PDA

View Full Version : Busted....

srupp
10-23-2012, 11:35 AM
went out to an old series of cutblocks to check for deer movement..freezer getting kinda low..so since I hadnt hunted there for 8 years and Im STILL trying to find a good place for HUNTER181 Branden...HAVE NOT FORGOT BUD..:-D

Well figured it out went in and sat..some time later something wasnt right..stood up and turned around @ 20 yards BUSTED..:cry: lmao teach me to forget the basics...before dark I had seen 25-30 mulies and 3 of them were bucks..one a decent 3x..

So been @ the computer writing my International Trauma Life Support exams ..get one more done and I got Susans permission for round 2 @ the muley madness..lol:-D..

For those that I "suggested" spots and ideas on bears. moose,cariboo, deer, etc and were successful I wouldnt mind a photo for my memories book??

cheers

Steven

warnniklz
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
My brother and his buddy have been seeing lots of 3 and 4 points just south of town. They're up high but still vehicle accessable. His buddy just knocked over a decent 4 point a couple days ago. There were 2 four points but my brother missed his. Don't want to give too much more info away than that on here.

fuzzybiscuit
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Hey Steven, do you have any spots for a monster Blacktail around Campbell River? You can PM me if you like. I'll send you lots of pictures when I shoot him.:)

Thanks, Fuzzy

srupp
10-24-2012, 11:40 AM
lol ya seen a few up high in Horsefly also..

DId get back out...had deer within 20 yards but nothing big enough yet..lol

Fuzzy havnt hunted much on the Island but did see HUGE black tail in the woods in the CITY OF NANAIAMO 20 yards from my twin brothers home..lol..bedded

cheers

Steven

cuervosail
10-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Steven: Just got back this afternoon from that area of 3-17 that you pointed out to me. Spent 3 days hunting it hard. I only saw one set of a tracks - not a deer to be seen anywhere. It's a gorgeous area for sure, they gotta be in there somewhere. So, nothing to add to your photo book of memories ... yet.

srupp
10-25-2012, 11:12 AM
hmmm lol 1 for 2 .....just past the campsite a really decent deer was just harvested on Monday...they are there...

last night I was within 12 FEET of a fawn while its mom fed 20 yards away..so close I couldnt blink..felt like a Turrettes patient on crack caught on camera..just couldnt even blink..had th move scratch and breathe but was afraid of even the blood pulsing through my eyeball veins ya that close...lol only moms and babies and 2 points...headed to Horsefly prior to my kidney surgery next week..

As for 3-17 the only place I did not see sign was up Botanie valley and the alpine at the south end of the triangell..

cheers
Steven

cuervosail
10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Interesting. I was there on Monday - I saw a couple of guys in a BC Forestry truck who turned around at that spot you told me about and a guy cutting firewood at the side of the road.

srupp
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
lol so you didnt see the truck / camp south of the "camp " on the ridge??good trail up there also..another crew camped in the area also...I hunted for a week covered insane area and never met another hunter in most places???

steven