PDA

View Full Version : another tragic hunting accident

xcaribooer
10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
seems to be too much of this happening this year
Metis huntress from this site was friends of the victim,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/10/06/sk-fatal-hunting-121006.html

f350ps
10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Absolutely tragic, I can't comprehend what the father would be going through, very sad! K

Spy
10-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Tragic is an understatement ! Thats a simply terrible accident ! Maybe poor light/ visibility might have played a role considering it was 630pm !Be safe out there & please make sure of your target before pulling the trigger !

lorneparker1
10-23-2012, 04:51 PM
thats brutal.

Poor dad

Lorne

whitlers
10-23-2012, 05:07 PM
This is nonsense. You are accountable the second you load your firearm. Accidents like this give a bad wrap to responsible firearm owners. These two instances should have never happened.

RiverOtter
10-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Condolences to the family...

RiverOtter
10-23-2012, 05:33 PM
This is nonsense. You are accountable the second you load your firearm. Accidents like this give a bad wrap to responsible firearm owners. These two instances should have never happened.

Another well thought out post.........especially considering the details haven't even been released yet!

boxhitch
10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Get a grip, whitlers. $#it happens.

Condolences to the family...X2

BigSlapper
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM

Comments like yours never cease to amaze me .... insightful, articulate, thoughtful, sensitive, humbling, inspiring ...
This forum would just not be the same without you.

Weatherby Fan
10-23-2012, 08:13 PM
This is unthinkable,my thoughts are with the family.
WF

Jack Russell
10-23-2012, 08:16 PM
This is truly a tragedy for any family. Heartbreaking for the father and family.

Sofa King
10-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Another well thought out post.........especially considering the details haven't even been released yet!

and just what could be released that would make this a preventable death?
nothing makes this death right.
the shooter should have his gun taken away and his hunting priveleges.

why are you attacking a member for pointing out hunter safety?

i would feel sorry for the father if some stranger shot his son.
but the father himself, lifted his gun on his son, aimed at him, and pulled the trigger and killed him.
those are facts.
this is not an accident.

and nice sig.
way to jump aboard and join the bullying.
do you feel better about yourself?
just because people say things that you dont agree with doesn't make them wrong or stupid.
we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Sofa King
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Comments like yours never cease to amaze me .... insightful, articulate, thoughtful, sensitive, humbling, inspiring ...
This forum would just not be the same without you.

what did whitlers say that is incorrect?
it's wrong to point out safety?

what's with the member-bashing?
really, what was the purpose of your commenting on his post?

Weatherby Fan
10-23-2012, 08:44 PM
duallie
I think what there trying to say is yes it was terrible thing that happened but now is the time for a little compassion not ridicule or a safety lesson,
I can't imagine how the Father feels,let alone the rest of the family.
All the discipline in the world won't help this tragic accident,I'm sure he won't be want to pick a gun up for a long time,if ever again.
WF

Glenny
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Can't even imagine the horror of this? What a terrible thing to happen.

MB_Boy
10-23-2012, 08:50 PM
but the father himself, lifted his gun on his son, aimed at him, and pulled the trigger and killed him.
those are facts.
this is not an accident

Did I miss another article on this topic or where does "inadvertently" turn into "lifted his gun on his son, aimed at him, and pulled the trigger and killed him."? ? ? I don't see the facts you note above?

Terrible accident.

ncurrie
10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes but remember Duallie is perfect and doesn't make any mistakes! So he feels he can ridicule anyone especially when they are going through a very tragic time in their life.

My sincere condolences goes out to that poor family.

whitlers
10-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Just making a valid point. Didn't mean to take away from the fact that it is indeed horrible. I am truly sorry for their loss. Not intended to offend anyone.

hunter1947
10-24-2012, 05:38 AM
This is very sad news to hear it gives me the shivers up my back bone to hear about this shooting accident ,my condolence goes out to the family and friends..

RiverOtter
10-24-2012, 05:49 AM

those are facts.
this is not an accident.

Care to point me to those "facts"?

and nice sig.
just because people say things that you dont agree with doesn't make them wrong or stupid.

My sig line, kinda has a resounding ring to it, almost like a hammer hitting a nail right square on the head......

