PDA

View Full Version : Moose Bombs

flyboy
10-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone has used them or any spray scents. Successful or a money hoax

Good2bCanadian
10-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Last year we sprayed elk scent 2 nights and had a grizz and a black bear come in.
This year we soaked a stump on the trail with a moose bomb and when we hiked out at night we spooked a bull moose from the spot we had sprayed the moose bomb.

Blacktail 270
10-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Worked for me this year. Scents work.

junkyard_g
10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
elk bomb works too. had elk sniffing around my game cam after letting one off this year.

kitnayakwa77
10-23-2012, 01:51 PM
not to hijack the thread, but what about tink's smokin sticks for moose? anyone have any info on them?

Ike
10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I tried one this year and it seems to have helped since I got a moose one hour after setting it out. There is apparently 90 seconds of spray IIRC so it lasts a long time, I used about 15 seconds of it.

It really disperses well in the air, waaay more than the standard bottle stuff; but watch wind direction to avoid coating your hunting partner (sorry about that buddy). I'll definitely use it again.

Cheers

Good2bCanadian
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
I tried a bear one this spring and could smell it a good 1/2 km away. Scent really travelled in the wind.

StoneChaser
10-23-2012, 09:52 PM
I tried a bear one this spring and could smell it a good 1/2 km away. Scent really travelled in the wind.

Might want to keep that one to yourself (assuming you were hunting bear in BC)......

Ike
10-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Might want to keep that one to yourself (assuming you were hunting bear in BC)......

According to the manufacturer their Smoked Bacon, Anise oil and Cake Icing versions have no nutritional value so they are not considered bait. I remember reading that in the WSS catalogue, and just checked the manufacturer's website.

Sofa King
10-24-2012, 07:04 AM
not to hijack the thread, but what about tink's smokin sticks for moose? anyone have any info on them?

i've used the sticks many times, and they work very well.
they make a foldable box to go over them and they recommend using it.
the box protects from the wind and helps the stick last longer, plus it holds the smoke and it build it up, letting it slowly escape through vent-holes.
i've had moose show up most times i used them, and fairly fast sometimes.
but of course, there has to be one around in the first place.

the only problem i had with them, was that it was almost always a larger bull that came in.
that doesn't help much when one can one shoot a little one.