PDA

View Full Version : Terrace Coho

Big G Hunter
10-24-2012, 08:08 PM
i am currently working in the Terrace are and was wondering about some new spots to fish for coho in the area. I have fished Lake Else river abou 20 times with no luck. di catch a few on the Extew river, but there are many hunters in boats crusing up and down the river spooking the fish. Usually can only go after 5pm till dark. Any spots or a general direction or river to try? Have all the gear, just need some luck.

limit time
10-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Travel the road to kitimat...I see people fishing the river there all the time, also, I see lots of people fishing and camping by the gun club. I believe not boats allowed.

kitnayakwa77
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately it's getting pretty late for local coho....most are in their spawning colors. The Tseax gets chromers until mid-November but that's not an after work mission. Coho fishing can be spotty as they are a fussy fish at times, but the lakelse and extew are both good bets in mid-Sept to mid-October.

Kalum
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
The Tseax has a good run late into the fall and it's a beaut spot to walk in to. Marabou jigs on the bottom end.

doubled
10-31-2012, 05:26 PM
We usually get some in the copper as well.

Goliath
10-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Skeena @ Mouth of the exchamsiks, maybe 300 meters upstream. Very do able for after work trip. Spencer creek (aka Tseax) is primo, but you'll need to call in sick...wink wink.

TSW
10-31-2012, 11:26 PM
We usually get some in the copper as well.

I've caught some in there too--just not allowed to retain any! But it does happen when fishing for steelies.

Big Lew
11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
I have done very well in the Lake Else during September-early October for springs and above-average sized coho, spin casting with 'kitimats' and Crocs. (silver/red or pink works well) Can get a bit crowded though....lots of Americans sometimes.