Wild game is eco friendly too because it is an animal that lives within the ecosystem, not apart from it like cattle.

BC_Viking
10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
These braindead sheltered people from the city have no clue that wild game was their ancestors most important food , the whole human race would have never existed without wild game. The human race would have never survived on a vegan diet lol NEVER! Pray animals are on earth for a reason , FOR FOOD! They should be harvested at a sustainable rate .. Without hunting what would happen to all the rural communities in the far north? THEY WOULD DIE! you cant afford to buy meat or from a grocery store up there .