If you're gonna slag people at every turn, you had better grow some thicker skin kid.

pronghorn
10-24-2012, 06:08 AM
This is truley sad as it happened not 45 mins from where I live now and was a shock to the hunting community here

Philcott
10-24-2012, 07:23 AM
There are many ways this could have happened. Every one of them are tragic.

Sadness fills my heart for the people involved in this tragedy.

BigSlapper
10-24-2012, 07:40 AM
what did whitlers say that is incorrect?
it's wrong to point out safety?

what's with the member-bashing?
really, what was the purpose of your commenting on his post?

Duallie ... a couple things are clear. 1) There are members of this forum who's "sensitivity/ compassion" guage doesn't register and 2) I don't anticipate you connecting with this - sometimes "compassion" wires are not a part of the machine. A tragic event has occurred greatly effecting a family and friends, regardless of the events leading up to said event. As Weatherby Fan articulated, IMO, it's not a time to be "soap boxing" on gun safety. Your " facts" about the father lifting his gun on his son, "aiming" and pulling the trigger implies murder ... wow ... are those "the facts"? Terrible for family and friends, whatever the case.

JIL_24/7
10-24-2012, 08:13 AM
FYI:
http://www.globalsaskatoon.com/father+mistook+son+for+bear+in+fatal+hunting+accid ent+in+saskatchewan/6442731681/story.html

Looks like this is more than just a misfire.............................can you imagine? Wow.

xcaribooer
10-24-2012, 09:30 AM
The victim was a husband and father of 3 children as well. I hope they are getting the support they need from the local community.

Philcott
10-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Well that report shines more light on the situation and it plainly states he didn't verify his target before firing the shot. That still doesn't make it any less tragic for the shooter and the family. S sad day in the hunting community.

MB_Boy
10-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Well that report shines more light on the situation and it plainly states he didn't verify his target before firing the shot. That still doesn't make it any less tragic for the shooter and the family. S sad day in the hunting community.

Yup.....agreed; tragic yet unfortunately it was completely avoidable.

Metis Huntress
12-13-2012, 10:46 PM
I cry as I read this as I miss the life that was taken from him far too soon. He was a young man with ambition, love and family. His friends, as am I will never forget what love he had for his family. He wouldn't be the kind of man that would blame his father for nothing more than an accident. He was loved by all that knew him.

bccanadian
12-14-2012, 01:30 AM
I cry as I read this as I miss the life that was taken from him far too soon. He was a young man with ambition, love and family. His friends, as am I will never forget what love he had for his family. He wouldn't be the kind of man that would blame his father for nothing more than an accident. He was loved by all that knew him.

My wife and I send our deepest condolences to you and his family.

hunter1947
12-14-2012, 03:59 AM
When I read things like this it puts chills up my back bone ,,I remember back when my friend died in my arms that someone had shot in a hunting accident accidents I know how it feels,,this accident might have been prevented If but I was not there to know what happened ?????? my condolences goes out to the family and friends ,,,very ,,,very sad for the father family and friends :(....

digger dogger
12-14-2012, 07:21 AM

those are facts.
this is not an accident.

and nice sig.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zq4j87.png

igojuone
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM
People like duallie are why there is an ignore list, don't feed the trolls, just add to your ignore list and never read or repost their drivel.

Condolences to the family.

RB2
12-15-2012, 01:44 AM

those are facts.
this is not an accident.

and nice sig.

i am glad you are judge and jury. a dirtbiker in Squamish was shoot this week by so called target shooters. shoot by 22 and is ok. there is a reason why YOU should know point of impact!!!!!!!!!!!! condolences to the family

troutseeker
12-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Anyone knows if the father is charged with careless use of a firearm?

ravensfoot
12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Condolences A sad sad day.

trapperRick
12-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I second this

This is unthinkable,my thoughts are with the family

Panic
12-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Not a position I'd ever want to see anyone in...my thoughts are with the family.

HIGHRPM
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
SHIT !!! He must be going through absolute hell !

russm
12-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Shitty situation, but it does come back to target varification which for most of us us one of the very first things we learn to do :s not to play the blame game or anything....

YAMMY-CA
12-16-2012, 02:59 PM
seems to be too much of this happening this year
Metis huntress from this site was friends of the victim,
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/story/2012/10/06/sk-fatal-hunting-121006.html

Nothing tragic about it-just stupidity and carelessness.ETOH involved??