PDA

View Full Version : East Harrison lk?

xcaribooer
10-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I havent been up there for a couple years so I was wondering if someone could update on how much active logging there is and are any of the gates open? bear cr??
thanks

upcomer
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
was up there early september. Logging trucks were passing me every 5 minutes. Tonnes up bear crk and further down.. i wen about 40km's down and they were logging far past where i was.

unsure about gates, didnt come across as (locked or opened)

It made my day useless as the dust was unbearable.. will be better now with all this rain but it floods up there often so dont go on a day that its supposed to be stormy

warnniklz
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
They just started logging last december up there. It's pretty clear once you pass the airstrip. There's a road just past the airstrip that goes up to the right. It's a little steep but not bad. It'll come to a "Y". Park there then walk up the left side. Once you're on top you can walk off the edge to the right and sit up high above the clearing with a good view. I've sat up there and watched a lot of guys walk in on the lower road right by deer and then turn around and leave.

Only caughing up this info because I don't hunt out there anymore.

gamer
10-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Was up there today. Logging activity was busy. Lots of trucks moving. At the north end of the lake just before the air strip section we could not even get past where they were loading trucks. Equiptment and trucks blocking the road. Not much sign. Few tracks here and there. No grouse were spotted either.
I did not go up the right fork at bear creek far enough to see if gate was closed or open. Sign indicated gate was still there and logging was active on that road.

xcaribooer
10-24-2012, 10:44 PM
hmm that sucks. thanks for the updates though.

thebeav
11-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Has anybody been up the East side in the last few weeks?

Legi0n
11-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Bear Creek gate was closed and guarded when I drove there in October.

thebeav
11-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Really?! Thanks for the info

Brew
11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
All the gates will be locked up there. All will be good past the airstrip at 32km. Still lots if logging going on

rides bike to work
11-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Can you get to the hotsprings up there right now ?
The road was washed out in the spring.

S_Dime2000
11-18-2012, 12:03 PM
You can make it to them, was up there oct 27, might have changed a little since then though